FORUMS

SoundAlive Crashing on Android 10 - ***Solution***

136 posts
Thanks Meter: 20

By RichDem, Senior Member on 13th March 2020, 07:23 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi All,

2 Days ago I updated my Bell Canada S9 Plus to Android 10 and ran into an issue with the Soundalive app not running and crashing.

I have actually found what is causing the issue on my phone and I can re create it every time.

Yesterday I did a 2nd full reset from recovery and right after booting in to the phone Sound Alive worked. I then carefully did the stock updates and it still continued to work. I continued installing a few apps testing each time and again saw no issues. Yesterday evening I was tweaking my settings to my liking and I made an adjustment to the "Screen Zoom" in the Display section. I typically have it to the far right position so I made the change. I don't know what made me go to SoundAlive but it wouldn't open then crashed! I went straight back to the screen zoom setting and this time put it in the middle postion and Hey Presto SoundAlive worked again !!

I can confirm the problem on my phone only exists if the screen zoom setting is over to the far right

Hope this helps anyone suffering the same issue
26th April 2020, 03:51 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
[Solution]
* wipe soundalive settings
* goto 'zoom' and just change the value to something
* run Soundalive
* set zoom settings back to whatever you want

That actually worked ... just changing the value seems to work .. not sure what the hell that has to do with anything ... here is what I think:

* the SoundAlive UI has some saved settings depending on your 'zoom' level...
* something wipes at least partial settings some place for zoom
* you launch the SoundAlive app and it goes to load tho's settings and glishes out because A there not there or B the app has been updated and Zoom need to be run again to save the settings.
2nd August 2020, 09:04 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Sound setting crash, won't open
I found changing display setting and font settings worked. In display setting change Easy Mode to off and font to smallest size. You can enlarge font size after .
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)