I decided to make a thread, where we can discuss the upcoming update for our lovely device Galaxy S9+. Maybe it's too early for this discussion, or not? I hope the moderators don't mind... I'm very excited about the update and a little bit frustrated that we will not get the beta first. I may upgrade to Note 10+, but I'm not yet sure, because I love too much my S9+ - the design, the screen, feels like everything is perfect though. Only miss the wide-angle camera
The beta program just started! Currently available in India, Korea, and the UK. Thanks to SamMobile we had the first build which you can find below.
The second beta will be available next week, according to SamMobile.
The second beta is out. You can find download links and changelog below.
The third beta is out. You can find download links and changelog below, as usual. The changelog on this one is pretty short and everything looks very stable. I guess is safe to say we can expect very soon stable release.
Beta N 5 came out today. You can find links and changelog below, as usual.
Beta N6 is out. Links below.
Samsung has released the Android 10 update for the Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9+. The update is rolling out in Germany at the moment for those who are on Android Pie. Yes, the final build of Android 10 is yet to be released for those who are on the One UI 2.0 beta, though that is probably going to change soon.
G960F_CSK1_ZSKD (S9) (Beta 1) (Exynos) - LINK
G965F_CSK1_ZSKD (S9+) (Beta 1) (Exynos) - LINK 1 | LINK 2
G960F_ZSKD_ZSL2 (S9) (Beta 2) (Exynos) - LINK 1 | LINK 2
G965F_ZSKD_ZSL2 (S9+) (Beta 2) (Exynos) - LINK 1 | LINK 2
G960F_ZSL2_ZSL9 (S9) (Beta 3) (Exynos) - LINK 1
G965F_ZSL2_ZSL9 (S9+) (Beta 3) (Exynos) - LINK 1
G965F_ZSL9_ZSLC (S9+) (Beta 4) (Exynos) - LINK 1
G965F_ZSLC_ZSLG (S9+) (Beta 4) (HotFix) (Exynos) - LINK 1
G965F_ZSLC_ZTA2 (S9+) (Beta 5) (Exynos) - LINK
G965F_ZTA2_ZTA9 (S9+) (Beta 6) (Exynos) - LINK
G965F_ZTA9_DTAA (S9+) (Stable Version) (Exynos) (The last one) - LINK
Alternative, direct links for the betas 4, 4 Hotfix, 5, and 6: thanks to @mchaimech - LINK
Installation instructions - HERE
About the ROOT, check - this and this
All credits to @sammobile and @henklbr who saved the day!
From where to download the stock firmware
I see people still asking from where to download it, since sammobile need premium acc for faster download. There are a few alternatives that are very easy to use and I thought everyone Samsung fan knows them but it seems I was wrong. Gonna share them here.
This is for people who don't want to install any additional software. However, seems full of ads. If that doesn't bother you, use it.
2. SamFirm 0.3.6
It's deprecated but still working though.
This is the most updated with very nice interface. I would recommend it.
Mirros to Google Drive with stock firmware:
Android 9 Pie
Android 10 Q
Notes, related to the beta builds:
2. You can't flash it directly if you are rooted, need to be completely sock - this includes the stock recovery. Also, you should be on this firmware G965FXXU7CSK1/G965FOXM7CSJ5/G965FXXU7CSJ5/G965FXXU7CSK1. When new beta's come out you will need to flash them as the way they came out, like beta1->beta2 and etc.
3. The USA and Korean builds are not compatible with the rest models. Be careful what you flash on your device. By the tip to remove them to not lead to confusion, I will separate them below in the spoiler. The authors of the files can feel free to make a new thread about the specific device.
Notes, related to Android 10:
- You can't install any more custom fonts on Android 10 unless you are rooted.
Check the Galaxy store for your favorite font. If it's there you can buy it and use it.
- Swift Installer, Substratum doesn't work anymore on S9/ S9+ like before.
You need will the Synergy. However for me isn't working at all, so basically I can't use any substratum theme or mod. On the other hand Hex Installer works very well and I will recommend it.
- Blocking ads with DNS still working.
- Technically, there is no reason to not be able to receive OTA, after flashing stable DBT version with Odin. Just make sure you don't use CSC (use HOME_CSC instead) file to wipe everything and break something with your current CSC. I personally flashed CSC file by mistake, my CSC didn't change it but now I can't receive OTA. No big deal for me will flash it manually when there is a new update.
- OTA files won't wipe anything. Some user reports that his phone is wiped after OTA, but this usually is impossible. A good idea is always to make a backup with Smart Switch before any procedure of this kind.