• I'm okay with android 9, I may not update

Votes: 6 1.8%
  • I don't care about the update at all

Votes: 14 4.1%

• Total voters
Search This thread

Nomado

Jul 17, 2017
So i got imported LG U+ galaxy S9+ and i don't live in South Korea. Last year I acquired LG U+ sim card and inserted into my card to register for the beta through Samsung Members app. I was able to register and participate in android 9 beta.
Today I found out about Android 10 beta, inserted that same sim card and registered and BAM, i have downloaded and installed the beta.
I like it so far except one thing back swiping gesture from the side is really nice but in XDA app, I can't swipe from left to right to bring out side bar. It just makes me go back. So hopefully, they fix it.
Secondly, swiping up from bottom middle and holding it there for recent apps just doesn't feel right. It just feels strange. Other android 10 phones, I used felt much nicer to bring out that recent apps but this beta one just feels strange and broke.

Last edited:

Mr.Januzi

Nov 5, 2015
Ferizaj
So i got imported LG U+ galaxy S9+ and i don't live in South Korea. Last year I acquired LG U+ sim card and inserted into my card to register for the beta through Samsung Members app. I was able to register and participate in android 9 beta.
Today I found out about Android 10 beta, inserted that same sim card and registered and BAM, i have downloaded and installed the beta.
I like it so far except one thing back swiping gesture from the side is really nice but in XDA app, I can't swipe from left to right to bring out side bar. It just makes me go back. So hopefully, they fix it.
Secondly, swiping up from bottom middle and holding it there for recent apps just doesn't feel right. It just feels strange. Other android 10 phones, I used felt much nicer to bring out that recent apps but this beta one just feels strange and broke.

What kind of sim is that? And how do I get one, if possible?

Leon

Dec 31, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S9+
Redmi Note 9
Just sharing my experience with this here.

I think that the India and the UK update.zip are one and the same as we could the see same version in screenshots posted.
When flashing this all that it matters is that you are on firmware version G965FXXU7CSK1 (as stated here before).
It can but it doesn't have to be INS from India. I flashed the latest UK firmware (which is multi-csc and also had SEE csc which is for my region). Probably some other countries are on G965FXXU7CSK1 as well.

I found Samsung SmartSwitch app to be very useful. Because I could back up all my apps, settings and data and later restore it on the new firmware I clean flashed via Odin. And then I flashed update.zip.

Anyway this worked, so thanks everyone with links and guides. :highfive:

Oh lol thanks. Its good to know, probably I look like idiot now, sharing second build, but I wasn't sure if they are similar or there is something different related to the region.

MrHomebrew

Thanks guys!
I've updated to the beta firmware, with the update.zip file & the guide from this thread.

As this is a major android os update, I've made a factory reset (to avoid any possible problems) and everything seems ok.

The only problem is the Play Protect certification status from Play Store (Device is not certified).

Through Play Store search field, I can't even find Netflix app on play store.

I can find it from my Play Store library, although seems that "Your device isn't compatible with this version".

Any ideas how to fix..?
What's your Play Protect certification status?

Here is a nice lil fix for Netflix.

I'm on the Canadian S9+ so hopefully a beta update.zip gets released for our version at some point. By that I mean a US build that Canadians can switch to a US build then use.

NETFLIX FIX BELOW.

DOWNLOAD SAI APP FROM PLAY STORE:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.aefyr.sai

DOWNLOAD THE NETFLIX SAI ZIP FROM HERE:

https://mega.nz/#!z591AYhZ!UkQZMTG_EP3e1SlrsvuQwMrd4mpgHwFnXjqiOHiGjhg

Install Netflix sai ZIP in SAI APP downloaded from above.

Enjoy :p

Reactions: Leon

maik005

Feb 15, 2009
Google Pixel 7a
Can anyone check if we have live focus for video also?
I tried searching in my beta update but can't figure out. Somewhere someone said it was there
No Live Fokus for Video on the S9+ with Beta 1. Which was expected.

I have XEU csc which is unlocked UK, I have the beta programme notification, but when I press enroll, it says server error, i found out that on top it writes : status- withdrawn.
I don't have UK sim but i have a sim which is not related or registered to any CSC.
That is the problem.
You do not only need the right CSC active, you also need the right SIM or Samsung Members would not switch to the right region and let you enroll in the beta program.

Leon

Dec 31, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S9+
Redmi Note 9
So far so good. I love it so much, everything is pretty smooth, the animations are very beautiful. The camera interface is litte buggy though. Would be nice to have live video focus.

maik005

Feb 15, 2009
Google Pixel 7a
Probably it's on my end only or is confusing to me. When you select the front cam and some other mode it's start to flipping between the mods. I hope to make more organized in the last version.

