FORUMS

S9+ SIM Card model change (CSC related?)

15 posts
Thanks Meter: 5

By cosmogroid, Junior Member on 22nd May 2020, 09:45 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hopefully there is someone here more knowledgeable than myself that can help me. I recently ordered an S9+ SM-G9650 model from amazon with the intent of unlocking the bootloader, etc. When I got it, everything looked alright, but I got to a point in the setup when I couldn't progress without putting in a sim card. I did and it rebooted twice, one of those times showing a blue screen that from my research seems to be related to CSC and changing the software region based on the sim card inserted. My sim card is a US Tracfone AT&T version sim card by the way. After that, I finished setting up the phone and found the model number to be SM-G965U1. I have factory reset from the bootloader and from within android to no avail. From my research the CSC region change thing can only change the CSC values to certain values based on the phone's actual model number, and not the model number itself. What I am saying is, is it possible that my US sim card somehow changed my phone from the bootloader-unlockable SM-G9650 model to the locked SM-G965U1 model, or did I actually receive the wrong model device?
23rd May 2020, 02:15 AM |#2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag VT
Thanks Meter: 4,151

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmogroid

Hopefully there is someone here more knowledgeable than myself that can help me. I recently ordered an S9+ SM-G9650 model from amazon with the intent of unlocking the bootloader, etc. When I got it, everything looked alright, but I got to a point in the setup when I couldn't progress without putting in a sim card. I did and it rebooted twice, one of those times showing a blue screen that from my research seems to be related to CSC and changing the software region based on the sim card inserted. My sim card is a US Tracfone AT&T version sim card by the way. After that, I finished setting up the phone and found the model number to be SM-G965U1. I have factory reset from the bootloader and from within android to no avail. From my research the CSC region change thing can only change the CSC values to certain values based on the phone's actual model number, and not the model number itself. What I am saying is, is it possible that my US sim card somehow changed my phone from the bootloader-unlockable SM-G9650 model to the locked SM-G965U1 model, or did I actually receive the wrong model device?

More than likely wrong model. It didn't change the bootloader. I run a9650 on cricket. I would send it back and raise hell i see this happen a lot
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)