FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[G95XF/FD/N] RENOVATE ICE 15.0 - CRL3 | NIGHTLY - CRJ5 | Android 8.0

6,492 posts
Thanks Meter: 15,657

By mwilky, Recognized Developer on 29th April 2017, 02:17 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from mwilky: 15.0 released!
19th November 2019, 05:14 PM |#9341  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icemelting

I have been installing ROMs based on SOT in the past. SOT and battery life are highly relative according to the user. I would strongly recommend you to use this ROM for a week or so. Charge it to 100 percent daily in the morning and use it through out the day without charging it. Just average the SOTs for your daily operations over the course of a week. For me the battery life is not that great as I rely on GPS and mobile data a lot. My avg SOT is 3hrs (I just replaced my battery and got a new one, so if you are using an older battery you will definitely get lesser SOT). The greatest perk in battery life in this ROM compared to aosp roms is the drain while idle, I just loose 1-2 percent when the phone is idle over night. You can also read pdfs in aeroplane mode all day long and get a SOT of 8hrs

Thank you for the information.
When I used stock Oreo, my battery usage overnight was 1% or 2% on Wi-fi. I was impressed. Most of time the phone showing 1% loss. My SOT was alwmost everytime 6 hours on wi-fi
But Pie man... I turn off everything except mobile sim ... 3% and barely reach 5 hours SOT on Wi-fi. And just to know, i'm using S8 Plus...

I probably won't try to downgrade from Pie. I don't want to lose Samsung Pass. About warranty, I'm confident that I'm not losing it because of European Directive 1999/44 ( https://eur-lex.europa.eu/LexUriServ...9L0044:en:HTML)

I really like Samsung experience icons, AOD font, battery life, and charging speed, plus deep black themes. But also it looks outdated. I think in Pie charging speed is not so fast as it was on Oreo.
I was really happy samsung owner untill pie which forced me charging my phone every day. I'm sure software procceses make the battery bad. It's not just the battery wear over the years. I noticed the battery drain even after updating to pie. SOT went down in the same usage as it was in Oreo.
20th November 2019, 04:02 AM |#9342  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Any custom camera for this rom
I really need a good camera for this rom, as I like photography very much, suggest me a good one with the firmware....
20th November 2019, 06:36 AM |#9343  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
can i have that 9.0 pie firmware to check. how it runs
can i have that 9.0 pie firmware to check. how it runs for baseband version :SM-G950FXXU5DSH3 and model SM-G950FD
20th November 2019, 09:31 AM |#9344  

More
I decided to downgrade.
Well it worked guys! I downgraded from Pie to this rom (Oreo).
Now I'm wondering rom kernel vs other kernel?
Also wondering does someone tried to downgrade to nougat and what was the results.
21st November 2019, 10:31 AM |#9345  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by varungali

I really need a good camera for this rom, as I like photography very much, suggest me a good one with the firmware....

The quality of the camera is the hardware, not the software.. Learn how to edit photos instead..

If you want to do easy changes try apps like Smart HDR and BigLens
The Following User Says Thank You to Horgyboy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Horgyboy Ad-Free
23rd November 2019, 06:41 PM |#9346  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cool.boy

I m on pie. Can i flash this rom .

You can. Just make a backup, wipe and flash the rom using TWRP.

---------- Post added at 05:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:28 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icemelting

Try a aosp rom... You might like it! They are definitely not stable like Renovate Ice, but have their own advantages...

I know, they are pretty good options like Resurrection Remix, LineageOS or Treble. But i use Samsung features like the iris scanner, edge launcher, bixby button (thx bxactions btw)... If there's a way to use the iris scanner on AOSP i would love to know .

---------- Post added at 05:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:36 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by BossBGM

I decided to downgrade.
Well it worked guys! I downgraded from Pie to this rom (Oreo).
Now I'm wondering rom kernel vs other kernel?
Also wondering does someone tried to downgrade to nougat and what was the results.

Congratulations
I'm not sure... I've been fine with the stock rom kernel but i don't know how the others do.
I haven't tried to downgrade to Nougat but this should be possible.
Why would you want to downgrade to Nougat though? (If it's for Resurrection Remix, it is available on PIE as from recently)
24th November 2019, 11:15 AM |#9347  

More
"Congratulations
I'm not sure... I've been fine with the stock rom kernel but i don't know how the others do.
I haven't tried to downgrade to Nougat but this should be possible.
Why would you want to downgrade to Nougat though? (If it's for Resurrection Remix, it is available on PIE as from recently)"

Because of battery life and nostalgia. I always flash the first software I get when I bought the phone.
I have screenshot where I browsing from Samsung Internet in one hour SOT and 94 or 96% left. That was insane.

Anyway I changed RenovateIce. I faced issues with camera (doesn't working) the i got random force closes of google play.May be because of bootloader version.
I upgraded to HadesRom in the same day.
4th December 2019, 05:24 PM |#9348  
Thanks Meter: 141

More
Problems With AOD
I am not sure what happened or what I did. I had AOD enabled and things seemed fine with it. I added lots of apps and suddenly boots started taking forever to even reach the AOD and then could not get past the AOD most of the time. Shows the flashing SAMSUNG for a long time. Then odd reboots, System UI not responding, etc. What to do?
7th December 2019, 02:33 AM |#9349  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimbaroth

Greetings.

I'm getting a "System UI has stopped" FC every time I boot after updating to r77, making me unable to even reach the homescreen.

I'm gonna try to revert to a previous build and see if that fixes it.

Best regards,

EDIT: Yup, downgrading to r74 worked like a charm.

I have recently install this rom and am now having the same sort of issues of System UI crashing, etc. When you say downgrading to r74, what are you doing specifically? Sorry for this newbie question. Thanks
7th December 2019, 05:00 PM |#9350  

More
I had problems with some force closes and I moved to Hades (you can check on this page my post)
I've tried again renovate ice after factory reset, format data and etc (this means fully wipe). I didn't have any problem like before. So rom worked well for me ( Went back to hades again).
7th December 2019, 07:08 PM |#9351  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BossBGM

I had problems with some force closes and I moved to Hades (you can check on this page my post)
I've tried again renovate ice after factory reset, format data and etc (this means fully wipe). I didn't have any problem like before. So rom worked well for me ( Went back to hades again).

Hi and thanks for your comments. I actually came to this ROM from Hades. Not because of Hades, per se. But because I wasn't keen on Android Pie (although I wanted to be). I am still trying to figure out want is happening. But like you I may end up going back to Hades. Cheers
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)