I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
Some personal thoughts:
- you should read everything from top to bottom of this first page at least - i won't offer support for any issues that were already mentioned;
- press 'Thanks' button instead of saying it - it will keep the thread clean and keep me motivated to do more;
- feel free to send me some coffee (which btw, runs out pretty quick), via paypal, if you want to support my work;
- if you take any of my work without my permission i'll report you, and you'll probably get banned.
ONLY G950F / G950FD / G955F / G955FD / N950F / N950FD VARIANTS ARE SUPPORTED.
1. Don't forget to check bugs before any kind of questions
2. Since most of the GSIs are AOSP, forget about VoLTE, Knox features, Samsung apps, spen features, Camera mods or features, Iris or other Samsung related features.
3. The GCam we use in OneUI also doesn't work, i know, don't spam with "fix pls".
4. On Note 8 only one camera works, i want and i would like to fix that too, but i can't promise anything.
5. You can use any non-treble rom even if you have treble vendor installed, as long as you flash a non-treble kernel. The rom will ignore your vendor and everything will be as non treble.
* To go back to treble just flash vendor/treble kernel and the desired GSI.
* For the cases when you flashed back official twrp or reverted to normal - follow again all the "how to" steps, from below.
6. Not many kernels support treble now, don't try to flash/boot with others unless they specifically mention the kernel supports treble or you will drastically fail.
If any kernel dev wants to support this project feel free to reach me to provide some critical (ramdisk) patches.
- based on G965FXXU5CSGD August release
- Note8 files from N950FXXS7DSH1 - August release
- S8(+) files from G95*FXXS5DSH5 - August release
- Aroma vendor zip with selection of some things
- latest hadesKernel included with most of the features of OneUI kernel + other patches
- misc things enabled in framework overlay for better experience
- will update when i will remember
- everything else that's not listed under the bugs
- fingerprint gestures
- touchscreen dies after a while with AOD/Ambient display always on (fixable with spamming power button 2-3 times)
How to convert to treble layout:
! make sure you are on latest official TWRP for your device (links in #2 post)
1) Download a PIE GSI from here, use ARM64, A only
2) Put GSI in internal storage
3) Reboot to recovery
4) Flash treble-convert zip
5) Reboot recovery
6) Flash downloaded GSI as image-system image
7) Reboot recovery
8) Flash treble-pie-vendor zip
9) Optional flash Magisk > 19.3
How to revert treble layout:
1) Reboot to recovery
2) Flash treble-revert zip
3) Reboot recovery
4) Wipe CACHE in twrp wipe menu
5) Flash any non treble rom or restore your previous twrp backup
testers & donors
*please pm me if i forgot someone
Project hadesTreble, Tool/Utility for the Samsung Galaxy S8
Source Code: https://github.com/corsicanu/android...95/tree/treble
Current Beta Version: v0.4
Beta Release Date: 2019-09-03
Last Updated 2019-09-19