FORUMS

My Samsung G965F/ DS ... is an G965N!!!!

37 posts
Thanks Meter: 6

By Hesni, Member on 18th September 2019, 02:44 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi folks,,,
At first excuse my language just plz try to keep up with me to get help
So I bought an used S9 plus Duos, inside its G965F...software info, build number its also G965F,, outside on the back G965F made in Vietnam,,, i discovered that's there is root and its on February security patch i tried to unroot it using Odin,,,the where i discovered its G965N!!!! Tried to continue by downloading official g965N firmware (pie 9) ... when the device restarted after using odin the phone working or showing just one sim even it was working just fine and even I used pie firmware its went back to oreo!!!
Plz ... Biiiig plz I need advices and solutions,,, I want to clean the root, I want to get updates ... and I want to get both of sim 1 and sim 2 work
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190918-133931_Settings.jpg
Views:	466
Size:	140.1 KB
ID:	4821291   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190918-133923_Settings.jpg
Views:	456
Size:	126.1 KB
ID:	4821293   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190918-133911_Settings.jpg
Views:	436
Size:	126.6 KB
ID:	4821295   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190918-134241_Root Status.jpg
Views:	444
Size:	130.7 KB
ID:	4821297  
18th September 2019, 05:00 PM |#2  
Forum Moderator
Flag Sioux Falls, SD
Thanks Meter: 852

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesni

Hi folks,,,
At first excuse my language just plz try to keep up with me to get help
So I bought an used S9 plus Duos, inside its G965F...software info, build number its also G965F,, outside on the back G965F made in Vietnam,,, i discovered that's there is root and its on February security patch i tried to unroot it using Odin,,,the where i discovered its G965N!!!! Tried to continue by downloading official g965N firmware (pie 9) ... when the device restarted after using odin the phone working or showing just one sim even it was working just fine and even I used pie firmware its went back to oreo!!!
Plz ... Biiiig plz I need advices and solutions,,, I want to clean the root, I want to get updates ... and I want to get both of sim 1 and sim 2 work

in your pics, it shows the phone seeing both sim slots, so that functionality should be fine. Flash this in Odin and it will no longer be rooted, but knox will be tripped forever on that phone. no way to un-do that part.
The Following User Says Thank You to Youdoofus For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Youdoofus Ad-Free
18th September 2019, 09:33 PM |#3  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by youdoofus

in your pics, it shows the phone seeing both sim slots, so that functionality should be fine. Flash this in Odin and it will no longer be rooted, but knox will be tripped forever on that phone. no way to un-do that part.

But bro, its g965 "N" version did you see on the pic, I did flash with before on the simular device but with this and its get me back to oreo even its pie firmware and I lost one sim to function,, so can i flash f firmware on this device without any risk?
18th September 2019, 10:12 PM |#4  
Forum Moderator
Flag Sioux Falls, SD

More
Quote:

But bro, its g965 "N" version did you see on the pic, I did flash with before on the simular device but with this and its get me back to oreo even its pie firmware and I lost one sim to function,, so can i flash f firmware on this device without any risk?

if it currently has the F firmware on it, yes. youll be fine
The Following User Says Thank You to Youdoofus For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Youdoofus Ad-Free
18th September 2019, 10:58 PM |#5  
OP Member

More
Quote:

if it currently has the F firmware on it, yes. youll be fine

Yes but its custom F firmware?
And we'll I lose the dual sim?
19th September 2019, 02:52 AM |#6  
Forum Moderator
Flag Sioux Falls, SD

More
Quote:

Yes but its custom F firmware?
And we'll I lose the dual sim?

custom f firmware? the stuff you get from sammobile is OEM stock firmware

there isnt a bespoke dual sim firmware available. From what can gather, the firmware detects what hardware you have and will show dual sim if it is so equipped. Ive seen the d/s version discussed several times on here and thats always been the outcome.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Youdoofus For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Youdoofus Ad-Free
19th September 2019, 03:01 AM |#7  
OP Member

More
Quote:

custom f firmware? the stuff you get from sammobile is OEM stock firmware

there isnt a bespoke dual sim firmware available. From what can gather, the firmware detects what hardware you have and will show dual sim if it is so equipped. Ive seen the d/s version discussed several times on here and thats always been the outcome.

No! I ment the firmwre thats installed on my device
Said iys costum
I tried to flash with odine N stock firmware as some of my friend advised me cuz he said if I would flash F firmware that may damage my phone for good!
19th September 2019, 03:18 AM |#8  
Forum Moderator
Flag Sioux Falls, SD

More
Quote:

No! I ment the firmwre thats installed on my device
Said iys costum
I tried to flash with odine N stock firmware as some of my friend advised me cuz he said if I would flash F firmware that may damage my phone for good!

ok, can you boot into the OS? If so, go to the play store and download CPU-Z, run it, take some scrrenshots of SOC, Device and System and post them here
19th September 2019, 08:15 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 36

More
Is it odd that the IMEI are the same number? Supposed it is N that sold as F to gain more money as dual sim.
The Following User Says Thank You to sarjarim For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sarjarim Ad-Free
19th September 2019, 09:44 AM |#10  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarjarim

Is it odd that the IMEI are the same number? Supposed it is N that sold as F to gain more money as dual sim.

Yes, and when i check that IMEI on imei.info I got that it N version
19th September 2019, 09:47 AM |#11  
OP Member

More
Quote:

ok, can you boot into the OS? If so, go to the play store and download CPU-Z, run it, take some scrrenshots of SOC, Device and System and post them here

Done.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190919-084246_CPU-Z.jpg
Views:	356
Size:	134.3 KB
ID:	4821965   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190919-084219_CPU-Z.jpg
Views:	350
Size:	146.9 KB
ID:	4821967   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190919-083908_CPU-Z.jpg