FORUMS

G965U and G965U1 Firmware Links Here

3,223 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,031

By iBowToAndroid, Senior Member on 15th March 2018, 08:13 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
For those who don't know, G965U is the model number of all of the US carrier versions of the Galaxy S9+. The G965U1 is the model number of the same device, but sold by Samsung SIM unlocked and with no carrier bloatware. Firmware is 100% interchangeable among the two models. Any U or U1 firmware version can be flashed to either model device at any time, as long as you're not trying to downgrade the bootloader. A "U to U" or "U1 to U1" flash does not require a factory reset; changing from one firmware to the other will require a wipe.

This is not a "beginner's guide to Odin flashing" type post/thread, so I won't list basic, step-by-step instructions. My threads are geared towards those who already know what they're doing. If you're new to manually flashing Samsung firmware, I recommend you consult one of the "beginner's" posts/threads - there are tons of them here on XDA.

Happy flashing!

U firmware: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=257072
U1 firmware: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=257075

Notes:

- DON'T QUOTE THE OP WHEN YOU REPLY, kthx

- I compress extra small for space and bandwidth savings. The default Windows extractor can't handle it, so you'll need a 3rd party tool like 7zip, WinRAR, etc

- My naming method for Android File Host folders is: build - bootloader - Android version.
So "SAT - 1 - 9.0" means the full build number ends in SAT, it's bootloader version 1, and Android 9.0. When bootloader and Android versions increment, the first build to have those changes will have its folder notated appropriately.

- HOME CSC file keeps data intact; using the other CSC will wipe data.

- I pay for a subscription to a site that gets beta builds and also sometimes gets the official releases before they hit SamFirm, so that's where any of my files come from. I will only be posting versions that I get early access to, and USERDATAs that aren't available on SamFirm or Frija (AT&T). The newest/latest firmware files for all carriers other than AT&T can always be obtained via SamFirm and Frija.

- For USERDATAs (all the others are self explanatory):

AIO = Cricket
CCT = Xfinity Mobile (Comcast)
CHA - Spectrum Mobile (Charter)
TMK = Metro PCS

- the correct procedure for switching from one carrier's firmware to another is:
1. Flash full U1 firmware package including non HOME CSC
2. Upon boot, insert a SIM of the carrier whose firmware you want
3. Watch for the popup that says "reboot to apply new carrier settings" etc, and do it
4. After that restart completes, reboot back to Download mode and flash the full U firmware package, with the USERDATA file of the carrier whose firmware you want
The Following 24 Users Say Thank You to iBowToAndroid For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift iBowToAndroid Ad-Free
15th March 2018, 08:24 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 242

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by iBowToAndroid

Use latest Odin to flash these. The large files will be your 4 part firmware and then grab your desired USERDATA as well. I'll continue to add more versions and more USERDATAs over time.

Happy flashing!

U firmware: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=257072
U1 firmware: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=257075

Notes:

- HOME CSC file keeps data intact; using the other one will wipe data

- SamFirm still works - that's where I'm getting these from

- AIO = Cricket
TMK = Metro PCS
USC = US Cellular

Thank you for this. Download links show as empty folders right now. Also could you post the TMobile firmware?
15th March 2018, 08:32 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Twin Cities MN

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoboBrazil

Thank you for this. Download links show as empty folders right now. Also could you post the TMobile firmware?

There is no such thing as carrier-specific firmware anymore. Starting with the S8, it's all the same, regardless of carrier. USERDATA is where you get your bloatware from. USERDATA for TMB is already uploaded. Full RBG build is 75% uploaded as of right now
The Following User Says Thank You to iBowToAndroid For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift iBowToAndroid Ad-Free
15th March 2018, 09:00 AM |#4  

More
Quote:

There is no such thing as carrier-specific firmware anymore. Starting with the S8, it's all the same, regardless of carrier. USERDATA is where you get your bloatware from. USERDATA for TMB is already uploaded. Full RBG build is 75% uploaded as of right now

Thanks for responding. So if i use the userdata from T-Mobile I'll get the software updates from T-Mobile or will I get the software update for the unlocked s9+?
15th March 2018, 09:36 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
I can only see an empty folder with zero files for the 5U1 version.
15th March 2018, 05:18 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Twin Cities MN

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Thanks for responding. So if i use the userdata from T-Mobile I'll get the software updates from T-Mobile or will I get the software update for the unlocked s9+?

That depends on the firmware that you flash, not the USERDATA. USERDATA only applies to U models. The unlocked model is U1.
15th March 2018, 05:21 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 82

More
Yeah it's empty right now. Is the verizon file available?
15th March 2018, 06:02 PM |#8  
OP Senior Member
Flag Twin Cities MN

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryotgz

Yeah it's empty right now. Is the verizon file available?

No, the folders are not empty.

VZW USERDATA will go up later today
15th March 2018, 06:14 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 64

Donate to Me
More
Removed
15th March 2018, 06:17 PM |#10  

More
Quote:

No, the folders are not empty.

VZW USERDATA will go up later today

Folders still show as empty here too. Check your links. Maybe the files are private?
15th March 2018, 06:37 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Flag Twin Cities MN

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Folders still show as empty here too. Check your links. Maybe the files are private?

There's nothing for U1 yet.

But clicking the link for U shows 2 different folders, with a total of 4 files
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)