[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][dreamlte/dream2lte][[SM-G950F/SM-G955F][9] LineageOS 16.0

Search This thread

elderwolf123

Jul 23, 2017
Nothing Phone 1
newest build isnt working on SM-G950F, I have reinstalled stock and tried to see if that would fix things but no luck, every time it starts loading and right about when it should load in it instead reboots the phone and goes into TWRP

cepardov

Oct 9, 2017
Santiago
Version 20191102 work fine in G950F

Version: 16.0-20191102-UNOFFICIAL-dreamlte
Base Band: G950FXXU5DSH3
Kernel: dafault provide from rom.
Bootloader: G950FXXU3CRGH

Issues: LiveDisplay randomly not working after screen off to on

atti_simon

Feb 13, 2013
but its for S8+ not S8 :(

I'm not sure if we are looking at the same page. The "Bootloaders and Modems" link takes you to a github page, last article on that page has a list of downloadable files. There are multiple versions for 3 phones, the first few characters of the filename being the key:
- G950 for Galaxy S8
- G955 for Galaxy S8+
- N950 for Note 8

https://github.com/corsicanu/8895-bootloaders_and_modems/releases/tag/v20191022194228

You can choose a version for TWRP or for Odin.
I have used TWRP for my phone.

Good luck!

Reactions: mrroks

Master-y0da

Oct 29, 2019
London
newest build isnt working on SM-G950F, I have reinstalled stock and tried to see if that would fix things but no luck, every time it starts loading and right about when it should load in it instead reboots the phone and goes into TWRP

It works fine on my g950f i would suggest do a full backup then do a full wipe and it should work without any issue.

jofan

Apr 7, 2019
Kalmar

I installed the latest build two days ago and it still works just fine.

What TWRP version are you using? You should be on 3.3.1.1.
https://twrp.me/devices/samsunggalaxys8.html

You says 'newest', have you managed to run previous builds on your phone?

elderwolf123

Jul 23, 2017
Nothing Phone 1
I'm running the newest TWRP, have done a full wipe, have tried installing stock and installing over, I have only tried the newest build and every time I try it fails, my phone model is SM-G950F. I have tried only installing lineage and install gaps later but nothing works for me

jofan

Apr 7, 2019
Kalmar

Master-y0da

Oct 29, 2019
London
Originally Posted by elderwolf123
I'm running the newest TWRP, have done a full wipe, have tried installing stock and installing over, I have only tried the newest build and every time I try it fails, my phone model is SM-G950F. I have tried only installing lineage and install gaps later but nothing works for me
did you format data?
Format-Data-TWRP.png

Does anyone know why selinux is not enforcing?

Last edited:

jofan

Apr 7, 2019
Kalmar
Yes I remember to install dm-verity opt encrypt

Great! Could you do a few things for us please:

In TWRP enter settings, change a few things (like 24h clock and disable vibration) and then go back to 'Reboot' and reboot to Recovery just to see if you get to keep your settings (my phone would not keep my settings until I got dm-verity to work correctly).

In TWRP enter Mount and please tell us what partitions are selected to mount (my phone shows Cache, Data and Micro SD card).

Could you please give us the names of the files you are using:
TWRP
dm-verity
LineageOS
OpenGApps (The S8 use ARM64. I always choose Pico. Anything after that you can get from PlayStore)

(are you planning on using Magisk? https://xdaforums.com/apps/magisk/official-magisk-v7-universal-systemless-t3473445 )

Final note: I always use 'Add more zip' when installing a new build /system. And always the order Lineage - OpenGApps - Magisk and 'boot when finished'

---------- Post added at 09:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:40 AM ----------

Does anyone know why selinux is not enforcing?

Maybe it's by choice? First page reads 'Status: Alpha'

palmbeach05

Oct 12, 2012
Motorola Atrix HD
AT&T Samsung Galaxy S III
tried it.. didn't worked. may be the possible reasons are:
prompt saying "SELenux not enforcing"
magisk doesnot pass safetynet test
playstore settings say "device is not verified" (playprotect)

hope it will be fixed soon

Yet there are fixes to that, xda covered how to fix play store verification months ago, and a magiak module exists to assist with the cts.

kumar_ptx

Aug 29, 2016
kolkata
Mobile data not working for playstore fix (airtel india)

THESE ARE THE STEPS I FOLLOWED

1. Magisk Hide the following apps from the screenshot given
2. Download "Device ID" from play store. (i've added the apk in this post too. u can use it if u want to)
3. Copy "Google Service Framework (GSF)" code
4. go to this website and type the GSF code and register

https://www.google.com/android/uncertified/

Note:You can do it from ur phone or pc, it doesnt matter. this should be done after you are in lineage os. also you have to repeat the step again if you re flash the rom or format ur device i guess. because the code keeps changing for everytime you flash Gapps.

