FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

T-mobile S9/S9+ MIA Update.

438 posts
Thanks Meter: 144

By galaxy4mylife, Senior Member on 1st June 2018, 01:39 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
This is pretty ridiculous. I get pulling the update on April 14th due to the boot looping. But.... its June 1st and still nothing. Like June Security is gonna be out and were still sitting on launch software or March if ur phone didn't brick. Any guesses as to what the hell the holdup is? My theory is they discovered that everyone's phone is a software time bomb and any updates they are testing causes them to spazz out. And for anyone who's gonna say blah blah its how updates go...... I'm just seeing what some other theories are and letting others voice their opinions.
The Following User Says Thank You to galaxy4mylife For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift galaxy4mylife Ad-Free

2nd June 2018, 04:27 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxy4mylife

This is pretty ridiculous. I get pulling the update on April 14th due to the boot looping. But.... its June 1st and still nothing. Like June Security is gonna be out and were still sitting on launch software or March if ur phone didn't brick. Any guesses as to what the hell the holdup is? My theory is they discovered that everyone's phone is a software time bomb and any updates they are testing causes them to spazz out. And for anyone who's gonna say blah blah its how updates go...... I'm just seeing what some other theories are and letting others voice their opinions.

I couldn't agree more. It's June 1st, and we still don't have an update.
2nd June 2018, 07:03 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 71

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxy4mylife

Same still no update.. Anyone has an idea if we are getting an update in the coming days? For ***** sake my note 8 is already on the may patch and so is my brothers galaxy s8! Interesting theory though, maybe its true lol.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jaimesco12 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Jaimesco12 Ad-Free
3rd June 2018, 05:35 PM |#4  
Flag bayville
Thanks Meter: 97

More
i have to say 2 months after an update that was pulled,and no new update is a pretty douchy thing on a just released top shelf phone,oh well history repeats itself,hopefully something soon for us
3rd June 2018, 06:44 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 144

More
Couldn't agree more. Love T-Mobile's responses to questions.
"We know how important software updates are to customers. We want to make sure ur running the most up to date software." Big FAT Lie lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mongonexus

i have to say 2 months after an update that was pulled,and no new update is a pretty douchy thing on a just released top shelf phone,oh well history repeats itself,hopefully something soon for us

The Following User Says Thank You to galaxy4mylife For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift galaxy4mylife Ad-Free
3rd June 2018, 08:17 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
update it yourself...dl the update from sammobile
3rd June 2018, 09:53 PM |#7  
Flag bayville
Thanks Meter: 97

More
explain the sammobile way please
3rd June 2018, 10:14 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 352

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mongonexus

explain the sammobile way please

Probably he means converting your tmobile phone (which u loose a few tmobile feature) to the unlock USA and then u can flash the newest samsung firmware.
3rd June 2018, 11:12 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 755

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by eduardmc

Probably he means converting your tmobile phone (which u loose a few tmobile feature) to the unlock USA and then u can flash the newest samsung firmware.

What features?
4th June 2018, 02:51 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 49

More
Most likely wifi calling.
Possibly VoLTE.
Any carrier specific apps.
4th June 2018, 05:09 PM |#11  
Flag Plant City, FL
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mixxxk

Most likely wifi calling.
Possibly VoLTE.
Any carrier specific apps.

Wi-Fi calling for T-Mobile works fine on the Unlocked S9+
Some of the carrier specific stuff downloads when the SIM registers to the T-Mobile network. But you can download the rest of the apps if you want them from the Play Store.

You don't have all the bloat unless you choose to install it.
The Following User Says Thank You to Zzan For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Zzan Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)