Ok, same here.
But it might be by design.
Other manufactures have that since a long time.
When a Mode does not work with the front camera ist switches to the main one.
But it wont switch back...

So that might not be a bug and intead a feature.
But... I personally do not like that, too.

---------- Post added at 21:27 ---------- Previous post was at 21:26 ----------

I did a factory reset on Android 9 just before updating to Android 10, so a problem on your side could not be the case.

---------- Post added at 21:28 ---------- Previous post was at 21:27 ----------

Sooo, dexonpc works.

yes, but it is not a really nice experience.
Only about 30fps with really high framtime differences.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Screenshot-4.png

Hello everyone!

I decided to make a thread, where we can discuss the upcoming update for our lovely device Galaxy S9+. Maybe it's too early for this discussion, or not? I hope the moderators don't mind... I'm very excited about the update and a little bit frustrated that we will not get the beta first. I may upgrade to Note 10+, but I'm not yet sure, because I love too much my S9+ - the design, the screen, feels like everything is perfect though. Only miss the wide-angle camera :p

The beta program just started! Currently available in India, Korea, and the UK. Thanks to SamMobile we had the first build which you can find below.

The second beta will be available next week, according to SamMobile.

The second beta is out. You can find download links and changelog below.

The third beta is out. You can find download links and changelog below, as usual. The changelog on this one is pretty short and everything looks very stable. I guess is safe to say we can expect very soon stable release.​
    Beta N 5 came out today. You can find links and changelog below, as usual.

Beta N6 is out. Links below.

Samsung has released the Android 10 update for the Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9+. The update is rolling out in Germany at the moment for those who are on Android Pie. Yes, the final build of Android 10 is yet to be released for those who are on the One UI 2.0 beta, though that is probably going to change soon.

Beta Builds

G960F_CSK1_ZSKD (S9) (Beta 1) (Exynos) - LINK

G965F_CSK1_ZSKD (S9+) (Beta 1) (Exynos) - LINK 1 | LINK 2

G960F_ZSKD_ZSL2 (S9) (Beta 2) (Exynos) - LINK 1 | LINK 2

G965F_ZSKD_ZSL2 (S9+) (Beta 2) (Exynos) - LINK 1 | LINK 2

G960F_ZSL2_ZSL9 (S9) (Beta 3) (Exynos) - LINK 1

G965F_ZSL2_ZSL9 (S9+) (Beta 3) (Exynos) - LINK 1

G965F_ZSL9_ZSLC (S9+) (Beta 4) (Exynos) - LINK 1

G965F_ZSLC_ZSLG (S9+) (Beta 4) (HotFix) (Exynos) - LINK 1

G965F_ZSLC_ZTA2 (S9+) (Beta 5) (Exynos) - LINK

G965F_ZTA2_ZTA9 (S9+) (Beta 6) (Exynos) - LINK

G965F_ZTA9_DTAA (S9+) (Stable Version) (Exynos) (The last one) - LINK

Alternative, direct links for the betas 4, 4 Hotfix, 5, and 6: thanks to @mchaimech - LINK

Installation instructions - HERE

About the ROOT, check - this and this

All credits to @sammobile and @henklbr who saved the day!

From where to download the stock firmware

I see people still asking from where to download it, since @sammobile[/user] need premium acc for faster download. There are a few alternatives that are very easy to use and I thought everyone Samsung fan knows them but it seems I was wrong. Gonna share them here.

1. Updato.com
    This is for people who don't want to install any additional software. However, seems full of ads. If that doesn't bother you, use it.

2. SamFirm 0.3.6
    It's deprecated but still working though.

3. Frija
    This is the most updated with very nice interface. I would recommend it.

Mirros to Google Drive with stock firmware:

Android 9 Pie

G965FXXU7CSK1/G965FOXM7CSJ5/G965FXXU7CSJ5/G965FXXU7CSK1

Android 10 Q

G965FXXU7DTAA/G965FOXM7DTAA/G965FXXU7DTA3/G965FXXU7DTAA

G965FXXS9DTD7/G965FOXM9DTD7/G965FXXS9DTD7/G965FXXS9DTD7

G965FXXU9ETF5/G965FOXM9ETF2/G965FXXU9ETF2/G965FXXU9ETF5

G965FXXUCFTJ2/G965FOXMCFTJ2/G965FXXUCFTJ1/G965FXXUCFTJ2

Changelog:

