FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[G95XF/FD/N] RENOVATE ICE 15.0 - CRL3 | NIGHTLY - CRJ5 | Android 8.0

6,474 posts
Thanks Meter: 15,519
 
By mwilky, Recognized Developer on 29th April 2017, 02:17 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from mwilky: 15.0 released!
29th October 2019, 12:31 PM |#9321  
Member
Flag Budapest
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Ok, thanks for feedback.
3rd November 2019, 10:23 PM |#9322  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 9
 
More
So i have tested this rom for a week and it seems to work great.

Looks like everything works good but with a weird problem..

When i go into settings and the lock screen and security option it freeze for a few seconds...

And i want to have control over my firewalll and vpn... Tested out safeguard and is great to use. I thought since it says its over vpn connection i had VPN.. But noooooo.... It only use the vpn connection to stop apps and system apps to go online. Oh and i need to control the system apps too... I use protonVPN and it works awesome.. But with safeguard it's worthless..

So anybody have an idea how i can get a good firewall app that kills both apps and systemfiles and also let's me use my protonVPN?

Oh and i have used AFwall for years, but for some reason it wont work correctly on my S8... Weird.
5th November 2019, 11:15 AM |#9323  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 60
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horgyboy

So i have tested this rom for a week and it seems to work great.

Looks like everything works good but with a weird problem..

When i go into settings and the lock screen and security option it freeze for a few seconds...

And i want to have control over my firewalll and vpn... Tested out safeguard and is great to use. I thought since it says its over vpn connection i had VPN.. But noooooo.... It only use the vpn connection to stop apps and system apps to go online. Oh and i need to control the system apps too... I use protonVPN and it works awesome.. But with safeguard it's worthless..

So anybody have an idea how i can get a good firewall app that kills both apps and systemfiles and also let's me use my protonVPN?

Oh and i have used AFwall for years, but for some reason it wont work correctly on my S8... Weird.

lol dude get off this old dead rom
6th November 2019, 05:05 AM |#9324  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 9
 
More
It works like a charm and gives me great battery time. But tips about better roms are welcome. So spill your guts 😆
6th November 2019, 06:33 PM |#9325  
Member
Thanks Meter: 11
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horgyboy

It works like a charm and gives me great battery time. But tips about better roms are welcome. So spill your guts 😆


HadesROM
7th November 2019, 05:59 PM |#9326  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 9
 
More
What is better with the that rom?
13th November 2019, 05:06 PM |#9327  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horgyboy

What is better with the that rom?

Not a lot...
I'm coming back to RENOVATEICE from InfinityROM (9.0 Pie).
If you want to go to pie, Infinity is a great rom with a lot of customisations...

But pie is just not as good as OREO... Lots of instabilities and annoying things in some areas...
What makes me downgrade for example is the shitty changes they made in Pie regarding the volume slider on YouTube. Now you can't change the ringer or any other volumes and you can't even use the touchscreen to change media volume on YouTube...

RenovateICE is simply the best ROM you can install on an S8. Very stable, good battery life, great customisation, well built...
The Following User Says Thank You to HRudy94 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift HRudy94 Ad-Free
15th November 2019, 05:57 PM |#9328  
cool.boy's Avatar
Member
Flag varanasi
Thanks Meter: 32
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRudy94

Not a lot...
I'm coming back to RENOVATEICE from InfinityROM (9.0 Pie).
If you want to go to pie, Infinity is a great rom with a lot of customisations...

But pie is just not as good as OREO... Lots of instabilities and annoying things in some areas...
What makes me downgrade for example is the shitty changes they made in Pie regarding the volume slider on YouTube. Now you can't change the ringer or any other volumes and you can't even use the touchscreen to change media volume on YouTube...

RenovateICE is simply the best ROM you can install on an S8. Very stable, good battery life, great customisation, well built...

I m on pie. Can i flash this rom .
15th November 2019, 06:45 PM |#9329  
Member
Thanks Meter: 11
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horgyboy

What is better with the that rom?

Everything.
https://forum.xda-developers.com/gal...-v1-0-t3890210

You're welcome
15th November 2019, 07:54 PM |#9330  
Member
Thanks Meter: 15
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRudy94

Not a lot...
I'm coming back to RENOVATEICE from InfinityROM (9.0 Pie).
If you want to go to pie, Infinity is a great rom with a lot of customisations...

But pie is just not as good as OREO... Lots of instabilities and annoying things in some areas...
What makes me downgrade for example is the shitty changes they made in Pie regarding the volume slider on YouTube. Now you can't change the ringer or any other volumes and you can't even use the touchscreen to change media volume on YouTube...

RenovateICE is simply the best ROM you can install on an S8. Very stable, good battery life, great customisation, well built...

Try a aosp rom... You might like it! They are definitely not stable like Renovate Ice, but have their own advantages...
17th November 2019, 04:26 PM |#9331  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Camera worst than android 9 official build :///
Waiting for REOVATE ICE 16.0 (android 9 ) :< cause camera work weak . Anybody knows when newer soft income?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes