FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Old Whatsapp Chats Disappeared

130 posts
Thanks Meter: 24

By adhya, Senior Member on 11th July 2018, 07:58 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I'm starting to realize that my old chats disappeared. It's not archived. The oldest chat gone first and day by day they disappeared one by one chronologically. I did reinstall and relogin but it stays the same. I'm using SM-G965F/DS on June security patch. Have this problem since April security patch as long as I remember. Anybody have the same issue?
The Following User Says Thank You to adhya For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift adhya Ad-Free

30th July 2018, 01:15 AM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Yogyakarta

More
Bump!
30th August 2018, 07:03 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
I got the same issue... WhatsApp old conversations are disappearing day by day. I checked it in storage management, total message count is decreasing day by day. For example total messages i sent to someone is 3000, after somedays it's showing 2980. It's happening again and again. I checked it deeply, it our old conversations we had in 2014. It's gone and it's keep disappearing....... please help
30th August 2018, 01:41 PM |#4  
Flag North East, MD
Thanks Meter: 930

Donate to Me
More
Any chance you're backing them up to Google Drive? Might be able to restore the missing ones.
30th August 2018, 03:01 PM |#5  

More
Autodeleted chat history
Backup and restore helped. I can able to bring back the messages using old backup, but lost my few recent conversations...but after some days it again start to disappear( I never delete it).... It's our first time conversations. It keep decreasing again and again(I checked it in storage management) For example Message count is 3000, after somedays it's 2980 and after somedays it's 2965 and so on ....Any one who had old conversations please check it.....

I am using honor 6x.... Android nougat
The Following User Says Thank You to JOE149 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift JOE149 Ad-Free
1st September 2018, 07:46 AM |#6  

More
5th September 2018, 01:53 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
M using one plus 6, and even m facing same issue for last couple of months. I tried everything, from reinstalling whatsapp with latest backup..to without initiating backup. But messages are disappearing randomly. And m losing important stuff. I have contacted their customer support, but everytime they reply with pre saved templates like a bot
The Following User Says Thank You to Nik009 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Nik009 Ad-Free
5th September 2018, 02:53 PM |#8  

More
I also contact customer support few months ago they told me they are investigating but nothing happened... It's only removing the old conversations but still that is important... Anyone who had the same issue please help..how to solve the issue?
13th September 2018, 05:22 PM |#9  
OP Senior Member
Flag Yogyakarta

More
Probable cause:
Quote:

Hi,

Thanks for your message.

It is possible that an application you have installed on your device such as a cleaner application or an anti-virus application may be attempting to clean your WhatsApp image folder without your knowledge and deleting your files.

You may try to temporarily disable these applications for a period of time and see if the issue still persists.

That's mail from WhatsApp support.
13th September 2018, 09:30 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
@adhya is this issue if yours solved? If yes, how ?
Coz, mine still happening for last two months, and I have tried literally everything, but m unable to stop it.
14th September 2018, 04:53 AM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Flag Yogyakarta

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nik009

@adhya is this issue if yours solved? If yes, how ?
Coz, mine still happening for last two months, and I have tried literally everything, but m unable to stop it.

The issue is still there. Give it a try to stop using device maintenance software. If the issue still persist, then I have no idea.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
chat, chats, disappear, disappeared, whatsapp

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)