5. So i was searching for settings and this is what i came across
Name: Airtel Internet
APN: airtelgprs.com
Proxy: 202.56.231.117
Port: 8080
Username: Not Required
Password: Not Required
Server: Not Required
MMSC: not required
MMS proxy: not required
MMS port: 80
MCC: not required
MNC: not required
Authentication type: Not Required
It worked but was very slow and not usable at all for me. Check this first, if it works then u are good to go. If it doesn't then keep reading.

then i just went to my default airtel internet settings and changed APN protocol & APN Roaming protocol to IPV4 (previously it was IPV6/IPV4 for both).
And then playstore started working normally.
here are some screenshots, just cross check other settings like 'data roaming' and other values of airtel internet settings with the ss provided. i hope it will help.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    132.1 KB · Views: 441
  • 2.png
    2.png
    118.9 KB · Views: 443
  • 3.png
    3.png
    130.9 KB · Views: 421
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    234.6 KB · Views: 407
  • magisk.jpg
    magisk.jpg
    240.5 KB · Views: 433

palmbeach05

Oct 12, 2012
Motorola Atrix HD
AT&T Samsung Galaxy S III

2. Download "Device ID" from play store. (i've added the apk in this post too. u can use it if u want to)

Note:You can do it from ur phone or pc, it doesnt matter. this should be done after you are in lineage os. also you have to repeat the step again if you re flash the rom or format ur device i guess. because the code keeps changing for everytime you flash Gapps.

It worked but was very slow and not usable at all for me. Check this first, if it works then u are good to go. If it doesn't then keep reading.

then i just went to my default airtel internet settings and changed APN protocol & APN Roaming protocol to IPV4 (previously it was IPV6/IPV4 for both).
here are some screenshots, just cross check other settings like 'data roaming' and other values of airtel internet settings with the ss provided. i hope it will help.

Sorry, just woke up. Yes thats the playstore fix side of things. The other part was using the magiskhide prop config module to change the rom build fingerprint. I've used both the j5 2015 and 2016 on my 2015, and its working

gro0vr

Apr 8, 2012
Soooooo much BEEEEF!!

Could it be running slowly because you added a proxy in the APN? Have you tried running it without the proxy, or using the default APN that Airtel gives?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 9 (Pie), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

What doesn't work :

Instructions :
    • Download the latest build and gapps
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Flash the latest build and gapps
    • Reboot

Downloads :

Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log

Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
     restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][UNOFFICIAL][dreamlte/dream2lte][[SM-G950F/SM-G955F][9] LineageOS 16.0, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S8

Contributors
    Stricted, Ivan_Meler, Vaughnn
    Source Code: https://github.com/exynos8895

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information

Created 2019-02-13
    Last Updated 2019-11-02
    Here is a little teaser of thats comming, There is no serious regression so far from what we can tell (Camera needs to be fixed again tho but not that big of a deal as i had to deal with that on s7 too)

SalupTl.png
    new build is up, synced with los source and updated security patch level, this build also has a working mobicore, and fingerprint sensor
    gatekeeper and keystore are also working now, a lot of other bsp side stuff has been updated, Button backlight has been removed from settings, Bixby button can be remaped from settings again, There are a lot more under the hood changes but next build will have even more of them (Including working HWC) Moreover next build will also move to pie kernel and mali gpu drivers, Any donations to stricted or/and me are wlecome as they help us with build server cost and maintanance anyway enjoy the build and prepare for big updates soon

Also note8 builds with working fp are coming a bit later as im waiting for someone to test them
    there seems to be a reason as to why they are using older gpu drivers as i just compiled the kernel with gpu drivers from latest stock kernel it booted fine and even displayed 1 frame of lock screen but than went black although i could still double tap power to open camera than use volume keys to take pic and it would make a sound so the phone was still on for sure EDIT: link to the kernel if anyone wants https://drive.google.com/open?id=1zuaQIEGfF_AR4xorB8bE2q_q47upWtR0

Looks to me like you are using same old driver r3p0 so please stop sharing misinformation (There are multiple parts to mali userspace and kernel you didnt update either and even if you updated kernel alone it wouldnt work as you didnt update userspace, if anyone wants to confirm this is same old r3p0 driver just run strings on file and grep for r3p0)

As a quick progress update i got a device few days ago (big thanks to @marshedpotato) i already started working on a big update (Fingerprint, updated graphics drivers possibly hwc too which i just fixed few days ago on galaxy s7 making it first exynos device to have it working on pie aosp) this will be quite a big update so please dont ask for etas (Ill also probably replace back glass and display since it has missing chunk haha) in the other news while playing with the device i managed to activate IR led used for iris scanning and i could possibly reuse it for face unlock if thats anything people would like to see
    Expect release of pie on monday, I still want to look into issues with how macloader handles murata chips on stock compared to our implementation but coming from 15.1 there is no regression at all