FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[RECOVERY][OFFICIAL] TWRP for Galaxy S8 and S8+ (Snapdragon)

793 posts
Thanks Meter: 6,005
 
By jesec, Recognized Developer / Contributor on 14th July 2017, 05:15 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
19th July 2017, 04:28 PM |#101  
ChazzMatt's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Atlanta, Georgia
Thanks Meter: 10,109
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xdauser'17

well, im not sure what you guys are talking about, I just followed the guide in #3 and flashed the official twrp tar after reset before welcome screen, and got it working easily. i have a Chinese g9500 not hk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjames2001

It seems like it works flawlessly for G9500, but I get stuck on boot screen on my G9550

People really need to specify not only which model they have, but also whether Hong Kong or mainland China variants.

Most of the issues seem to be with Hong Kong variants but it's not clear whether just the S8+ or also the S8.

Most people outside China who wish for Snapdragon models (U.S. Verizon, Sprint customers) can easily order off eBay from Hong Kong. And they already have Google Play services. So those models are more desirable for U.S. users, if they need Snapdragon chipset.

But they will need assurance this process will work for Hong Kong variants.

So if someone has Hong Kong and they got it to work or not, please specify your model number and that it is Hong Kong or mainland China variant.

Just saying "it works" or it doesn't work" doesn't give enough information.
The Following User Says Thank You to ChazzMatt For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ChazzMatt Ad-Free
 
 
19th July 2017, 05:36 PM |#102  
Member
Thanks Meter: 22
 
More
I would also like to add, for further clarification in addition to Chinese or Hong Kong, if people could specify which size phone they have, ie 128gb/6gb or the 64gb/4gb of the SM-G9550 as there are two flavors of this phone. This will allow us to target those models that work and which don't.
The Following User Says Thank You to hindutool For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift hindutool Ad-Free
19th July 2017, 05:41 PM |#103  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
it doesnt work on sm-g955dzsadcm

docomo Galaxy S8+ SC-03J
hardware board: qcom msm8998 (64-bit)
product code: SM-G955DZSADCM
firmware version: SC03JOMU1AQF2
build fingerprint: samsung/SC-03J/SC-03J:7.0/NRD90M/SC03JOMU1AQF2:user/release-keys
build description: dream2qltedcm-user 7.0 NRD90M SC03JOMU1AQF2 release-keys

I suceeded to flash twrp by odin3. However, it says "Set Warranty Bit : Recovery" more than 10 minutes. It doesn't go twrp main menu.
19th July 2017, 11:12 PM |#104  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 65
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomatolei

下载单独的TWRP CN,然后刷四件套,单独刷TWRP以后再刷MAGISK

四件套是什么?

---------- Post added at 11:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:07 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by hindutool

I would also like to add, for further clarification in addition to Chinese or Hong Kong, if people could specify which size phone they have, ie 128gb/6gb or the 64gb/4gb of the SM-G9550 as there are two flavors of this phone. This will allow us to target those models that work and which don't.

My phone is 128GB and it doesn't work.

---------- Post added at 11:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:10 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChazzMatt

People really need to specify not only which model they have, but also whether Hong Kong or mainland China variants.

Most of the issues seem to be with Hong Kong variants but it's not clear whether just the S8+ or also the S8.

Most people outside China who wish for Snapdragon models (U.S. Verizon, Sprint customers) can easily order off eBay from Hong Kong. And they already have Google Play services. So those models are more desirable for U.S. users, if they need Snapdragon chipset.

But they will need assurance this process will work for Hong Kong variants.

So if someone has Hong Kong and they got it to work or not, please specify your model number and that it is Hong Kong or mainland China variant.

Just saying "it works" or it doesn't work" doesn't give enough information.

My phone is G9550 china version, 128GB. Stuck on boot screen.
The Following User Says Thank You to kjames2001 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kjames2001 Ad-Free
20th July 2017, 01:07 AM |#105  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 65
 
Donate to Me
More
刷哪个版本?AQF7 可以吗?
20th July 2017, 02:17 AM |#106  
tomatolei's Avatar
Member
Flag suzhou
Thanks Meter: 23
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjames2001

刷哪个版本?AQF7 可以吗?

可以 yes!
20th July 2017, 02:24 AM |#107  
Senior Member
New York
Thanks Meter: 145
 
More
G5550 HK version. 128Gb/6Gb
No version of CROM seems to be working.

Sent from my SM-N910U using XDA Free mobile app
20th July 2017, 03:31 AM |#108  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 65
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomatolei

可以 yes!

Your Chinese twrp works, boots into twrp, but after flashing semi stock kernel and Magisk, stuck on boot again.
20th July 2017, 03:42 AM |#109  
yurishouse's Avatar
Junior Member
Flag Kirkland
Thanks Meter: 18
 
More
U.S. still sadily waiting
20th July 2017, 03:47 AM |#110  
tomatolei's Avatar
Member
Flag suzhou
Thanks Meter: 23
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjames2001

Your Chinese twrp works, boots into twrp, but after flashing semi stock kernel and Magisk, stuck on boot again.

Because I added supersu by default, the magisk modification failed,But you can flash twrp without boot.img ,it is s8_G9500_Twrp_CN.tar,download (http://pan.baidu.com/s/1jIxaKho password:9kb1)

Or you can extract the original boot.img copy to the built-in storage,TWRP install images form original boot.img,and flash magisk.zip。
The Following User Says Thank You to tomatolei For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift tomatolei Ad-Free
20th July 2017, 03:56 AM |#111  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 65
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomatolei

Because I added supersu by default, the magisk modification failed,But you can flash twrp without boot.img ,it is s8_G9500_Twrp_CN.tar,download (http://pan.baidu.com/s/1jIxaKho password:9kb1)

Or you can extract the original boot.img copy to the built-in storage,TWRP install images form original boot.img,and flash magisk.zip。

I have done what you said, the system boots, but as soon as I start Magisk manager, the phone reboots.

I see in op that you need a semi stock kernel to enable Magisk. My phone is G9550 Chinese version dual sim.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes