FORUMS

View Poll Results: Are you excited about the Android 10?

Yes! Of course, I can't wait!

234 Vote(s)
73.58%
Yeah, I like staying up to date, but I don't hurry

67 Vote(s)
21.07%
I'm okay with android 9, I may not update

5 Vote(s)
1.57%
I don't care about the update at all

12 Vote(s)
3.77%

[Discussion] Android 10

2,354 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,087

By Leon, Senior Member on 18th September 2019, 05:48 PM
Post Reply Email Thread

Hello everyone!

I decided to make a thread, where we can discuss the upcoming update for our lovely device Galaxy S9+. Maybe it's too early for this discussion, or not? I hope the moderators don't mind... I'm very excited about the update and a little bit frustrated that we will not get the beta first. I may upgrade to Note 10+, but I'm not yet sure, because I love too much my S9+ - the design, the screen, feels like everything is perfect though. Only miss the wide-angle camera

The beta program just started! Currently available in India, Korea, and the UK. Thanks to SamMobile we had the first build which you can find below.

The second beta will be available next week, according to SamMobile.

The second beta is out. You can find download links and changelog below.

The third beta is out. You can find download links and changelog below, as usual. The changelog on this one is pretty short and everything looks very stable. I guess is safe to say we can expect very soon stable release.

Beta N 5 came out today. You can find links and changelog below, as usual.

Beta N6 is out. Links below.

Quote:

Samsung has released the Android 10 update for the Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9+. The update is rolling out in Germany at the moment for those who are on Android Pie. Yes, the final build of Android 10 is yet to be released for those who are on the One UI 2.0 beta, though that is probably going to change soon.

Beta Builds

G960F_CSK1_ZSKD (S9) (Beta 1) (Exynos) - LINK

G965F_CSK1_ZSKD (S9+) (Beta 1) (Exynos) - LINK 1 | LINK 2

G960F_ZSKD_ZSL2 (S9) (Beta 2) (Exynos) - LINK 1 | LINK 2

G965F_ZSKD_ZSL2 (S9+) (Beta 2) (Exynos) - LINK 1 | LINK 2

G960F_ZSL2_ZSL9 (S9) (Beta 3) (Exynos) - LINK 1

G965F_ZSL2_ZSL9 (S9+) (Beta 3) (Exynos) - LINK 1

G965F_ZSL9_ZSLC (S9+) (Beta 4) (Exynos) - LINK 1

G965F_ZSLC_ZSLG (S9+) (Beta 4) (HotFix) (Exynos) - LINK 1

G965F_ZSLC_ZTA2 (S9+) (Beta 5) (Exynos) - LINK

G965F_ZTA2_ZTA9 (S9+) (Beta 6) (Exynos) - LINK

G965F_ZTA9_DTAA (S9+) (Stable Version) (Exynos) (The last one) - LINK

Alternative, direct links for the betas 4, 4 Hotfix, 5, and 6: thanks to @mchaimech - LINK

Installation instructions - HERE

About the ROOT, check - this and this

All credits to @sammobile and @henklbr who saved the day!

From where to download the stock firmware

I see people still asking from where to download it, since sammobile need premium acc for faster download. There are a few alternatives that are very easy to use and I thought everyone Samsung fan knows them but it seems I was wrong. Gonna share them here.

1. Updato.com
This is for people who don't want to install any additional software. However, seems full of ads. If that doesn't bother you, use it.

2. SamFirm 0.3.6
It's deprecated but still working though.

3. Frija
This is the most updated with very nice interface. I would recommend it.

Mirros to Google Drive with stock firmware:

Android 9 Pie

G965FXXU7CSK1/G965FOXM7CSJ5/G965FXXU7CSJ5/G965FXXU7CSK1

Android 10 Q

G965FXXU7DTAA/G965FOXM7DTAA/G965FXXU7DTA3/G965FXXU7DTAA

Notes, related to the beta builds:

1. I think it was a mention somewhere but will write it here also. Both files are in .bin format. You need to rename them in update .zip so you can flash them through stock recovery.

2. You can't flash it directly if you are rooted, need to be completely sock - this includes the stock recovery. Also, you should be on this firmware G965FXXU7CSK1/G965FOXM7CSJ5/G965FXXU7CSJ5/G965FXXU7CSK1. When new beta's come out you will need to flash them as the way they came out, like beta1->beta2 and etc.

3. The USA and Korean builds are not compatible with the rest models. Be careful what you flash on your device. By the tip to remove them to not lead to confusion, I will separate them below in the spoiler. The authors of the files can feel free to make a new thread about the specific device.

Korean Builds

G960N_CSJ1_ZSKD (S9) (Beta 1) (Exynos) - LINK

G965N_ZSKD_ZSL2 (S9+) (Beta 2) (Exynos) - LINK

USA Builds

G965U1_ZSL3 (S9+) (Beta 1) (Snapdragon) - LINK

G965U1_ZSL3_ZSL9 (S9+) (Beta 2) (Snapdragon) - LINK

B]G965U1_ZSL9_ [/B] (S9+) (Beta 3) (Snapdragon) - LINK

Notes, related to Android 10:
  • You can't install any more custom fonts on Android 10 unless you are rooted.
    Check the Galaxy store for your favorite font. If it's there you can buy it and use it.
  • Swift Installer, Substratum doesn't work anymore on S9/ S9+ like before.
    You need will the Synergy. However for me isn't working at all, so basically I can't use any substratum theme or mod. On the other hand Hex Installer works very well and I will recommend it.
  • Blocking ads with DNS still working.
  • Technically, there is no reason to not be able to receive OTA, after flashing stable DBT version with Odin. Just make sure you don't use CSC (use HOME_CSC instead) file to wipe everything and break something with your current CSC. I personally flashed CSC file by mistake, my CSC didn't change it but now I can't receive OTA. No big deal for me will flash it manually when there is a new update.
  • OTA files won't wipe anything. Some user reports that his phone is wiped after OTA, but this usually is impossible. A good idea is always to make a backup with Smart Switch before any procedure of this kind.
The Following 27 Users Say Thank You to Leon For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Leon Ad-Free
19th September 2019, 10:46 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 47

More
I'll stick with my s9+ Exynos Oreo bc it runs perfectly. Smooth. No issues. Just an amazing reliable phone with idan GCam 3.5. What could be so good with android 10 that it's worth upgrading?
The Following User Says Thank You to Jogg3r For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Jogg3r Ad-Free
19th September 2019, 10:59 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 28

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jogg3r

I'll stick with my s9+ Exynos Oreo bc it runs perfectly. Smooth. No issues. Just an amazing reliable phone with idan GCam 3.5. What could be so good with android 10 that it's worth upgrading?

I regret having gone on foot

The battery drains very fast, 4 hours of SOT when I go for a 20% battery.

The front camera for some reason overexposes the photos, does not take them as in the preview

I use Gcam, if with that software it is possible to take incredible photos having this fabulous lens, I do not understand how it is possible that Samsung does not take advantage of it by developing a good camera application
20th September 2019, 03:18 PM |#4  
Flag Matamoros
Thanks Meter: 854

Donate to Me
More
I haven't seen anything in Android 10 that would make me want to update as soon as possible. What are you looking forward to? TBH I'd be happy in Oreo lol
20th September 2019, 08:48 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member

More
lol guys, didn't expect those answers, to be honest I personally, like to stay up to date, trying new stuff, new features. I really enjoyed the android 9 update with OneUI. At the moment, I don't really remember what we can expect in Android 10. But probably would have some nice features. I just hope the battery life to not be worst than now.

Actually we already have some stuff, like the dark mode. So there's wont be much in Android 10 I guess for us. I am more curious what OneUI 2.0 will be. Probably not much changes in visual, but will come with more extras and options for personalizations I think.

I also have UK sim card, so I probably will try to join in the beta program when it's open.

PS

So, It's kinda official.

Quote:

Samsung has OFFICIALLY started Q Beta builds. I 100% expect a beta program in the next 2 weeks, as
@SamMobiles
reported

Android 10 Beta:
S10+: G975USQU2ZSID/G975UOYN2ZSID/G975USQU2ZSID
S10: G973USQU2ZSID/G973UOYN2ZSID/G973USQU2ZSID
S10e: G970USQU2ZSID/G970UOYN2ZSID/G970USQU2ZSID

Source: Twitter

Soon after that should start the beta program for Galaxy S9, at least I hope so.
The Following User Says Thank You to Leon For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Leon Ad-Free
21st September 2019, 08:01 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 92

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jogg3r

Speed. There's evidence for better performance on android 10 compared to 9 or 8
The Following User Says Thank You to leonardojt For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift leonardojt Ad-Free
21st September 2019, 11:44 PM |#7  
Flag The Far Side of the Moon
Thanks Meter: 53

More
I think it will be a sad day when Android 10 comes to the S9+ because it means the end of support from Samsung. Only 2 years of firmware updates is pathetic especially for a flagship phone Samsung should be more like apple and look after their customers better.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Tmzdroid For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Tmzdroid Ad-Free
22nd September 2019, 11:55 AM |#8  
OP Senior Member

More
Agreed with you. I feel sad about S8 and Note 8. Such awesome flagships to be left without support...
23rd September 2019, 03:02 PM |#9  
Flag Matamoros
Thanks Meter: 854

Donate to Me
More
In theory, the S9/S9+ line had a better chance of getting an extra year of support because of Treble. We all had hoped that with Treble, Samsung would update their phones faster and for more time. But, doesn't seem like Samsung's announced anything that would change what they've been doing up to now. Seems like we'll only be getting 2 years of updates for this phone too. BUT, the slight 1% possibility is still there that we may go beyond that.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ShaDisNX255 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ShaDisNX255 Ad-Free
23rd September 2019, 08:56 PM |#10  
Flag Jakarta
Thanks Meter: 6

More
My Pixel 2 was update to Android 10. It's more smoothly and the battery life is increased. I feel it!
When first try android 10 on my pixel, Oh man..
How can be my pixel 2 (2017) is more better than my S9+ (2018) even it's 1 years old than the S9+.. LOL
Better in camera, battery life, background apps management, notification management, etc
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mssadewa For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mssadewa Ad-Free
23rd September 2019, 09:22 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 28

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mssadewa

My Pixel 2 was update to Android 10. It's more smoothly and the battery life is increased. I feel it!
When first try android 10 on my pixel, Oh man..
How can be my pixel 2 (2017) is more better than my S9+ (2018) even it's 1 years old than the S9+.. LOL
Better in camera, battery life, background apps management, notification management, etc

Well, the answer of why it is better in these aspects only lies in the fact that they are Google's own devices and therefore its software is optimized to the maximum for that team

Android is for the Pixel what is ios for the iphone
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to brandox0 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift brandox0 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android 10, galaxys9+, galaxys9plus, samsung, update

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)