FORUMS

Skipping KG: Prenormal on S9+ and all samsung phones Android 10 included

84 posts
Thanks Meter: 85

By Nisar Ahmed Nisar, Member on 17th May 2020, 06:33 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
KG state defination: Knox Guard aka KG is a state which gets Prenormal on the devices which have unlockable bootloader, it's effect is OEM button disappears. The following guide is to turn the state to Checking which then make OEM button appear. The guide does not work on US models because they does not allow bootloader to be unlocked.

Hi i want to tell all of you concerned about how to bypass KG: Prenormal aka "only official binaries are allowed to be flashed"

Note Note Note: You have to keep Wifi Connected!!

1: Connect device to Wifi

2pen developer options( tap build number 7 times)

3:You will see there is no OEM button but do not worry

4:Go back to home screen and go again to developer options do this 3-4 times and you will be greeted with OEM button. Hurrah!

Important NOTE: If After trying the loop of going to developer options and homescreen several times does not show OEM button for you then Go to settings-Apps-Show system-Settings App-Clear Data.
Now open developer options and do the loop of going to developer options and homescreen you will see OEM Button and in Bootloader KGrenormal will be KG:checking and you could flash unofficial binaries

** I have tried this on dozens of Samsung phones including S9+ on Android 10

Yes it works all of you any problem comment below i will help.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nisar Ahmed Nisar For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Nisar Ahmed Nisar Ad-Free
4th June 2020, 11:30 PM |#2  
Flag Montréal
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Doesn't work
5th June 2020, 12:59 AM |#3  
Flag Lewisville, Tx
Thanks Meter: 481

More
Spam should not be allowed here on XDA.
5th June 2020, 12:11 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Worked
It worked for me
What you basically have to do is to connect wifi and go to developer options then back to homescreen then to developer options for about 5 to 15 times depending.

For me it took 8 times, but it worked for me.

Thanks man.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sullyhudson For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Sullyhudson Ad-Free
5th June 2020, 12:19 PM |#5  
OP Member
Flag Sindh

More
Whats left how improbable, must be the cause.

It seems some folks are open and shut case. Cool your fire doubledragon5 this ain't spam. It is just simple connect to a wifi network wait 4-5 seconds tap build number 7 times head to developer options and then tap home button and come back to homescreen after that again go to developer options and then to homescreen, keep doing this for 5-6 times or more, eventually OEM button will show up and KG state will be changed to Checking. It is not a rocket science.
The Following User Says Thank You to Nisar Ahmed Nisar For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Nisar Ahmed Nisar Ad-Free
6th June 2020, 02:32 AM |#6  
Flag Lewisville, Tx

More
I have tried, it does not work. I do not know about you but I have 965u not 9650.

---------- Post added at 02:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:25 AM ----------

Tried 30 time, still no OEM unlock. Do you have to turn dev options off then on each time?. OP still Full of ship.
6th June 2020, 10:00 AM |#7  
OP Member
Flag Sindh

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by doubledragon5

I have tried, it does not work. I do not know about you but I have 965u not 9650.

---------- Post added at 02:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:25 AM ----------

Tried 30 time, still no OEM unlock. Do you have to turn dev options off then on each time?. OP still Full of ship.

To make it clear; it is for skipping KG state. It does not make US versions bootloader unlockable. It skips KG state on versions which have unlockable bootloader. The confusion should rest now.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nisar Ahmed Nisar For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Nisar Ahmed Nisar Ad-Free
6th June 2020, 01:05 PM |#8  
Flag Lewisville, Tx

More
That should have been mentioned in the OP. So basically this doesn't do anything for me anyways. That's because I have the US version with the unlockable boot loader.
The Following User Says Thank You to doubledragon5 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift doubledragon5 Ad-Free
6th June 2020, 07:40 PM |#9  

More
I confirm it also worked for G975F
J600f and J400f

However for J260F it did not work.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sullyhudson For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Sullyhudson Ad-Free
6th June 2020, 07:47 PM |#10  
OP Member
Flag Sindh

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sullyhudson

I confirm it also worked for G975F
J600f and J400f

However for J260F it did not work.

It should also work for j2, did you try going into Apps tap show system apps and look for settings app clear data of settings app again tap build number 7 times go to developer options and home repeatedly. It can also take 10 tries.
The Following User Says Thank You to Nisar Ahmed Nisar For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Nisar Ahmed Nisar Ad-Free
7th June 2020, 04:39 AM |#11  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nisar Ahmed Nisar

It should also work for j2, did you try going into Apps tap show system apps and look for settings app clear data of settings app again tap build number 7 times go to developer options and home repeatedly. It can also take 10 tries.

Followed second instructions and it worked like charm OEM button appeared for J260F.
Bundle of thanks.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)