S9+ Phone Locked: this phone can't be used without authorization (0001)

Search This thread

riteshgen

Feb 13, 2020
So, I tried installing Android 10 firmware on my Samsung Galaxy S9+ SM-G965F (Exynos) downloading from this: h t t p s : / /samfw.com/firmware/SM-G965F/INS/G965FXXU7DTAA, used Odin to install it.
Primarily I used TWRP, to delete/wipe the OS completely from the phone, then using Odin I installed Android 10. Upon booting I completed the first time setup. As soon as I reached the home screen, it got locked with this message: Phone Locked: this phone can't be used without authorization (0001).

In the recovery mode it says:
Product name: SM-G965F
Current binary: Samsung Official
KG State: Locked
FRP LOCK: OFF
OEM LOCK: OFF
WARRANTY VOID: 1 (0x030c)

At the bottom, while installing any other firmware (Pie or Q), it says: All binaries are not allowed to be flashed due to KG locked (BOOTLOADER)

Any solution?
-----------------

Last edited:

!Noki!

Jul 19, 2015
Transylvania
So, I tried installing Android 10 firmware on my Samsung Galaxy S9+ SM-G965F (Exynos) downloading from this: h t t p s : / /samfw.com/firmware/SM-G965F/INS/G965FXXU7DTAA, used Odin to install it.

Primarily I used TWRP, to delete/wipe the OS completely from the phone, then using Odin I installed Android 10. Upon booting I completed the first time setup. As soon as I reached the home screen, it got locked with this message: Phone Locked: this phone can't be used without authorization (0001).

At the bottom, while installing any other firmware (Pie or Q), it says: All binaries are not allowed to be flashed due to KG locked (BOOTLOADER)

Any solution?

-----------------
If you go into developer options you have this?
Screenshot_20200215-215857_Settings.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

!Noki!

Jul 19, 2015
Transylvania

Any solution?

-----------------
Ups..I just saw it you have kg state prenormal I think you must get a sim card for your firmware CSC for kg to unlock

---------- Post added at 08:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:02 PM ----------

Sorry mate

riteshgen

Feb 13, 2020
Hi @Asepriest,

I'm a noob in this. Is prenormal state = locked state? Yes, the phone is locked, so I cannot get into anything. Hence, can't get to the settings option even to open developers option. Also, I didn't understand this: I think you must get a sim card for your firmware CSC for kg to unlock, which sim and from where? I have an active sim with mobile data on, the phone is not rebooted since past 2 days.
And is it true that after 7 days (168 hrs) the phone will auto-unlock from this KG locked state if it's not rebooted for 7 days while mobile data is on?
p.s: h t t p s : / / w w w . the c u s t o m d r o i d . c o m/prenormal-rmm-state-on-samsung-galaxy-guide/ (remove all the spaces)

Or should I visit the Samsung service center to know more to solve this? The Samsung customer care chat/phone guys are dumb af.

Last edited:

riteshgen

Feb 13, 2020
The phone was unlocked by itself. Although after 4 days (not 7 days as suggested by someone, but did work)

I just kept the phone turned ON with a sim & network data ON, without any reboot. Randomly, on the 2nd and 3rd day, I tapped on-screen to unlock the phone screen. For a flash of seconds, it got unlocked but went back to "phone is locked" message. To my surprise on the 4th day or should I say, 5th day at night 2 am, the screen was unlocked by itself. I was skeptical about the bootloader being unlocked in the developer options. I enabled the developer option, and to my surprise in it, the 'Bootloader is unlocked' was enabled. (I don't know-how. But Lucky!). I rebooted the phone to re-check, but ever since then, it's functioning well as awesome. It's an Android 10 Fellas. Many new features, faster response, new offerings on Samsung Galaxy S9+. Charges faster than before(when running on Android Pie) with the default Samsung charging adapter & cable from the box.