FORUMS

SM-G965U G965USQS4CSC8 & SM-G965U1 G965U1UEU4CSC7 Apr-21-19 Official PIE Firmware

1,323 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,648

By rmarinella, Senior Member on 12th October 2018, 11:44 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Introduction:
Quote:

Download official G965USQS4CSC8 (carrier) and G965U1UEU4CSC7 (unlocked) firmware for the SM-G965U and SM-G965U1 here. You can flash either onto a SM-G965U or SM-G965U1 using the patched Odin linked below. Flashing back and forth is safe because they are both on bootloader version 4.

Patch Level:
Quote:

Carrier SM-G965U 04-01-19 (CSC8)
Unlocked SM-G965U1 03-01-19 (CSC7)

So, what is userdata?
Quote:

A lot of people think this is carrier bloat only. However, userdata also contains the files necessary to activate carrier specific features. Without it, you may not be able utilize all of the carrier features that the phone is capable of providing. Please note that carrier userdata may not be available for your carrier.

SM-G965U1 (unlocked version) users read here:
Quote:

Drawbacks of flashing carrier version G965USQS4CSC8 firmware on the unlocked phone (SM-G965U1):

• CallerID no longer works unless you subscribe to carriers CallerID service.
  • Installs carrier bloat.

Benefits of flashing carrier version G965USQS4CSC8 firmware on the unlocked version phone (SM-G965U1):
  • Will enable all carrier specific features (video calling, etc, etc).

SM-G965U (carrier version) users read here:
Quote:

Drawbacks of flashing unlocked version G965U1UEU4CSC7 firmware on the carrier version phone (SM-G965U):

• Will disable all carrier specific features (video calling, etc, etc).

Benefits of flashing unlocked version G965U1UEU4CSC7 firmware on the carrier version phone (SM-G965U):
  • CallerID works without subscribing to carriers CallerID service.
  • Eliminates carrier bloat.

Installation Instructions:
Quote:

Reboot to download mode:

1. Power off your Galaxy S9 Plus completely until it vibrates.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Down + Bixby + Power buttons simultaneously. Release the buttons when you see the warning message.
  3. Now just press Volume up button to continue.
  4. Congratulations, you're now in download mode.
Connect your phone to your PC:
  1. Start the patched Odin 3.13.1 that you downloaded from the provided link.
  2. Plug the cord your phone came with into your phone and PC. Other cords may not work.
  3. The Odin log will display a <ID:0/005> Added!! message once it connects.
Flash the firmware:
  1. First, extract the compressed firmware to a folder on your PC.
  2. In Odin, begin with the BL (bootloader) box, navigate to the firmware folder and select the file beginning with BL_.
  3. Wait for each file to initialize and appear to the right of its corresponding box before attempting to proceed to the next step.
  4. Now select the AP (Application Processor aka System) box, it should open the correct folder, then select the file beginning with AP_.
  5. AP takes a while to initialize, don't worry.
  6. Now select the CP (Core Processor aka modem) box, then select the file beginning with CP_.
  7. Now select the CSC (Consumer Software Customization aka Carrier Settings) box, then select the file beginning with CSC_.
  8. Choose HOME_CSC to not wipe your phone, or CSC_ (preferred option when switching between unlocked and carrier versions) to wipe your phone .
  9. Optionally, select the userdata (User Data) box, then select the file beginning with USERDATA_.
  10. Now, click start and wait for the magic.
  11. Disconnect the cord when the phone reboots.
  12. The phone should boot to recovery to automatically cleanup, then reboot again.

Downloads:
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to rmarinella For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rmarinella Ad-Free
13th October 2018, 07:11 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I v just one question. How do I restore a tripped knox after flashing or restore my flash count to zero?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
13th October 2018, 10:15 AM |#3  
Flag Las Vegas, NV
Thanks Meter: 53

Donate to Me
More
Got a non-Android File host mirror? They're slow or not working for me at all no matter what mirror of theirs I choose.
13th October 2018, 06:36 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by samson007

I v just one question. How do I restore a tripped knox after flashing or restore my flash count to zero?

