T-mobile S9/S9+ MIA Update.

Search This thread

galaxy4mylife

Sep 4, 2015
This is pretty ridiculous. I get pulling the update on April 14th due to the boot looping. But.... its June 1st and still nothing. Like June Security is gonna be out and were still sitting on launch software or March if ur phone didn't brick. Any guesses as to what the hell the holdup is? My theory is they discovered that everyone's phone is a software time bomb and any updates they are testing causes them to spazz out. And for anyone who's gonna say blah blah its how updates go...... I'm just seeing what some other theories are and letting others voice their opinions. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: mongonexus

hyl4me

Nov 28, 2009
This is pretty ridiculous. I get pulling the update on April 14th due to the boot looping. But.... its June 1st and still nothing. Like June Security is gonna be out and were still sitting on launch software or March if ur phone didn't brick. Any guesses as to what the hell the holdup is? My theory is they discovered that everyone's phone is a software time bomb and any updates they are testing causes them to spazz out. And for anyone who's gonna say blah blah its how updates go...... I'm just seeing what some other theories are and letting others voice their opinions. :)

I couldn't agree more. It's June 1st, and we still don't have an update.

Jaimesco12

Apr 28, 2012
Same still no update.. Anyone has an idea if we are getting an update in the coming days? For ***** sake my note 8 is already on the may patch and so is my brothers galaxy s8! Interesting theory though, maybe its true lol.:p

mongonexus

Oct 21, 2012
bayville
i have to say 2 months after an update that was pulled,and no new update is a pretty douchy thing on a just released top shelf phone,oh well history repeats itself,hopefully something soon for us

galaxy4mylife

Sep 4, 2015
Couldn't agree more. Love T-Mobile's responses to questions.
"We know how important software updates are to customers. We want to make sure ur running the most up to date software." Big FAT Lie lol.

i have to say 2 months after an update that was pulled,and no new update is a pretty douchy thing on a just released top shelf phone,oh well history repeats itself,hopefully something soon for us

mixxxk

Nov 23, 2011
Most likely wifi calling.
Possibly VoLTE.
Any carrier specific apps.

Zzan

Jun 6, 2006
Plant City, FL
Possibly VoLTE.
Wi-Fi calling for T-Mobile works fine on the Unlocked S9+
Some of the carrier specific stuff downloads when the SIM registers to the T-Mobile network. But you can download the rest of the apps if you want them from the Play Store.

You don't have all the bloat unless you choose to install it.

Reactions: joemill

fireguy0306

Jun 18, 2010
Some of the carrier specific stuff downloads when the SIM registers to the T-Mobile network. But you can download the rest of the apps if you want them from the Play Store.

Any downsides? Does SamsungPay still work? That's a big one for me.

Zzan

Jun 6, 2006
Plant City, FL
Samsung Pay works fine. I have no downsides. Though I have never used a branded T-Mobile phone since I have been on T-Mobile, so maybe I don't know what I am missing, if anything.

mixxxk

Nov 23, 2011
I'm on At&T, and any unlocked phone always disabled the carrier wifi calling and volte.

ModelCitizen

Mar 13, 2012
So stupid. I contacted support and they said they had no timeline of any future updates. Canada got theirs today...

galaxy4mylife

Sep 4, 2015
Seems that all the S8 line has been updated on tmobile with may if im not mistaken. What do you bet we get an update tomorrow for April lmao. But really this is really really strange.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Same still no update.. Anyone has an idea if we are getting an update in the coming days? For ***** sake my note 8 is already on the may patch and so is my brothers galaxy s8! Interesting theory though, maybe its true lol.:p
    Couldn't agree more. Love T-Mobile's responses to questions.
    "We know how important software updates are to customers. We want to make sure ur running the most up to date software." Big FAT Lie lol.

Possibly VoLTE.

Do you know if band 71 is active on arf2? That's my only concern. I assume this is active or inactive based on the radio version. I assume that changed between updates.

Looks like it is active