FORUMS

Can I use "regular" USB-C -> HDMI cable instead of DEXpad? Which one?

12 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By miksa, Junior Member on 4th April 2018, 10:20 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi guys, is there a way to mirror the phone's screen to other display (let it be a monitor or TV) using USB-C->HDMI cable? Does it matter what cable to buy? Can you recommend one? Are there any caveats to this? Do I need to set the phone somehow or install some app?

Thanks a lot
4th April 2018, 04:27 PM |#2  
Flag Tysons
Thanks Meter: 46

Donate to Me
More
It will just work from my experience...
I've also bought this thing: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It works as dex station if connected to power supply and as hdmi if not.
The only bug for this is that it slowly discharges your phone even if it's connected to power...
The Following User Says Thank You to Elastep For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Elastep Ad-Free
20th November 2019, 11:55 AM |#3  
Sydney
Thanks Meter: 1

More
it works, you don't need a Dex pad anymore.
21st November 2019, 08:41 AM |#4  
Flag clearwater
Thanks Meter: 62

More
I believe any usb c to HDMI will work, but I would recommend using a wireless charger with it.

Probably better off just getting the dex station cause either way you go it would be the same amount of money cause I wouldn't recommend going cheap
1st December 2019, 11:33 PM |#5  
Flag Gurabo
Thanks Meter: 13

More
I know it's ridiculous to ask; but would a NIntendo Switch Dock actually work? Considering it's similar, and the board can be taken to a Very small case, essentially, a mini dock
28th December 2019, 09:15 AM |#6  
Flag Oran
Thanks Meter: 44

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by miksa

Hi guys, is there a way to mirror the phone's screen to other display (let it be a monitor or TV) using USB-C->HDMI cable? Does it matter what cable to buy? Can you recommend one? Are there any caveats to this? Do I need to set the phone somehow or install some app?

Thanks a lot

In Android Q beta, you can get DEX by using your regular USB cable with the PC
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)