FORUMS

S9+ DeX Station and WQHD (2560x1440)

3 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By reaper86111, Junior Member on 30th March 2018, 12:50 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
HI,
I've a samsung s9+ with original Dex station (not dex pad).
In resolution chooser i've only automatic, FHD and HD+ selectable. WQHD (2560x1440) is in gray and non selectable. I've tried both my monitor 2k and tv 4k. Max is 1080p.
It's normal?
In one s8 tread someone with the oreo update can switch 2k with this station.
31st March 2018, 02:32 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by reaper86111

HI,
In resolution chooser i've only automatic, FHD and HD+ selectable. WQHD (2560x1440) is in gray and non selectable. I've tried both my monitor 2k and tv 4k. Max is 1080p.
It's normal?

It may be power saving mode. Confirm it is not enabled.
31st March 2018, 10:45 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xdatester11

It may be power saving mode. Confirm it is not enabled.

isn't enabled. in max power mode and WQHD+ enabled, same thing.
it's possible the DEX STATION (1st model) only support 1080p? Anyone use it with 1440p?
1st April 2018, 12:12 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 145

More
Quote:

isn't enabled. in max power mode and WQHD+ enabled, same thing.
it's possible the DEX STATION (1st model) only support 1080p? Anyone use it with 1440p?

Original Dex supports only full hd, DESPITE Samsung claim for 4k. As far as I know neighter dex stations support 4k
2nd April 2018, 10:56 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:

HI,
It's normal?

Same problem with me. I have the original Dex station and I plug it into my 4K TV and 1440p is grayed out. Really disappointed as that was one of the features I was mostly looking forward to

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
23rd April 2018, 06:57 PM |#6  
Flag Vancouver
Thanks Meter: 3

More
There has been only one 1440p desktop screenshot on Google's image search with a Samsung Galaxy S9+ and Samsung DEX pad. It's also in German. I don't think the Galaxy S9 series with the DEX pad can do 4K or 2160p.
19th July 2018, 03:38 AM |#7  
Flag Fort Worth
Thanks Meter: 28

More
S9+ Dex pad all cables from samsung option greyed out on Sony 4k tv , WTF! SAMSUNG , XDA help lol !!!!!!

---------- Post added at 08:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:09 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by bled82

S9+ Dex pad all cables from samsung option greyed out on Sony 4k tv , WTF! SAMSUNG , XDA help lol !!!!!!

Ok so I changed inputs on my sony XBR-43x800e from 3 to 2 and it enable the WQHD, which is strange since both are 4k ports per sony , Iswapped them back and forth again and now neither will go 4k for the Dex pad but both are for the xbox x . So just bad programming on samsungs part it would seem .
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bled82 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bled82 Ad-Free
5th September 2018, 06:10 PM |#8  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bled82

---------- Post added at 08:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:09 PM ----------

Ok so I changed inputs on my sony XBR-43x800e from 3 to 2 and it enable the WQHD, which is strange since both are 4k ports per sony , Iswapped them back and forth again and now neither will go 4k for the Dex pad but both are for the xbox x . So just bad programming on samsungs part it would seem .

Is it still working for you to get wqhd on the dex? I bought the note 9 to use it with dex, but the option for wqhd is not available?? it is grayed out.
16th September 2018, 12:34 AM |#9  
Flag Melbourne

More
Sadly, I'm led to believe that the WQHD mode is limited to certain TV sets and limited supported refresh rates at WQHD resolution.
Most youtube video reviews of the dexpad show it greyed out. The only time I saw it work was on a youtube vid where it was connected to a samsung branded 4k TV. (And then the author of the video plugged it into a streaming capture device where the resolution went back down to 1080p)
I've got a Dell P2715Q 4K screen and in Dex mode its never done 4k, nor WQHD.
Except, if you get out of dex mode, and put it into screen mirroring mode - 4k does work. I can verify by opening the Menu on the Dell - the resolution and refresh rate is written in the corner is 4k 60hz. But in Dex mode I only get 1080p
18th September 2018, 10:30 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 21

More
Same problem here
I got a galaxy S9+ with latest update (oreo), 4k samsung tv (2018) and the 4k option is gray out. WTF Samsung
18th September 2018, 07:36 PM |#11  

More
I had the issue with third party adapters, the wqhd is greyed out, but i got the dexpad and the wqhd showed up. I used same monitor and cables.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)