FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

WARNING!!! Samsung Galaxy S9+/S9 Clear View case scratches screens.

143 posts
Thanks Meter: 60

By galijanach, Senior Member on 10th June 2018, 11:41 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Good day to all S9+ (and S9 for that matter) owners.

3 years ago i posted on this forum about how the Samsung S6 Clear view case causes the screen to scratch very easily. Link: https://forum.xda-developers.com/gal...creen-t3107467

I have now purchased a Samsung S9+ with the latest Clear View case and guess what? Same thing. After 1 day of fitting it, my screen is scratched. Luckily, based on my previous experience with this type of case, i was more aware of potential damage to the screen and kept on monitoring it until the first scratch and tiny hole appeared on my screen. I really had high hopes that Samsung learned from their mistake and manufactured a better case with different materials, which by the looks of it, it does look like it was made using different materials, however, Samsung failed to really put these cases through normal usage tests before releasing them to the public.

Anyone else noticed this?

11th June 2018, 06:53 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Using it for last couple of months and find no issue whtsoever .. No scratches or anything ..
The Following User Says Thank You to hitman1980 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift hitman1980 Ad-Free
11th June 2018, 08:49 PM |#3  
Flag North East, MD
Thanks Meter: 885

Donate to Me
More
All it takes is one piece of something abrasive to get stuck between the cover and the screen to scratch it.. I'd use a screen protector with a case like that.

My friend put one on his S8+, screen is scratched too, I'd guess something got in there while it was in his pocket.
The Following User Says Thank You to mjones73 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mjones73 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
clear view, s9+, scratches, screen

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)