FORUMS

Auto-Rotate button in OneUI Is being a pain.

11 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By Cyan101, Junior Member on 20th January 2019, 02:14 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
https://img.xda-cdn.com/_LmoL7RE33fJ6GVqy1-FYJD6hhQ=/https%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FVR3JA1Y.jpg

So this little button in the image above shows up when you have auto-rotate off and are holding your phone in landscape while its in portrait or vice-versa.
My main issue with this is it constantly pops up over my Enter key and other buttons in applications, mostly while I lay in bed on my side texting.

Contacted support and was told I can swap from gesture navigation to buttons to stop it appearing over my apps or I can "Just avoid tapping it" (was told this pretty sassily).

Does anyone have this issue too or any ideas on fixes for it? There is also another bug attached to this where the area the button was in becomes unusable after it disappears https://youtu.be/9CeluqkhPak?t=12 (12 Seconds in you can see me tapping my enter key and nothing happens until I tap the top left)
20th January 2019, 09:48 PM |#2  

More
Hi,
I had exactly the same problem.
Something that worked for me was going on my homescreen settings and toggling on "Portrait mode only". (Long press on your homescreen and you should be able ton find it easily!)
The button then completely disappeared.

I hope that I could help!
6th February 2019, 08:09 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyan101

]

So this little button in the image above shows up when you have auto-rotate off and are holding your phone in landscape while its in portrait or vice-versa.
My main issue with this is it constantly pops up over my Enter key and other buttons in applications, mostly while I lay in bed on my side texting.

Contacted support and was told I can swap from gesture navigation to buttons to stop it appearing over my apps or I can "Just avoid tapping it" (was told this pretty sassily).

Does anyone have this issue too or any ideas on fixes for it? There is also another bug attached to this where the area the button was in becomes unusable after it disappears (12 Seconds in you can see me tapping my enter key and nothing happens until I tap the top left)

im facing this same issue, , using whatsapp while laying in bed sometime i could not touch the whatsapp voice button

you should report the bug to samsung via samsung members app with system log, hope they will fix in next update

i having an another problem while using bluetooth headphone, when sending voice message in whatsapp, the phone's internal mic works instead of headphone's mic, if i hold and close the phone's mic hole with my finger, it could not record my voice,

try this thing with your phone and please just let me know
6th February 2019, 11:03 AM |#4  

More
I am having the same exact problem, I even made a post about it a while ago, unfortunately no solutions to it yet..
21st June 2019, 08:14 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misurea

Hi,
I had exactly the same problem.
Something that worked for me was going on my homescreen settings and toggling on "Portrait mode only". (Long press on your homescreen and you should be able ton find it easily!)
The button then completely disappeared.

I hope that I could help!

Thank you for this, worked for me!
25th January 2020, 11:10 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Same issue on my J6.
I have a Samsung J6 and I'm having this same problem. I hate that little button on the right low corner on the phone every time I'm in bed or just with the phone rotating but don't want the screen to do so. There's is any way that we can disabled that annoying rotate button?
25th March 2020, 05:11 AM |#7  

More
Click on "Potrait" (Note: Not on the icon!)
Than disable "Rotate button navigation bar"
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)