FORUMS

should i buy an s9+ ? modding situation?

73 posts
Thanks Meter: 7

By the_cr0w, Member on 24th February 2020, 11:21 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
hello everyone, recently i had some connector-related problems with my s7edge so i'm about to buy my next phone.
i think that, in this "hardware overkill era" (personally i think that from circa 2018 the effective changes in speed became very small and unnoticeable in terms of usage; apps open just a tiny little faster ), choosing a good used it's better than ever. since i don't have much to spend (gotta apply for masters ya know) i was thinking about getting a s9plus or a OP6t. that is because i like a lot the design of both the phones and the different functions (from water resistance, qi charge, better photos and nice notch/slide-less design by s9p to the in-display fingerprint sensor and veeeery nice software of the op6t ). I really wish there was something around 250/300€ with the functions of both but couldn't find it, and since i can actually buy a still premium phone like those for just 250, probably i'll just stick with one of them. which one?
i’d really like to get a stock aosp/pixel experience with the samsung but can't find a good rom, should i choose the op6t? what is the actual modding situation from the inside?
26th March 2020, 03:03 AM |#2  
Flag Washington
Thanks Meter: 224

More
Honestly, just as I'm looking around for info about root for Android 10 on the S9+, Its depressing me quite a bit. Seeing that this phone isn't that old, and yet, there's so little activity for it and its non + variant. It's really surprising when In the past I had far less popular and expensive phones, and there were A LOT more people working on custom ROMs and a bunch of other stuff, when they were far older than this phone currently is. Don't get me wrong, there is people working on it, but not many.

I'd definitely look for a different phone at this point if you want a new one.
27th March 2020, 08:01 AM |#3  
Flag Louisville
Thanks Meter: 182

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReapersDeath

Honestly, just as I'm looking around for info about root for Android 10 on the S9+, Its depressing me quite a bit. Seeing that this phone isn't that old, and yet, there's so little activity for it and its non + variant. It's really surprising when In the past I had far less popular and expensive phones, and there were A LOT more people working on custom ROMs and a bunch of other stuff, when they were far older than this phone currently is. Don't get me wrong, there is people working on it, but not many.

I'd definitely look for a different phone at this point if you want a new one.

I remember the days, i have the s10+ unlocked version (U1) and i upgraded to android 10 and honestly not that hyped about it either. I still have my Note 3 and Note 4 and play with them because i miss the rooting and my freedom to do whatever i wanted with MY phone.
This trend where we can root and unlock will come to an end just like Apple killed jailbraking Samsung is slowly following Apple like a little sheep started with phone jack to locking bootloaders for them rooting is cancer that needs to be eradicated asap.
I bought the s9+ from amazon last week the G9650 and plan on rooting it later because i miss it that much but i'm staying on Pie (9) for a while longer
30th March 2020, 10:10 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 29

More
I wondered about this too and the most plausible explanation is that many of the great Devs aren't from 1st world nations and the phones can be pricey for them to get hold of to produce ROMs etc.
This is especially holds true since high end mobile phones are $1000+ now and their monthly pay might be a couple of hundred.
Yesterday, 08:25 AM |#5  
Flag Manila
Thanks Meter: 27

More
Honestly I think modding is no longer that fun like before with many security updates to android that complicates
and dicourages hobbyist developer..nowadays it will cost a lot of effort and money for developers just to come up with something..
Yesterday, 12:35 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 31

More
Wanna play with admin rights and do whatever you want with a smartphone like the good old days ?
Buy a OnePlus device and enjoy.
Stay away from Samsung.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)