After months of testing this kernel in the Telegram group the kernel is finally released on XDA.
The kernel aims at providing you a very smooth experience, great idle while maintaining the best of your battery life. Some of my personal results are attached to this post.
- First unified S8/S8+ kernel for F(D)/N variants only: 1 kernel to support both devices (AIK hax, because im lazy and its faster, cleaner and more stable.)
- Based on the latest kernel source and supports N8 ports & S8 stock roms
- Compiled with Google 4.9 Toolchain
- Permissive by default
- Knox 0x0 with Safetynet bypass
- Fading LED control
- Wakelock control
- LZ4 fast compressed
- Idle improved
- Various filesystem tweaks for a smoother experience
- Memory management tweaked for a better battery life
- Extra governors & I/O schedulers added
V1 - Initial XDA release, based on 2nd test 38
- Fixed freezes that was caused to a minority of users on particular roms
- Fast charging fixed to work for everyone
- Potentially improved battery life at the cost of slight overhead
- Fixups and hiccups
- GPU control added in Synapse
- Removed Synapse and OC, mtweaks is good enough
- Based on Test 50
- Oreo release
Main credits to:
- Zafer61 for daily intensive testing (he deserves his retirement)
- Sswagonman for testing various versions for me as well
- Nameless for testing and telling me who to ban lmao
- Mwilky for providing me his latest roms and features + testing the first non-public tests
- AlexisXDA for testing the first non-public tests.
- All my Telegram users for their feedback about bugs etc.
- Osm0sis for AIK
- Frau for moral encouragement and Tkkg1994 for the jokes + providing me with latest stock fimc files to patch them up.
- Moderators for cleaning up the mess in the thread in the future
Nox , Kernel for the Samsung Galaxy S8
Source Code: Source code
Kernel Special Features:
Current Stable Version: R3
Stable Release Date: 2017-12-25
Last Updated 2018-02-15