with Exynos Chip
- User-friendly - easy to understand - ready to use - "flash and play"
- Battery friendly
- High Performance
- increased efficiency
- Super Smooth
- Ram overall improvements --> Multitasking and Gaming performance
- Real-Time Kernel / Quick response
- Performance Profile (3 power Profile scaled to power consumption)*
- CPU Min/Max Freq Control for Cluster 0 and 1*
- CPU Max Freq Control - increased Max Freq from 546 to 572 Mhz*
- Suspend Max CPU Freq - For Powersaving (separately for Cluster 0 and 1)*
- SafetyNet: OK (requires Magisk installation after installing the A2N Kernel)
- Charger Control for Screen ON: Allows you to adjust AC / USB 2.0 / USB 3.0 and Wireless Charging Current from 100 - 1900 mA in 100 mA Steps (separately)*
- Fast Charging Control for Screen OFF: 100 - 2500 mA in 100 mA Steps* (works even with 3rd-party Chargers!)
- CPU Governor: Interactive - fine tuned for max performance and battery duty
- I/O Scheduler: Deadline
- Lite Kernel - Removed unneeded / useless Kernel features / disable almost all debugging
- Supports F2FS Filesystem - (Built-in)
- Support for CIFS and NFS Network Filesystems*
- Moved some Kernel Options to Modules like CIFS and NFS Network Filesystems
- Many Kernel Tweaks
- Higher Native Kernel Security Checks - Low Level protection for stack overflows and so on
- 3481 MB userspace RAM (with stock Kernel: 3452 MB)
- Some CPU Info Apps can show the CPU Temp
- SWAP Support
- Disabled non-efficient sswap 2048 MB and replaced with more efficient zRam 1740 MB with fast LZ4 Compressor*
- High Performance Binary-Code Optimizations (only fail-safe)
- Properly utilization of Precious Hardware features like: Vector Floating Point + SIMD (NEON) Instructions
- Based on latest Stock Samsung Source and some cherry-picked commits from other Developers here
- SELinux - permissive
- Disabled input booster - Not needed with tuned interactive governor
- Disabled HMP - Both Clusters will be used more "linear" for FULL Performance !
- Enable Dex with any HDMI adapter
- Improved IDLE
- Optimized ramdisk - e.g. decompile Apps with 8 Threads (since we've 8 Cores )
- LZ4 Compressed Kernel and TWRP Recovery
- Compiled with latest GCC Linaro / ARM Toolchain
- And many more .. just check my Kernel Control App for all supported Features
*= U can manage such Features with my A2N Kernel Control APP from Play Store.
This Kernel Package only contains a Demo Version of A2N Kernel Control which is not
able to change anything except to read (read-only) e.g. it can show you the actual charging
Current, but it can not change the Current. Other than that the Debug Menu works normally, so that u'll be able to easily generate Logs
and post them here in order to help with Debugging.
- Flash Kernel
- Flash Magisk - recommended
- Flash twrp recovery - optional or if there's an updated version
All Apps and Settings will survive if u're coming from another custom Kernel.
In the FTP Folder "General" u can find some useful Files ready to flash to your Device.
- Stock Kernel ---> ability to flash stock Kernel ... and then back to A2N Kernel .. useful for comparing stock Kernel vs. A2N Kernel without to loose Apps and Settings.
- twrp*.zip ----> fully patched and optimized twrp recovery running latest A2N Kernel to flash directly over any twrp recovery.
- twrp*.tar ----> fully patched and optimized twrp recovery running latest A2N Kernel to flash with ODIN.
I'm not responsible if you brick your phone by using this Kernel, voiding your warranty, or any other pain or suffering you may feel as result of using this kernel!! - You do it all at your own Risk !!
SAMSUNG for device specific Kernel source
Google for Android patches
Linux upstream for the root Kernel base
Linus Torvalds the creator of Linux kernel
@ All those Developers and users who I forgot to mention (PM me if so)
Thanks @S.AMU for providing FTP-Server
A2N Kernel, Kernel for the Samsung Galaxy S8
Source Code: https://github.com/ace2nutzer/Samsung_dreamlte_Kernel
Kernel Special Features: High Efficiency; High Performance; Powersaving; Lite Kernel; Pre-configured; ready-to-use; Performance Profile
Last Updated 2018-12-17