Thanks Meter: 347

By Geekser, XDA Ad-Free Senior Member on 16th March 2018, 01:57 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
10th April 2018, 07:42 AM |#101  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dinysam

I have 4 more days of Samsung refund warranty so today I have commenced my final effort to self-solve. My provider is a Telstra MVNO partner - AldiMobile. Similar to Woolworths, Telechoice and Better Life which do NOT have VOLTE (confirmed). So I bought a new Telstra SIM and asked Telstra to turn ON VOLTE on that SIM service (which is by default off). I am testing this today which will confirm if these dead spots have anything to do with mobile tower switching/VOLTE etc. Will test a couple of days and take second S9 back on Friday if this workaround does not work.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

Really looking forward to what you find here. I was thinking to do the same but you have saved me a Pre-Paid SIM

10th April 2018, 08:05 AM |#102  
Flag Auckland
Thanks Meter: 14

More
I too have the same problem.

What is the Build Number on everyone's phone here? I live in NZ on Spark network and have today received an OTA update with
Build Number G965FXXU1ARCC.
Date: 22 March
Android Patch: March 2018.

It's the patch that supposedly has the "calling fix", but to my understanding it hasn't rectified the problem. I haven't been calling much to confirm anything yet.
10th April 2018, 09:45 AM |#103  
Flag Dubai
Thanks Meter: 167

More
What i have noticed on my Exynos version is if im on a call for 20 mins, there will be few seconds of blank out in between where i cannot hear anything. weird.
10th April 2018, 01:10 PM |#104  
Flag Sydney

More
I'm with Vodafone Australia. When I receive calls at my desk on my S9, there is usually 4 - 5 seconds intermittent silence. If I move close to a window while talking, then there is no intermittent silence. I have updated to latest firmware and still experience this issue. VoLTE is on from Vodafone.
My S9 is a pre-order. Got it 3 days before official release. Wondering if the first release batches are more prone to intermittent call silence issue.
I'll take my S9 to a Samsung Store this weekend.
10th April 2018, 07:10 PM |#105  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Try to turn off dolby atmos....
10th April 2018, 08:47 PM |#106  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
I have been watching this thread for a while as I was having the same issues. I ordered one from carphone warehouse UK on preorder. This came from their central warehouse and was delivered to my house. It had the silence during calls issue. I went back to the store and even one of the staff had the same issue with their own S9 which helped my case. The phone was replaced within minutes. Issue persisted. Returned to store and another replacement issue. The issue persisted with the 3rd handset and this was returned for a full refund. Fast forward to now. I ordered a s9+ in blue (as opposed to black in original order) and it arrived today. I haven't had any issues with my 4th! Fingers crossed!
11th April 2018, 02:55 AM |#107  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
too soon to be happy
Quote:
Originally Posted by fra.itc

After an OTA update did yesterday, for the moment the issue looks fixed

Sorry... the issue persist but the duration of gap/silence is shorter....
Most frequently with the same people with Italian Provider.
Calling US (many long calls) and France numbers never get the issue....
My opinion is that the patch released with G965FXXU1ARCC update was a quick fix the issue but they are still working on it.
I hope soon. What I hate is that vendor test more the camera and smart features than the first phone function.... ...be able to call flawless....

Hurry UP!
11th April 2018, 04:38 AM |#108  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by docker_rob

Really looking forward to what you find here. I was thinking to do the same but you have saved me a Pre-Paid SIM

One day into testing with a Telstra SIM VOLTE ON instead of AldiMobile. HD calls were very good in 4G zone but not that good moving into 3G zone (my in house has a 3G signal booster). However, there were no noticible silent spots over about 1 hour's worth of calls. Definitely SEEMS better. Also going to test Telstra SIM with VOLTE OFF and check if that is still better or not.

The Following User Says Thank You to dinysam For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dinysam Ad-Free
11th April 2018, 09:43 AM |#109  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dinysam

One day into testing with a Telstra SIM VOLTE ON instead of AldiMobile. HD calls were very good in 4G zone but not that good moving into 3G zone (my in house has a 3G signal booster). However, there were no noticible silent spots over about 1 hour's worth of calls. Definitely SEEMS better. Also going to test Telstra SIM with VOLTE OFF and check if that is still better or not.

Thanks for the update. I'll be interested to hear how you sit after a week or so.

For me Since I installed the latest Patch (on the recently replaced handset) it has been better, but not perfect. In 2 days since Patch installed I have had 1 x calls with the 5 - 10 second silence problem. Still better then pre the patch with this handset when I had 5 - 10 dropouts in the 1 call! But it could be I havent been on the phone as much, just not sure
11th April 2018, 03:09 PM |#110  
Flag Bathgate
Thanks Meter: 231

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyelrefee

I have been watching this thread for a while as I was having the same issues. I ordered one from carphone warehouse UK on preorder. This came from their central warehouse and was delivered to my house. It had the silence during calls issue. I went back to the store and even one of the staff had the same issue with their own S9 which helped my case. The phone was replaced within minutes. Issue persisted. Returned to store and another replacement issue. The issue persisted with the 3rd handset and this was returned for a full refund. Fast forward to now. I ordered a s9+ in blue (as opposed to black in original order) and it arrived today. I haven't had any issues with my 4th! Fingers crossed!

that's very interesting find bud, mine is cpw too.. and also was a black one, already replaced it once, but thinkin of handin back for a refund and gettin a pixel
11th April 2018, 04:36 PM |#111  
Flag Southampton
Thanks Meter: 60

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by misiokicio

that's very interesting find bud, mine is cpw too.. and also was a black one, already replaced it once, but thinkin of handin back for a refund and gettin a pixel

I got a refund and got the xz2
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)