- Initial XDA release, based on 2nd test 38
- Fixed freezes that was caused to a minority of users on particular roms
- Fast charging fixed to work for everyone
- Potentially improved battery life at the cost of slight overhead
- Fixups and hiccups
- GPU control added in Synapse
- Removed Synapse and OC, mtweaks is good enough
- Based on Test 50
- Oreo release
- Merged N8 March Oreo source
- LED fixed
- WiFi blob detection fixed (still requires a few files due nvram path..)
- Faster booting
- Tweaked for better idle drain and battery life
- Bug fixes caused by N8 merge
- Rebased the kernel by filtering out bad changes for battery life, performance and so on.
- Updated to latest CRD source
- Fixed LED (hopefully definitely)
- Fixed WiFi (works like stock kernel)
- Mount system earlier to boot faster
- Added overclock for cluster1
- Fully Permissive (no longer fake enforcing)
- Removed lots of useless stuff -> faster kernel and less size
- Still CRD7 based with CREF ramdisk (CRED source has worse battery life according to my groups experience)
- More stable LED implementation
- Removed Fsync/CRC toggles because data stability is way more important than this benchmark cheater
- Fixup of R9
- REQUIRES NEW MODIFIED TWRP FIRST
- New fading led approach -> enabled by default and not bugging anymore. You can control it with Mtweaks V2.9
- Quotas enabled, which works thanks to the new TWRP. More info
- Some fixes and optimizations.
- REQUIRES NEW MODIFIED TWRP
- Middle of rebase, not done yet..
- Manually updated to CRF
- Added CRGB support
- More unification work done (fixes Samsung's screw up by delaying probe after booting up, which would result in an unresponsive lockscreen until init occured.
- REQUIRES NEW MODIFIED TWRP
- Merged CRGB source update (seems the R12 fix was short lived)
- Re-added changes I forgot for R12, e.g. Drivedroid support, OC.
- Fixed WiFi-calling as confirmed by @bininga59
- Requires modified TWRP - See post for explaination
- Almost done rebasing
- Fixed bad code using GCC 7.3 (also fixed booting compiled kernel with 7.x/8x toolchains due bad alignment)
- Reduced kernel overhead, improved security (fully disabled debugfs)
- Removed ability to overclock the big clusters
- Added TWRP patcher: During installation it will detect unmodded TWRP and modify it. If it detects a modified TWRP it will skip this step. If you care for MTP in TWRP then you still must flash the TWRP provided in post #644. The only reason I added this script is because many fail to follow instruction (flash modded twrp and kernel/rom).
- CRGH source update
- Re-added GPU sysfs and underclocked to 112Mhz
- Some under the hood optimizations for more stability, better consumption and idle improvements.
- Probably N9 port ready (untested)
- Still rebasing...
- Linaro 7.3 compiled
- Re-added big cluster OC
- Fixed Gear VR & recording call bugs
- Not N9 ready (requires more ramdisk changes + still waiting for a working port)
- Requires modified TWRP (due to proper Oreo support) -> See post 644
- CRI based
- Forgot the rest
- CRK source drop merged
- Improved touch latency
- Updated LZ4 module to 1.8.3
- Other misc improvements; e.g. improved idle consumption, bug fixes, smoothness, snappiness etc.
- Last kernel to support Oreo.
- Properly upstreamed to 4.4.176 with no cpu bugs etc.
- Compiled with GCC 8 and fixed all buffer overflows -> should improve stability but also has an overall positive effect
- Better idle -> Don't take my word for that as I don't know how upstream will affect the change
- Touchscreen backport from Pixel 3 for better touch latency on S8 devices (too bad S8+ uses a different panel)
- Re-added overclock abillity
- Other minor optimizations that positively affect performance and battery life
- Updated to latest DCSB source
- Upstreamed to 4.4.178*
- Sound control mod backported (requires latest Mtweaks)
- Wakegestures backported: Doubletap2wake, sweep2sleep, sweep2wake.**
- Fixed permissive state to work with banking apps (no reboots)
- Fixes on top of fixes and optimizations that will affect performance and idle drain.
* Still indecisive about upstream
** Enabling gestures will kill AOD touch and hard press to wake
- Dropped upstream as I always was convinced it resulting in worse battery life.
- Switched from Zswap to ZRam.
- Added overclock abillity for little cores to 1898Mhz (fixed this possibility)
- Big cluster min clock is set to 858MHz
- Added GPU OC abillity to 572MHz
- Compiled with my custom compiler to target exynos-cortex (big.LITTLE)
- Some other minor optimizations to improve idle and battery life.
• Compiled with custom GCC 9.1.1
• Updated to the latest available source for S8/N8.
• Selinux: now you can switch enforcing by writing "setenforce 0" in a terminal or by using an app like Mtweaks. This can be useful incase your banking app requires an enforced phone (e.g. rebooting)
• Updated moro sound control: fixes unlinked L/R control and resets
• Wake gestures: added a proximity state check so that an enabled wakegesture cannot wakeup the phone when the proximity sensor is active, like during a phone call.
• Other changes to improve performance, reduce kswapd usage and hopefully preserve a bit more battery life.