Tripped knox is forever. There is a fuse that blows on the phone. That said, there are workarounds on rooted phones (you might as well stay rooted). Try looking for edits for the build.prop to restore functionality to Samsung Health and other affected apps. Dr Ketan still makes ROMs I believe and should have something for you.
The Following User Says Thank You to rmarinella For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rmarinella Ad-Free
13th October 2018, 10:53 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member

More
NLA
14th October 2018, 05:47 AM |#7  

More
Then I won't root. The only reason I want to root is because I need to use mod apps like Spotify but sadly all the ones v been downloading never worked. Can you help me out please. Thank you
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmarinella

Tripped knox is forever. There is a fuse that blows on the phone. That said, there are workarounds on rooted phones (you might as well stay rooted). Try looking for edits for the build.prop to restore functionality to Samsung Health and other affected apps. Dr Ketan still makes ROMs I believe and should have something for you.

14th October 2018, 07:18 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 244

More
Quote:

Then I won't root. The only reason I want to root is because I need to use mod apps like Spotify but sadly all the ones v been downloading never worked. Can you help me out please. Thank you

I don't want to be rude, but your question was answered already. You can't untrip the know counter. It's an actual fuse, that physically becomes blown. This isn't a software setting, but an actual, physical fuse.

It goes back to the days of people using exploits, and in rare cases would damage their phone in the process, but the phone worked enough to relock the bootloader. Then the person would send their phone back and blame it on the manufacturer. So now Samsung decided to put in an actual fuse so that if you decide to unlock it, your warrenty is permanently void.

Bottom line, your out of luck. I know any unlock would have given a warning that it is PERMANENT and that it would VOID YOUR WARRENTY. Wether you read it and ignored the warning, or didn't bother to read it, it's on you for unlocking your bootloader.
The Following User Says Thank You to todd3835 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift todd3835 Ad-Free
14th October 2018, 07:25 AM |#9  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by todd3835

I don't want to be rude, but your question was answered already. You can't untrip the know counter. It's an actual fuse, that physically becomes blown. This isn't a software setting, but an actual, physical fuse.

It goes back to the days of people using exploits, and in rare cases would damage their phone in the process, but the phone worked enough to relock the bootloader. Then the person would send their phone back and blame it on the manufacturer. So now Samsung decided to put in an actual fuse so that if you decide to unlock it, your warrenty is permanently void.

Bottom line, your out of luck. I know any unlock would have given a warning that it is PERMANENT and that it would VOID YOUR WARRENTY. Wether you read it and ignored the warning, or didn't bother to read it, it's on you for unlocking your bootloader.

Yea I remember those days... Well truth is I haven't rooted.. I was considering it until I read the warranty part... My point is, the reason I want it rooted is because I want to use some modded applications. I researched further and found out I could use some without even rooting. So i tried downloading Spotify mod app, but unfortunately it didn't work. I couldn't get recent application for it, what I kept getting was an outdated mod app. In all it didn't work. So am asking if there's a way to use mod apps without rooting the phone. Thank you

14th October 2018, 07:33 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 244

More
Quote:

Yea I remember those days... Well truth is I haven't rooted.. I was considering it until I read the warranty part... My point is, the reason I want it rooted is because I want to use some modded applications. I researched further and found out I could use some without even rooting. So i tried downloading Spotify mod app, but unfortunately it didn't work. I couldn't get recent application for it, what I kept getting was an outdated mod app. In all it didn't work. So am asking if there's a way to use mod apps without rooting the phone. Thank you

You'll have to wait until someone mods the latest app. Or, you could just pay for Spotify. For the record, I used to use a modded Spotify, and they typically patch within a day or two of a modded apk being released. They may have finally switched to server side authentication which is why your likely not seeing an updated version. I stopped bothering because it's just a cat and mouse game. I didn't feel like Spotify was worth it, so I moved on.

I find Google Play Music is a better deal. I get add-free YouTube, and all the same music as Spotify, for the same price.

On a side note, I don't believe Xda allows modded apks that bypass paid features. There are sites that cater to such things, but I'm pretty sure it's a no-no here. They tend to support devs / companies as opposed to cheating them out of money.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to todd3835 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift todd3835 Ad-Free
15th October 2018, 05:58 AM |#11  
Hi dude, I have 2 questions, I just buy S9+ 965U sprint unlock running U3ARH7 can I flash this 965U1's fw? and What is CSC in U1 fw? thanks
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
firmware

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)