FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Magisk] [Exynos] Samsung 4k60 Camera Mod | UHD @ 60 FPS | HEVC | 6400 ISO | More

85 posts
Thanks Meter: 170
 
By Cvolton, Member on 28th December 2018, 10:16 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
4k60 Camera Mod Logo
Enable UHD @ 60 FPS, QHD @ 120 FPS, HEVC, up to 6400 ISO and more on Exynos based Samsung devices
Telegram Group | Telegram Channel (update announcements etc.) | GitHub
Now compatible with Pie!

Features
  • UHD @ 60 FPS, QHD @ 120 FPS and more custom resolutions
  • Change audio bitrate, video encoder (enable HEVC), video bitrate
  • Front facing camera Pro Mode
  • Unlock Pro mode for Slow Motion resolutions
  • Unlock Auto mode for front camera - Disable post-processing
  • Custom ISO values in Pro mode (up to 6400)
  • Custom long exposure Shutter Speed values (up to 90 seconds)
  • Unlock Shutter Speeds slower than 1/30 for recording
  • Change ISO while recording
  • Enable HDR in UHD resolutions
  • Remove Low Battery Flash Limit at 15%.
  • Change Quick Launch Key from Home to Power in the settings and vice-versa

How to install
  1. Open Magisk Manager
  2. Slide from left to reveal the sidebar
  3. Go to Downloads
  4. Type in Samsung 4k60 Camera Mod
  5. Install the one made by Cvolton (me)

Compatibility
  • Magisk 18+
  • Samsung Experience / OneUI based ROM required
  • Officially supported devices:
    • Full support
      • Samsung Galaxy S7 (Edge)
      • Samsung Galaxy S8(+)
      • Samsung Galaxy Note 8
  • Not supported at all (mod doesn't work):
    • Samsung Galaxy S9
    • Samsung Galaxy Note 9
  • All devices with different sensor resolution than 4032x3024 require a manual modification of /system/cameradata/camera-features-v7.xml at the moment

Other helpful tips
To get higher quality videos you can optionally:
  • Switch MOD SETTINGSVideo encoder from H.264 to H.265 (at expense of compatibility, i.e. older phones won't play these, Telegram won't let you compress them)
  • Increase MOD SETTINGSVideo bitrate (causes videos to occupy more storage space)

Special thanks to
  • @M132 for spending nights with me reverse engineering the APK and libraries
The Following 33 Users Say Thank You to Cvolton For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Cvolton Ad-Free
28th December 2018, 10:21 AM |#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,422
 
Donate to Me
More
I don't mind that you have improved the camera mod in a lot of ways. Kudos it certainly takes a lot of time. It appears to be a much much more efficient way of doing it.

I know that you have referenced mine in many ways, I am just disappointed you never credited.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to zeroprobe For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift zeroprobe Ad-Free
28th December 2018, 08:01 PM |#3  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
Installed this camera mod on my rooted S7 G930F. Found only one problem: video record does not work correctly.

After recording is finished, playing the video is not possible. It will only show 1 or maybe 2 seconds of the video and then stops. But the recorded sound continues playing (like the screen is frozen, but the sound continues). Tried different video players, but that's not the problem. Also tried every possible video setting and even cleaned data/cache from the Camera app and also from ShootingModeProvider.

After this I uninstalled the mod and tried flashing it by TWRP. Still the same problem... any suggestions?
28th December 2018, 08:56 PM |#4  
OP Member
Flag Prague
Thanks Meter: 170
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_4_i

Installed this camera mod on my rooted S7 G930F. Found only one problem: video record does not work correctly.

After recording is finished, playing the video is not possible. It will only show 1 or maybe 2 seconds of the video and then stops. But the recorded sound continues playing (like the screen is frozen, but the sound continues). Tried different video players, but that's not the problem. Also tried every possible video setting and even cleaned data/cache from the Camera app and also from ShootingModeProvider.

After this I uninstalled the mod and tried flashing it by TWRP. Still the same problem... any suggestions?

Are you using the UHFR modes? There's a bug preventing the videos from working in the slow motion editor atm, it'll be fixed in a future update. Non-UHFR modes (60 FPS and below) should be fine. You can also disable saving as slow motion in the settings
28th December 2018, 09:56 PM |#5  
OP Member
Flag Prague
Thanks Meter: 170
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroprobe

I don't mind that you have improved the camera mod in a lot of ways. Kudos it certainly takes a lot of time. It appears to be a much much more efficient way of doing it.

I know that you have referenced mine in many ways, I am just disappointed you never credited.

I started to work on this mod because I got disappointed by your one lacking such simple features as 2160p60 and 1080p240 support, so while your camera mod has indirectly affected the existence of this one, most of the work has been redone from scratch.

The only things I've taken from your mod here are mode and feature lists of camera-features-v7.xml. The APKs and libraries are directly based on stock ones (taken from official S7, S8 and Note8 ROMs), with me and @M132 spending nights to publicly reverse engineer them (see the linked Telegram group). Any similarities between the mods are coincidences, most likely because people think alike when it comes to resolving simple problems.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Cvolton For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Cvolton Ad-Free
29th December 2018, 09:21 AM |#6  
Mangtas_666's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 137
 
More
Any updates on this mod?

Sent from my [device_name] using XDA-Developers Legacy app
29th December 2018, 11:41 AM |#7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Does this work on S9 Ported cameras?
29th December 2018, 01:51 PM |#8  
OP Member
Flag Prague
Thanks Meter: 170
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chalslit

Does this work on S9 Ported cameras?

The module completely replaces the camera with a version taken from the latest S7 ROM (identical with latest S8 one), so it'll just replace the "S9 Port" with a stock-like camera
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cvolton For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Cvolton Ad-Free
29th December 2018, 10:41 PM |#9  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 14
 
More
This guy..

This guy deserves the best developer title for s8 this year.

Thank you and again thank you for your hardwork and making our s8' camera awasome and reach their full potential.

I am not even finished yet ! What an amazing and great mod ! I have never seen such an implemted mod before, so extensive and so many options !

I wish you a very happy and successful year mate.

Thank you so much again !
The Following User Says Thank You to bartolomeo10 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bartolomeo10 Ad-Free
30th December 2018, 11:52 AM |#10  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cvolton

Are you using the UHFR modes? There's a bug preventing the videos from working in the slow motion editor atm, it'll be fixed in a future update. Non-UHFR modes (60 FPS and below) should be fine. You can also disable saving as slow motion in the settings

On my rooted S7 G930F:

All UHD modes: smooth video (no problems)
All QHD modes: frozen screen
All FHD modes: frozen screen
HD 30 FPS: shocking video (like it is very low FPS)
HD 240 FPS: smooth video, but you see a lot of pixels/dots (like it is very low quality)
2nd January 2019, 11:45 PM |#11  
OP Member
Flag Prague
Thanks Meter: 170
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_4_i

On my rooted S7 G930F:

All UHD modes: smooth video (no problems)
All QHD modes: frozen screen
All FHD modes: frozen screen
HD 30 FPS: shocking video (like it is very low FPS)
HD 240 FPS: smooth video, but you see a lot of pixels/dots (like it is very low quality)

The UHFR (>60FPS) modes will always be low quality, that's a limitation of the sensor. The other issues are weird though. Can you provide a logcat when trying to record with one of the modes with frozen screen?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cvolton For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Cvolton Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes