Post Reply Email Thread
1st April 2018, 03:06 PM |#61  
Flag Southampton
Thanks Meter: 66

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by denzel09

Buy new sim and change it with the old one.

Not sim related. I went to Vodafone and did a sim swap first call after swap failed in the same way
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to searley For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift searley Ad-Free
2nd April 2018, 01:10 AM |#62  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by searley

Not sim related. I went to Vodafone and did a sim swap first call after swap failed in the same way

Installed G960FXXU1ARCC. Problem seems reduced (~4 seconds midway in a 17 minute call - compared to multiple intermittent silences of ~6 seconds), its still there. This time I have a recording of it from the receiving phone. Click image for larger version

Name:	S9%20Silence.jpg
Views:	280
Size:	123.7 KB
ID:	4464148

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dinysam For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dinysam Ad-Free
2nd April 2018, 06:51 AM |#63  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Bucharest
Thanks Meter: 2,597

More
I saw someone asked in the first page but haven't check all replies to see if someone actuall tested it.

I had the same issue in the past with an S6 Edge and it was due to the VoLTE setting (4G call). Initiall I switched it off from phone settings but later I flashed a ROM that had no settings for that and I had to disable the service FROM THE OPERATOR on my phone number in order to fix the anoying dropped call issue. Most of the times, the call was dropped after 1 to 5 minutes regardless of the signal strenght or location.

You could test this and see if it works for you.

NOTE: I couldn't find a pattern how phones are affected...some are and some are not. Not all phones having 4G call/VoLTE active have the problem, but from what I've tested, all persons (colleagues and some friends) that had this issue had it solved after deactivating the service
2nd April 2018, 10:07 AM |#64  
Flag Belgrade
Thanks Meter: 97

More
after couple of days of testing with new rom and factory resrt after that.. today i notice bug again for the first time.. someone is calling me and before i answer the call, the call has been dropped.. so the problem is still here but it i much better than before..
2nd April 2018, 01:30 PM |#65  
Flag Bathgate
Thanks Meter: 235

More
hey all, glad i am not the only one around then, its definitely samsung lads, nothin to do with network, UK vodafone and experiencing exact same problems with calls droppin out, had s8 before than with same sim and had no such issues at all, tried all like factory reset etc, and diff phones... only affecting s9, also to note here, sometimes when whatsapp message comes thru when on call... call drops too, not every time but it does happen too, its extremely annoying, no volte here,
2nd April 2018, 01:53 PM |#66  
Riyadh
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Hello there
Im having the same issue like everyone here, almost every call drops for 3-4 seconds , I replaced my S9+ with a new one yesterday, once i recieved my new phone I've put the sim card into the phone with fresh install without any apps or old backups, I wanted to make sure if there is any app or old files is causing the issue, then i called my friend and it happened again after 2 mins.
I personally think its a software issue and its happening everytime the phone is switching between 3G/LTE.
2nd April 2018, 04:05 PM |#67  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Exactly
I am fully convinced that the problem is initiated every time that the phone goes from 4g to 3g/hsdpa and vice versa.
Today we received the ota update (ARCC) here in Greece and the problem still persists...
Guys, lets send bulk messages to Samsung via email or Samsung app, or else they won't dig into the matter....
2nd April 2018, 04:15 PM |#68  
Flag Teheran
Thanks Meter: 876

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by enikou

Exactly
I am fully convinced that the problem is initiated every time that the phone goes from 4g to 3g/hsdpa and vice versa.
Today we received the ota update (ARCC) here in Greece and the problem still persists...
Guys, lets send bulk messages to Samsung via email or Samsung app, or else they won't dig into the matter....

lock on 3g only and see the difference
2nd April 2018, 04:16 PM |#69  
Charlotte NC
Thanks Meter: 72

More
Dissabling VoLTE does not help just FYI. 2 more dropped calls today on Tmobile in the US. I get perfect reception but it happens on every single call. Not just a few but every call.
2nd April 2018, 04:28 PM |#70  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by denzel09

lock on 3g only and see the difference

I did. And for many consequent calls not a drop.
The thing is that I am not going to stay on 3g, only to be able to use the phone. Its ridiculous and Samsung should solve this imminently...
2nd April 2018, 04:34 PM |#71  
Flag Teheran
Thanks Meter: 876

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by enikou

I did. And for many consequent calls not a drop.
The thing is that I am not going to stay on 3g, only to be able to use the phone. Its ridiculous and Samsung should solve this imminently...

I think this is not a problem for samsung now, or we will have already had a statement from them about this specific problem. Anyway will not be solved "very soon" imho

Solution for now is locked the phone to 3g and use the 4g only for web surfing, etc..
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)