FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[G95XF/FD/N] SoLdieR9312s G95XCRH1 ROM || 9.1 | AROMA | ODEXED | Android 8.0

2,425 posts
Thanks Meter: 3,586

Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from SoLdieR9312: 9.1 released!
10th July 2018, 12:51 AM |#1781  
Thanks Meter: 218

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jostian

OK am sure this is a stupid question but I installed Xposed framework (zip) and the Xposed app apk and then installed Gravity Box, however I see in Magisk that one of the modules available is also the Xposed framework, so can I install it there (in Magisk) and uninstall the Xposed app apk? I uninstalled the Xposed app apk and installed Xposed module in Magisk but then Gravitybox doesn't work... what am I doing wrong? do I need Xposed apk (just for for GravityBox)?

I thought I could install the Xposed module on Magisk which would allow GravityBox to run, and that I could then uninstall the Xposed apk, instead of having both, any insights please.

No see, you need the Xposed app to manage the framework and modules.

You can install the framework with either the Magisk manager or the offical Xposed manager for Oreo. Just install the app again and activate the modules with it and reboot the phone.

I use SuperSu root, this is why Xposed has their own independent manager so everyone can use Xposed that are rooted.

Magisk and Xposed have that one thing in common, they're both provide module management. But Magisk also offers systemless root with its own image partition implementation.

I prefer SuperSu, only because that root method is trough sbin, that is kinda more ehh universal, standard, compatable in terms of the general Android 8 structure when it comes to direct system modification access.

What I mean is, I only need a Super User app to grant me full permission to edit the system with any root powered application.

While Magisk is what I believe, meant to be safer and user friendly for the common daily user. So most people can get root level functionality with less worry about messing up the ROM because they didn't know exactly whatever they wanted to get done. So with Magisk, no need for extensive Linux code work knowledge. Just pick your module and install. On the other hand, that also means, you kinda need Magisk modules for almost every root task.

I don't like to be limited to any kinda framework and ain't concerned anymore about trial and error, or total system failure. I have finished my mileage of that and gathered enough skill set to be fine on my own to deal with any mishaps. I just make sure of them backups, and besides gotten fairly good and quick at setting up android system from ground up quite easily, should that be needed, and having fun doing it. Cheers.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ragnar Eldur For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ragnar Eldur Ad-Free

12th July 2018, 01:43 PM |#1782  
Thanks Meter: 29

More
How can add recovery menu to power menu?

Enviado desde mi SM-G950F mediante Tapatalk
12th July 2018, 02:46 PM |#1783  
Pretoria
Thanks Meter: 390

Donate to Me
More
I installed Xposed framework and then added the GravityBix module which has a whole load of tweaks including advanced per menu (which includes booting into recovery)

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
12th July 2018, 05:57 PM |#1784  

More
Quote:

added RiCE Tweaks to ROM
All Tweaks are hidden, only Startscreen/Home, Settings, System Info will work
It shows useful links and Status about my ROM.

Can install rice app from playstore? or what
12th July 2018, 11:56 PM |#1785  

More
I made a little mods for this rom, ready to flash with TWRP, dont need Xposed

Recovery on power menu

The Same + Center Clock

13th July 2018, 02:43 PM |#1787  
Pretoria

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil...

I made a little mods for this rom, ready to flash with TWRP, dont need Xposed

Recovery on power menu

The Same + Center Clock

Can I flash this even if I have Xposed installed?
13th July 2018, 04:35 PM |#1788  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
is the site down???
13th July 2018, 06:51 PM |#1789  

More
Quote:

Can I flash this even if I have Xposed installed?

yes
The Following User Says Thank You to Evil... For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Evil... Ad-Free
13th July 2018, 08:16 PM |#1790  
Thanks Meter: 340

More
Quote:

I installed Xposed framework and then added the GravityBix module which has a whole load of tweaks including advanced per menu (which includes booting into recovery)

Thank... whci rev of xposed you installed or where i can download for this rom ?

Thank
Hispa
13th July 2018, 09:10 PM |#1791  
Pretoria

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hispanico957

Thank... whci rev of xposed you installed or where i can download for this rom ?

Thank
Hispa

http://dl-xda.xposed.info/framework/sdk26/arm64/ beta 3 and then once flashed install the xposed apk from here https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho....php?t=3034811 to install modules, including GravityBox

The Following User Says Thank You to Jostian For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Jostian Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)