FORUMS

[APP] Custom Bixby Button - Compatible with T-Mobile/Sprint update.

309 posts
Thanks Meter: 220

Post Reply Email Thread
A better way to interact with your phone - Samsung Galaxy S8 (with T-Mobile/Sprint patch).
This app requires a Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+ and will not work on any other device. Custom Bixby Button works with the T-Mobile/Sprint June security patch.
Custom Bixby Button teaches Bixby a lesson.

Custom Bixby Button makes your phone more helpful – assisting in completing tasks with for example Google Assistant, you are telling your S8 what it should be looking at.
Just push the Custom Bixby Button.

Custom Bixby Button understands more
With Custom Bixby Button, getting things done has never been so full of choices.
Custom Bixby Button interacts with your phone’s apps and shortcuts.
Plus, you can talk with Google Assistant because Custom Bixby Button understands you better.
  • Back
  • Home
  • Recent apps
  • Sleep (Root)
  • Power button menu
  • Scroll down (Root)
  • Scroll up (Root)
  • Open notifications panel
  • Open quick settings
  • Play/pause song
  • Next song
  • Previous song
  • Toggle auto-rotate
  • Torch
  • Do not disturb
  • Toggle ringer mode
  • App
  • App shortcut
  • Search
  • Screenshot (Root)
  • Voice assistant (e.g. Google Assistant)
  • Toggle split screen
  • Switch to last app
  • Dialer

Download
Custom Bixby Button can be downloaded from XDA Labs or Google Play.

Permissions
  • Bind Accessibility Service: This permission is required for the Accessibility Service. This is required to listen when the Bixby application comes to the foreground and to execute some actions. This app will not do anything without an enabled Accessibility Service. Please disable any other Bixby button applications' Accessibility Services before using Custom Bixby Button.
  • Do not disturb: This permission is required to change the ringer mode. This is an optional permission and the app will ask for it when required.

Notes
  • Custom Bixby Button was developed to work with the April update. It requires no root.
  • If Bixby button doesn't open when you press the button, press the button very quickly. This is probably an issue in the firmware and is not related to Custom Bixby Button.
  • Remember to disable other Bixby button apps before using Custom Bixby Button
  • This app uses an Accessibility Service to detect when the Bixby app comes to the foreground. This method should not have lag when you scroll because the service is limited to the Bixby app only. If you still have lag it is probably caused by another Accessibility Service.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Feature graphic.jpg
Views:	3230
Size:	32.4 KB
ID:	4123257   Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot 1.png
Views:	3772
Size:	98.4 KB
ID:	4123258   Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot 2.png
Views:	3700
Size:	138.7 KB
ID:	4123259   Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot 3.png
Views:	3576
Size:	139.3 KB
ID:	4123260   Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot 4.png
Views:	3178
Size:	127.6 KB
ID:	4123261   Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot 5.png
Views:	3048
Size:	252.3 KB
ID:	4123263  
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to SuperThomasLab For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SuperThomasLab Ad-Free
23rd April 2017, 12:16 PM |#3  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 1,178

More
Expanded desktop would be nice.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to suzook For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift suzook Ad-Free
23rd April 2017, 12:51 PM |#4  
Flag Canton Ohio
Thanks Meter: 44

More
App seems to work great. Thank you. My only complaint is that it forces you to disable secure startup if you are using it. I would prefer to use secure startup but I'm willing to give it up to remap the Bixby button.
The Following User Says Thank You to skiddingus For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift skiddingus Ad-Free
23rd April 2017, 01:08 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Just tried, it does work but on my phone I see Bixby starting and then after half a second it moves to the selected command from the app. Still better than Bixby

Thanks op!
The Following User Says Thank You to zdeev For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift zdeev Ad-Free
23rd April 2017, 03:19 PM |#6  
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzook

Expanded desktop would be nice.

On the wish list. I'll look into it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiddingus

App seems to work great. Thank you. My only complaint is that it forces you to disable secure startup if you are using it. I would prefer to use secure startup but I'm willing to give it up to remap the Bixby button.

You can re-enable secure startup again after you enabled the Accessibility Service. I'll put this in the help section in a future update.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zdeev

Just tried, it does work but on my phone I see Bixby starting and then after half a second it moves to the selected command from the app. Still better than Bixby

Thanks op!

Thank you!
23rd April 2017, 03:29 PM |#7  
Atlanta
Thanks Meter: 431

More
I'm posting this to all of the Bixby remappers

These are the packages you can disable and still run this app. At minimum it needs Bixby and Hello Bixby enabled.
com.samsung.android.bixby.agent
com.samsung.android.app.spage

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Syn Ack For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Syn Ack Ad-Free
23rd April 2017, 03:32 PM |#8  
Flag Canton Ohio
Thanks Meter: 44

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperThomasLab

On the wish list. I'll look into it.

You can re-enable secure startup again after you enabled the Accessibility Service. I'll put this in the help section in a future update.

Thank you!

It says that custom Bixby will be turned off when I try to reenable secure startup.
23rd April 2017, 03:57 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
It only works if I don't disable bixby. So bixby pops up first then voice assistant. Tmobile s8 with april update.

Sent from my S8
23rd April 2017, 04:56 PM |#10  
Quote:
Originally Posted by skiddingus

It says that custom Bixby will be turned off when I try to reenable secure startup.

Yes, Custom Bixby Button will not work until you enter your pin/password. Just ignore the dialogue, it will work after you enter your pin/password to decrypt.
23rd April 2017, 04:57 PM |#11  
Quote:
Originally Posted by chumpysv

It only works if I don't disable bixby. So bixby pops up first then voice assistant. Tmobile s8 with april update.

What do you mean with "disable bixby"?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android, bixby, galaxy s8, galaxy s8+, samsung

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)