FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Standby drain

815 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,555
 
By XDA_RealLifeReview, RealLifeReview Dude on 25th July 2017, 07:19 PM | Average Rating:
Post Reply Email Thread
26th September 2017, 11:24 PM |#21  
Char_G's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 1,833
 
More
My battery life is fine too with Bixby and other Samsung bloat disabled with package disabler
 
 
27th September 2017, 12:47 PM |#22  
Jostian's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Pretoria
Thanks Meter: 447
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dearnemo

same issue. i got both the s8 and s8+, both lost 15% after 7-8 hours sleep...
after some normal usage the battery dies arround 5pm everyday... this is really annoying.
the battery is the biggest but the only disappointment on my s8 and s8+, hopefully this can be fixedby system patch on some day.

are you using Greenify? I would really set up phone in terms of the debloating as mentioned in the link I posted earlier and then see if it improves, but for me Greenify was doing something odd, so yes yes after debloating according to the link and then uninstalling Greenify (maybe it conflicts with Samsung's optimizer or something) I saw a really big improvement in battery life.
27th September 2017, 05:20 PM |#23  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
I've disabled some bloat and compared the standby drain with and without AOD: for 6 hours (my sleep time) it used to drain 10% with AOD. Without it it just drained 3%. So I'd say AOD makes up for 3 times as much drain in standby. Which is significant if you consider your phone is on standby for 10 hours a day (a low estimate).
28th September 2017, 10:55 AM |#24  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jostian

are you using Greenify? I would really set up phone in terms of the debloating as mentioned in the link I posted earlier and then see if it improves, but for me Greenify was doing something odd, so yes yes after debloating according to the link and then uninstalling Greenify (maybe it conflicts with Samsung's optimizer or something) I saw a really big improvement in battery life.

Hi, i don't usethe Grennify, i just used the PDP and disabled the services which on the list and turned off the AOD on the S8.
The change was significant.
It lost 4-5% overnight sleep(8hours), and I still had arround 35% at the 5pm after a normal daily usage.
really appreciated.
I am gonna try to make the same change on the S8+ aswell tonite.
28th September 2017, 12:17 PM |#25  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 20
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dearnemo

Hi, i don't usethe Grennify, i just used the PDP and disabled the services which on the list and turned off the AOD on the S8.
The change was significant.
It lost 4-5% overnight sleep(8hours), and I still had arround 35% at the 5pm after a normal daily usage.
really appreciated.
I am gonna try to make the same change on the S8+ aswell tonite.

Hi,

can you please write some how-to?
I do not know which services and what is AOD?
28th September 2017, 01:58 PM |#26  
Jostian's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Pretoria
Thanks Meter: 447
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajnus

Hi,

can you please write some how-to?
I do not know which services and what is AOD?

see this link (go to debloat section), https://www.xda-developers.com/the-g...my-experience/ and click on the screen shot link to see the apps that are disabled. AOD stands for Always on Display (in settings/display).
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jostian For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Jostian Ad-Free
28th September 2017, 02:22 PM |#27  
Member
Flag Vinkovci
Thanks Meter: 27
 
More
Ive used tutorial and xml import for package disable pro from android.gadgethacks, plus few of my own, and im on stock draining about 0.4-0.5/h, wifi off on sleep, with data active 4G about 0.6/h in standby. AOD off, location off, nearby devices scanning off. 1h55min Sot, auto brightness, 73% battery left, used 27%, over period of 22hrs currently. Stock firmware.
29th September 2017, 08:01 AM |#28  
Jostian's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Pretoria
Thanks Meter: 447
 
Donate to Me
More
I'm very chuffed with battery life, with wifi on, data off (have wifi at work & at home), AOD off, and bloatware disabled with package disabler, also have naptime installed, but use the phone for a bit of everything, got just on 7 hrs SoT and 80 odd hours between charges, see screenshot.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Battery Life.JPG
Views:	1332
Size:	21.4 KB
ID:	4286643  
29th September 2017, 10:31 AM |#29  
bassgenerator's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Bansk√° Bystrica
Thanks Meter: 383
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jostian

I'm very chuffed with battery life, with wifi on, data off (have wifi at work & at home), AOD off, and bloatware disabled with package disabler, also have naptime installed, but use the phone for a bit of everything, got just on 7 hrs SoT and 80 odd hours between charges, see screenshot.

do you use naptime? did not the notifications affect your device? does everything work correctly? app naptime have you done using adb and all permissions according to the manual? well thank you.
29th September 2017, 10:33 AM |#30  
Jostian's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Pretoria
Thanks Meter: 447
 
Donate to Me
More
Yes i use Naptime and used the adb commands when setting it up. No problems for me so far. Which notifications are you talking about?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
29th September 2017, 11:17 AM |#31  
bassgenerator's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Bansk√° Bystrica
Thanks Meter: 383
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jostian

Yes i use Naptime and used the adb commands when setting it up. No problems for me so far. Which notifications are you talking about?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk


I mean, for example, GMAIL. we will not receive the notification. can it be related to the Gear VR service?
https://ibb.co/j7PN5b
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes