134 posts
Thanks Meter: 26

By adhya, Senior Member on 11th July 2018, 07:58 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
22nd January 2019, 09:33 AM |#51  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Same problem
I have the same problem since september. My mobile phone is Samsung Grand Neo Plus. Do you have any solutions? Thank you

24th January 2019, 02:24 PM |#52  

More
Hello,
I m having the same problem since months. Looked for something wrong on my phone and noticed that:
- my whatsapp use to act like a web whatsapp, meaning I dont see last seen for contacts that didn't registered me on their phone. It can last for hours or days or weeks. I found that last time this behaviour stopped correspond to hour of modification of three folders on my android/data folder, meaning: com.qapp.secprotect, com.qualcomm.qti.telephonyservice, com.qualcomm.shutdownlistner.
- when I open and close flight mode, the webwhatsapp feature disable for few minutes or hours. Im not sure, but it seems that messages that dont erase correspond to the messages that I send or receive during these gaps after trying flight mode.
-I use to send messages that are supposed to get to their destination (double gray check), but the contact never see them. when I open the chat after hours, the contact join the message
-I have lots of people with a mention that the chat is secured by encriptyon, as if I had a chat with these people, but I never had.
-when messages disappear, i noticed that it uses to have a confusion in dates in the remaining messages, like 17 of january, then 18 then 17 again

I mentionned it all to whatsapp support, but no answer

Do you notice the same things?
31st January 2019, 12:38 PM |#53  
Flag SP
Thanks Meter: 10

More
I am also facing this problem for months!
As I use only for business, I don't use much. And I have a lot of blank chats! Terrible.
I use normal WhatsApp version (not business version).
I have only very basic stuff installed on the phone!

My phone is a Motorola

I thought this was due to having two Google accounts on the phone and WhatsApp was getting lost with backup and contact list.

I think this topic should be moved outside Samsung Galaxy
13th February 2019, 02:07 AM |#54  

More
Same issue here. Groups and numbers are still there, but the messages are almost completely gone (so nearly all my chats are empty).
No antivirus or whatnot installed on my phone.
I'm using Xiaomi Mi A1.
2nd March 2019, 04:58 AM |#55  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Issue solved... update to the latest version of WhatsApp..
14th March 2019, 09:05 AM |#56  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOE149

Issue solved... update to the latest version of WhatsApp..

Could you recovery the lost messages?
17th March 2019, 06:29 AM |#57  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by epalaciosg

Could you recovery the lost messages?

Unfortunately no....Of you have old backup you can recover lost messages...In my case it's no...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
chat, chats, disappear, disappeared, whatsapp

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)