FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Clear cases mil-grade protection - are those really protective?

5 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By BuPL, Junior Member on 13th June 2018, 09:22 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
I want to purchase a clear case but they do not look really protective even though most manufacters claim they have mil-grade protection. I mean, Spigen claims that its ultra hybrid clear case has as much protection as their tough armor - it surely doesnt look like it's real at all. Tech21 and Speck even claim that their clear cases protect from drops up to 8 or 10-feet, which is insane. Sadly there arent much drop tests avaliable on YouTube so I dont know. I've seen some people complaining that these "10-feet protection" clear cases didnt protect a few cellphones from small drops, like a drop from the pocket. What do you all think?

13th June 2018, 05:31 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 1,108

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuPL

I want to purchase a clear case but they do not look really protective even though most manufacters claim they have mil-grade protection. I mean, Spigen claims that its ultra hybrid clear case has as much protection as their tough armor - it surely doesnt look like it's real at all. Tech21 and Speck even claim that their clear cases protect from drops up to 8 or 10-feet, which is insane. Sadly there arent much drop tests avaliable on YouTube so I dont know. I've seen some people complaining that these "10-feet protection" clear cases didnt protect a few cellphones from small drops, like a drop from the pocket. What do you all think?

I currently have the OtterBox Pursuit series with the clear back case coming to my house and should have it in hand in a few days. I don't think they use any sort of "Mil-grade" rating but it looks promising with more protection than the Defender series and not as bulky.
14th June 2018, 05:52 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 35

More
I used to drop my S9+ covered in Samsung MIL-STD810 kickstand case from 7 ft. height with no such a visible damage. I notice not much different physical appearance between my S9+ MIL case and my S8+ Spigen Ultra Hybrid S case (in term of bulkiness). It assume it should offer more or less similar protection.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)