FORUMS

PSA: disable Mobile Services Manager in System > Apps

746 posts
Thanks Meter: 864

Post Reply Email Thread
NOTE: This might only apply to the Verizon version of the S9/S9+ (SM-G96xU), but for those of you who have this app, disable it.

It's labeled as "Mobile Services Manager" under Settings > Apps (it does not appear in your app drawer in your launcher).

Previously called DT Ignite (or just Ignite), it can and does install apps without your permission as instructed by your carrier. This is in addition to the apps installed on first boot by ConfigAPK (android.autoinstalls.config.samsung) and is guaranteed to just be bloat.

The package name is com.LogiaGroup.LogiaDeck and was found on my device under /system/carrier/priv-app/IgniteVerizon/IgniteVerizon.apk. Without root, you can't delete this package, but you can disable it, which will prevent it from continuing to do its dirty work.
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to psouza4 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift psouza4 Ad-Free
17th March 2018, 04:34 AM |#2  
Flag Wisconsin
Thanks Meter: 69

More
Thx for the tip
17th March 2018, 08:21 AM |#3  
Flag myrtle beach
Thanks Meter: 625

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by psouza4

NOTE: This might only apply to the Verizon version of the S9/S9+ (SM-G96xU), but for those of you who have this app, disable it.

It's labeled as "Mobile Services Manager" under Settings > Apps (it does not appear in your app drawer in your launcher).

Previously called DT Ignite (or just Ignite), it can and does install apps without your permission as instructed by your carrier. This is in addition to the apps installed on first boot by ConfigAPK (android.autoinstalls.config.samsung) and is guaranteed to just be bloat.

The package name is com.LogiaGroup.LogiaDeck and was found on my device under /system/carrier/priv-app/IgniteVerizon/IgniteVerizon.apk. Without root, you can't delete this package, but you can disable it, which will prevent it from continuing to do its dirty work.

Thats a verizon thing Not on sprint version
18th March 2018, 03:08 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 1,145

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robalboa

Thats a verizon thing Not on sprint version

Sprint has it's own app to install software, I think.
18th March 2018, 03:35 AM |#5  
Flag myrtle beach
Thanks Meter: 625

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by meyerweb

Sprint has it's own app to install software, I think.

yes but you can delete it
18th March 2018, 11:59 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 60

More
Has anyone compiled a list of what apps can be deleted, I'm on the sprint version of the galaxy s9+... Thanks in advance!
9th May 2018, 02:00 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
i just removed it using adb shell and this tutorial
2nd July 2018, 08:53 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I found it... SM-G965U - US Cellular:

Force Stop, Storage (clear both), Disable...
mine even uninstalled an update (I didn't perform).
3rd July 2018, 05:47 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 52

More
On AT&T, the package name is: com.dti.att
The Following User Says Thank You to aouni_tahech For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift aouni_tahech Ad-Free
4th July 2018, 03:39 AM |#10  
Flag Iligan City
Thanks Meter: 12

Donate to Me
More
same here Globe in Philippines its just labeled as DT IGNITE, consumed too much data without us knowing its dirty work. d**n carrier

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S9+ using XDA Labs
22nd July 2018, 08:27 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hi there. Does anyone know what the app is called for Spectrum Mobile? As far as I know, Spectrum cell service is a relatively new thing (at least here in BFE) so I'll understand if no one is sure. Don't know if it matters or not, but they run off Verizon. Thanks in advance for any advice. I am completely new to any sort of tweaking/customization other than changing some settings here and there. (Basically just being a wimp with a leased phone.) I'm interested in learning all I can, or all I can without voiding the warranty. Lol. Thanks all and sorry if I sound clueless.

Update: still looking on my new phone for possibilities but I did just get on my S7 Edge from Verizon and found Mobile Services Manager using Package Disabler Pro. Wow! Those permissions were ridiculous.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
bloat, ignite

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)