FORUMS

S9+ case that doesn't cover the edge

2 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By Floyd4thPigs, Junior Member on 2nd May 2018, 08:48 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello,

I am looking for a cover, and i checked every thread here and didn't see anyone talking about that :
A cover that fit well without covering the edge of the S9+ and not disturbing the usage of the edge functionalities (like the edge panel).

The only cover i saw that seem to do that is the Pitaka MagCase
But 50$ for a cover is just insane.

Thanks in advance for your help.
2nd May 2018, 01:40 PM |#2  
Flag Abingdon
Thanks Meter: 53

More
Spigen Rugged Armor, I have this case. It covers the entire back, and has a nice recess for the finger print sensor so you can find it without looking. It covers the side buttons and has a textured one for the bixby button. Possibly to help you avoid it? I dont know lol

I doesnt cover the sides of the screen at all and the edge display works without problem. At the top and the bottom it does protrude a little, so as to lift the display up if it is face down etc, but how well that actually helps I don't know. Very good case though.

Cost me £8.99 on Amazon.co.uk
2nd May 2018, 02:49 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by silegeek

Spigen Rugged Armor, I have this case. It covers the entire back, and has a nice recess for the finger print sensor so you can find it without looking. It covers the side buttons and has a textured one for the bixby button. Possibly to help you avoid it? I dont know lol

I doesnt cover the sides of the screen at all and the edge display works without problem. At the top and the bottom it does protrude a little, so as to lift the display up if it is face down etc, but how well that actually helps I don't know. Very good case though.

Cost me £8.99 on Amazon.co.uk

Thanks for your very helpful answer, i'll order this one !
2nd May 2018, 03:49 PM |#4  
Flag Abingdon
Thanks Meter: 53

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floyd4thPigs

Thanks for your very helpful answer, i'll order this one !

There is a thread about cases people have, it might also be worth looking in there. My old phone has the same style (rugged armor) case for it and has been great, so I went with that this time.
2nd May 2018, 07:50 PM |#5  

More
I just bought the I baiason case off amazon.. covers front and back and covers for the buttons and headphone and power.. just got it yesterday and isnt bulky at all and I only spent 20 on mine..
3rd May 2018, 02:29 AM |#6  
Flag Washington, IL
Thanks Meter: 184

More
I run an OtterBox defender, and have full access to the edge, and use the edge panel often...
4th May 2018, 09:10 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 1,145

More
Every single case I've tried lets the edge functions work just fine, for me. My reviews here:

https://forum.xda-developers.com/gal...views-t3763881
The Following User Says Thank You to meyerweb For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift meyerweb Ad-Free
24th February 2020, 09:22 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
I bought an incipio. Very good. Leaves plenty of edge space, Dual layer, but thin. Ive had this phone for a year and a half, and I even bought a backup case, just in case, lol no pun, but no, i haven't had to and ive dropped my poor phone more than thrice. I do have gorilla 6 glass protection though. Not one dang scratch.
24th February 2020, 09:49 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
This is the one i use. 3/8ths edge.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20200224_034540.png
Views:	56
Size:	26.3 KB
ID:	4957493  
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)