Camera
    • Single Take
    • Pro Video
    • AR Zone (Picture Link, updated AR Emoji, Stickers)
    • AR Doodle
    • My Filters
    • Shot Suggestions
    • Selfie Tone
    • Smooth zoom transition
    • Recording with shutter button in Photo mode
    • Swipe down gesture on the shutter button
    • Night Mode on selfie and telephoto modes

APPs

• My Files – Network Storage
    • Gallery – Quick Crop and Clean View
    • Messages – Categories and custom chat backgrounds
    • Samsung Dex – Snapping windows with mouse
    • Link to Windows/Your Phone – Shared clippoard
    • System
    • Quick Share
    • Music Share
    • Deep sleeping apps
    • Changes in few settings pages
    • More screen zoom options

Keyboard

• New design
    • Better haptic feedback (for example when deleting text)
    • Undo/Redo gestures
    • Spotify and Netflix integration
    • Search, Translate and Samsung Pass were added
    • Changes in Handwriting mode

Notes, related to the beta builds:

1. I think it was a mention somewhere but will write it here also. Both files are in .bin format. You need to rename them in update .zip so you can flash them through stock recovery.

2. You can't flash it directly if you are rooted, need to be completely sock - this includes the stock recovery. Also, you should be on this firmware G965FXXU7CSK1/G965FOXM7CSJ5/G965FXXU7CSJ5/G965FXXU7CSK1. When new beta's come out you will need to flash them as the way they came out, like beta1->beta2 and etc.

3. The USA and Korean builds are not compatible with the rest models. Be careful what you flash on your device. By the tip to remove them to not lead to confusion, I will separate them below in the spoiler. The authors of the files can feel free to make a new thread about the specific device.

Korean Builds

G960N_CSJ1_ZSKD (S9) (Beta 1) (Exynos) - LINK

G965N_ZSKD_ZSL2 (S9+) (Beta 2) (Exynos) - LINK

USA Builds

G965U1_ZSL3 (S9+) (Beta 1) (Snapdragon) - LINK

G965U1_ZSL3_ZSL9 (S9+) (Beta 2) (Snapdragon) - LINK

B]G965U1_ZSL9_ [/B] (S9+) (Beta 3) (Snapdragon) - LINK

Notes, related to Android 10:

• You can't install any more custom fonts on Android 10 unless you are rooted.
      Check the Galaxy store for your favorite font. If it's there you can buy it and use it.
    • Swift Installer, Substratum doesn't work anymore on S9/ S9+ like before.
      You need will the Synergy. However for me isn't working at all, so basically I can't use any substratum theme or mod. On the other hand Hex Installer works very well and I will recommend it.
    • Blocking ads with DNS still working.
    • Technically, there is no reason to not be able to receive OTA, after flashing stable DBT version with Odin. Just make sure you don't use CSC (use HOME_CSC instead) file to wipe everything and break something with your current CSC. I personally flashed CSC file by mistake, my CSC didn't change it but now I can't receive OTA. No big deal for me will flash it manually when there is a new update.
    • OTA files won't wipe anything. Some user reports that his phone is wiped after OTA, but this usually is impossible. A good idea is always to make a backup with Smart Switch before any procedure of this kind.
    • OTA files won't wipe anything. Some user reports that his phone is wiped after OTA, but this usually is impossible. A good idea is always to make a backup with Smart Switch before any procedure of this kind.
    • Yes, ROOT is possible on Android 10. Check THIS thread to see the steps for rooting.
    G965FXXU7ZSLG Android 10/OneUI 2.0 Beta4 HotFix

lvUUMW.jpg

S9+ Beta4 HotFix ZSLC -> ZSLG: G965F_ZSLC_ZSLG (Thanks to SamMobile)
    G965FXXU7ZTA9 Android 10/OneUI 2.0 Beta6

Fcm4C4.png
    3NSARD.jpg

S9+ Beta6 ZTA2 -> ZTA9: G965F_ZTA2_ZTA9 (Thanks to SamMobile)
    G965FXXU7ZSL2 Android 10/OneUI 2.0 Beta2

mf874P.jpg

S9+ Beta2 ZSKD -> ZSL2: G965F_ZSKD_ZSL2 (Thanks to SamMobile)
    G965FXXU3ZSKD Android 10/OneUI 2.0 Beta1

5Uaxo8.png
    etDtyd.jpg

G965F_CSK1_ZSKD (Thanks to SamMobile)

Note: you need to be at this firmware (India - INS)

G965FXXU7CSK1/G965FOXM7CSJ5/G965FXXU7CSJ5/G965FXXU7CSK1