Night mode is here for Snapdragon

Search This thread

znel52

Jun 3, 2010
Smart Watches
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Got the July update CSGF on Verizon. Came with night mode Screenshot_20190802-173743_Settings.jpgScreenshot_20190802-173836_Camera.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Reactions: MishaalRahman

scottusa2008

Nov 30, 2008
T-Mobile released CSGB (early this morning... got mine around 1am through manual checking) but it doesn't have night mode for the camera.

So hopefully soon (preferably with August's security patch) they will release it.

znel52

Jun 3, 2010
Smart Watches
Google Pixel 6 Pro
T-Mobile released CSGB (early this morning... got mine around 1am through manual checking) but it doesn't have night mode for the camera.

So hopefully soon (preferably with August's security patch) they will release it.
That sucks hopefully you won't have to wait much longer. The feature isn't really as impressive as i thought it would be. But there is just something about getting new stuff lol

znel52

Jun 3, 2010
Smart Watches
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Actually i retract my statement. For whatever reason the first couple of pictures i took didn't work well perhaps the conditions weren't right. I just took some that worked AWESOME though.

epik808

Dec 28, 2018
Well, had my S9+ for about a week and am not impressed by this phone at all beside it being an Android. For me, Android auto has been a nightmare. Updating to the latest patch and hopefully it fixes some things with Samsung. I use my XS Max more than my S9+ which is a shame,but more reliable in a Carplay sense. Hopefully there are more fixes than just a camera update. Looking forward to this update

---------- Post added at 03:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:02 AM ----------

The night mode in the camera seems to work pretty well. No complaints here. It took a pretty nice dark picture and brightened it up nicely. Nice update so far. Looking forward to what else is new

piehlg92

Jan 20, 2011
Kenosha
Is that the update they dubbed "System Update 14"? I clicked learn more and they only have info for up to 13's.
I just randomly checked about a half hour ago and boom there it was.. But I can't find ANY info ANYWHERE about it. Also on VZW S9+

epik808

Dec 28, 2018
Is that the update they dubbed "System Update 14"? I clicked learn more and they only have info for up to 13's.
I just randomly checked about a half hour ago and boom there it was.. But I can't find ANY info ANYWHERE about it. Also on VZW S9+

Yeah I tried searching during the download and couldn't find anything. Night mode is nice and it's now bootloader 6. That's the only things I found so far

piehlg92

Jan 20, 2011
Kenosha
Yeah I tried searching during the download and couldn't find anything. Night mode is nice and it's now bootloader 6. That's the only things I found so far

You guys, we've HAD night mode. Since first one ui update.. And the charging animation is different when plugging in USB now but what's this you say bout bootloader 6?

MD5Hash

Nov 15, 2010
Madison, WI
I've got an factory unlocked SM-G965U1 which I currently use on T-Mobile. If I find a buddy on Verizon and pop in his SIM, might that mean that I'd get offered the Verizon version of the update, which would include night mode?

I know that method works for getting monthly security updates.

Or is this special feature update ONLY for people on the Verizon-modified rom?

MD5Hash

Nov 15, 2010
Madison, WI
I've got an factory unlocked SM-G965U1 which I currently use on T-Mobile. If I find a buddy on Verizon and pop in his SIM, might that mean that I'd get offered the Verizon version of the update, which would include night mode?

I know that method works for getting monthly security updates.

Or is this special feature update ONLY for people on the Verizon-modified rom?

To answer my own question in case anyone else comes across this in a search, I borrowed a friend's Verizon SIM card, popped it into my Snapdragon/factory-unlocked S9+, and was offered 3 consecutive updates to jump me from a patch level of January 1 (where I started yesterday), then to May/June, then to July 1, then finally to Aug 1 - which is pretty awesome, because the Aug patch was literally just released yesterday.

So, I'm definitely blaming T-Mo for this, because with this Verizon sim, I literally got a day-old Samsung-released update.

However, I didn't get Night Mode. Just the security updates (and the new charging animation). Oh well.

Last edited:

aka120

Sep 18, 2013
Actually i retract my statement. For whatever reason the first couple of pictures i took didn't work well perhaps the conditions weren't right. I just took some that worked AWESOME though.

AT&T finally included night mode with the latest update earlier this month and I really didn't notice much to write home about either...

Until I took this picture last night using night mode (it was pretty dark outside like 10 minutes before the sun set)
20191017_185520.jpg

Top Liked Posts