Standby drain

Search This thread

microserfs

Apr 14, 2015
London
How much battery drain should I get on flight mode? Was getting 1% an hour even then. I've decided to factory reset my phone as I feel there's something amiss, even if I did only just get it a few days ago.

I know my cell standby drain is high bc I get bad signal at home but it shouldn't affect the flight mode too.

Another thing, do any of you use any themes in particular? Do live wallpapers kill the phone battery faster?

chr0m

Apr 27, 2011
Serious issues here, only started using the phone 2 days ago. The first day seemed ok, but today was horrendous. I took it off the charger at 100% in the morning, less than 8 hours later it was dead with under 1 hour SoT. Something seriously wrong there.
The battery usage in settings showed that Android System was the main culprit with CPU time almost as long as it been off the charger.

Coming from a Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 this is a huge shock to the system. I'd take that off the charger at 7am and easily get 6 hours SoT and have battery to spare when I put it on charge at night 17 hours later

ciprigeorgiu

Apr 27, 2009
Cluj-Napoca
I lose about 4% per night on Wi-fi but I have bluetooth with fitness band connected. I also use all services including Bixby voice and Google assistant. Also cell reception is not so good at home. So I'm ok with these numbers.

gogokiller

Dec 1, 2011
Bavaria
I have serious drain issuses as well, stopped charging today around 6am, about 11h later with 1h 22min SOT I got 34%. I have AoD and BT on, BT for my MiBand 2 and AoD does near nothing because the device is in my pocket the whole time.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20171218-165359.png
    Screenshot_20171218-165359.png
    215.5 KB · Views: 483
  • Screenshot_20171218-165355.png
    Screenshot_20171218-165355.png
    102.4 KB · Views: 477

Patremagne

Dec 15, 2014
Boston
I have serious drain issuses as well, stopped charging today around 6am, about 11h later with 1h 22min SOT I got 34%. I have AoD and BT on, BT for my MiBand 2 and AoD does near nothing because the device is in my pocket the whole time.

Same thing happened to me yesterday. I love this phone, but chasing down these inconsistent battery issues is infuriating.

Jostian

Oct 21, 2010
Pretoria
Have you got Data on? 4g pinging of towers eats a lot of battery on S8, if you have wifi (then disable data), also try installing Naptime app which enforces doze much quicker and better, set location to battery saving, u only need GPS for navigation etc. And if you go to setting/battery.../battery, then select usage, what are your top 5 battery consumers? also an idea to flash the debloater (in cross device section) (if rooted) to get rid on lotsa bloat apps which also use battery... https://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s8/sam...ent/zafer61-aqk7-max-debloater-aroma-t3714171

---------- Post added at 10:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:28 AM ----------

@Jostian, do you mind sharing your exported list from package disabler.

Thanks

Sorry, didnt see your reply, I have since debloated with the debloater zip (find it in the cross device section), but if you still want the xml file pm me and I'll send it.

gogokiller

Dec 1, 2011
Bavaria
I followed that recommendation some time ago, GPS is on battery saving all the time. If I need navigation, I use my iPhone (only at work and the iPhone is my work phone). Even with BKdisabler and all the apps that I can set to completely black, AMOLED friendly wallpaper, my SoT average is 2h.

sp1312

Dec 5, 2012
Amsterdam
I followed that recommendation some time ago, GPS is on battery saving all the time. If I need navigation, I use my iPhone (only at work and the iPhone is my work phone). Even with BKdisabler and all the apps that I can set to completely black, AMOLED friendly wallpaper, my SoT average is 2h.

Yup exactly same for me also.. tired of battery saving tips.. now i use my phone in full throttle qhd+ resolution brightness around 40-50% everything on... it gives me same result

Reactions: ryanpm40

sammy4fresh

Feb 12, 2016
Hilston
www.techxclusive.com
When you sleep, does your phone sleep, or does it stay up all night and crunch 1s and 0s? Rate this thread to express how you deem the speed at which the Samsung Galaxy S8's battery drains under standby conditions. A higher rating indicates that when the phone is not in use, the battery drains minimally.

Then, drop a comment if you have anything to add!

I use the Samsung S8 and the battery life have been encouraging even though i still support it with my mobile power bank considering the fact that i live in Africa

ioancr

Jan 3, 2012
My verdict: standby drain is software related. I still have a working Samsung Galaxy S1 , which has an absolutely awesome standby of ∼13 days on Bionix ROM (Froyo), but as soon as I flash KitKat or LP custom ROMs, it will barely last a day (on standby). I am waiting Oreo upgrade for promised battery optimizations (certainly software related).

gogokiller

Dec 1, 2011
Bavaria
My verdict: standby drain is software related. I still have a working Samsung Galaxy S1 , which has an absolutely awesome standby of ∼13 days on Bionix ROM (Froyo), but as soon as I flash KitKat or LP custom ROMs, it will barely last a day (on standby). I am waiting Oreo upgrade for promised battery optimizations (certainly software related).

I hope that they put much work in the beta, atm it's not even close to be usable. Battery life is like non-existing.

vishanth

Mar 2, 2014
coimbatore
I have been facing battery drain problem and it was not satisfactory at all. I used to get 2 to 3hrs of SOT and sometimes even 1.5hrs with mobile data mostly all time on, Standby time was max of 12 to 16h. I got my battery and board replaced by Samsung but still, it is the same planning to file a replacement.

sp1312

Dec 5, 2012
Amsterdam
Not sure what happen today but stand by time at night was good.. 3% battery loss.. its already been 16hrs nd still 53% left.. always on mobile data and wifi Fhd+ resolution AOD off...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180111-114739_Settings.jpg
    Screenshot_20180111-114739_Settings.jpg
    230.7 KB · Views: 590

johnruug

Jan 16, 2018
package disabler

hello,
where do I get package disabler from? Is there an apk link?
I do not have nor want to use a Google account for Play Store.
thanks,
j.

ryanpm40

Nov 7, 2010
My phone dropped from 60% to 49% while sleeping for 6 and a half hours. With airplane mode on and medium power saving mode. To me, that's embarrassingly poor.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    When you sleep, does your phone sleep, or does it stay up all night and crunch 1s and 0s? Rate this thread to express how you deem the speed at which the Samsung Galaxy S8's battery drains under standby conditions. A higher rating indicates that when the phone is not in use, the battery drains minimally.

Then, drop a comment if you have anything to add!
    Its just Samsung or other manufacturer´s also suffer from standby drain? My S8 its terrible. Android system always high. Most wake locks are from Google with Gps position (And yes, i have the maps history disabled).

It's just Samsung. I had a V30 sit on my desk untouched for over a week before it died (phenomenal phone, but I returned it for the S8+ due to its display defects). There was nothing disabled on it, no airplane mode, I just had it face-down so the always on display wouldn't drain it, which is how it should be. We shouldn't have to disable core functionality of our phone just to have it work the way it should.

It's driving me nuts. The standby is way better when I just leave my phone on airplane mode while I sleep, but obviously that isn't feasible in daily use.

Weirdly, the always on display also seems to drain the S8 much faster on an OLED display than the always on display on the G5, which is a completely backlit LCD screen- it makes no sense to me.
    ImsService wakelocks + voLTE causing battery drain

Hi ppl,
    I was unable to read all the pages so I don't know if someone already wrote this but my standby draining on my S8 SM-G950F, was due to ImsService wakelocks (found it thanks to GSam Battery Monitor), caused by Enhanced LTE Services being enabled (I was having 3-5%/h on standby and now I have 0,6%/h), so where is the procedure to solve this:

1st - Download and install Nova Launcher (if you don't use it yet);
    2nd - Enable the Widget "Activities" of Nova Launcher:
    3rd - Search "Phone" with 129 in front of it:
    4th - Expand and search for "Enhanced LTE Services":
    5th - Disable Enhanced LTE Services

After this I finally have my Samsung Galaxy S8 with great battery life :D
    I hope this helps some users,
    Best Regards to all
    I lose about 3% an hour while I sleep. No other phone I've owned has drained that much.

I'm sure it's an app sucking the juice out of it.... I've restored it back to clean factory setting 3 times, after a few weeks it always goes back to about 3% an hour.

I uses Gsam battery monitor, but it shows nothing out of the ordinary other than: System, Samsux DeX (which I don't use), or the Kernel is usually really high.

I LOVE everything else about this phone, other than this.

I lose 3% an hour too. I have an old Galaxy Note 3 on Resurrection Remix 5.8.3 (Android 7.1.2) that lasts 25 days on standby. It's the stupid LagWiz bloated OS!
    Hi,

can you please write some how-to?
    I do not know which services and what is AOD?

see this link (go to debloat section), https://www.xda-developers.com/the-...r-community-radically-improved-my-experience/ and click on the screen shot link to see the apps that are disabled. AOD stands for Always on Display (in settings/display).