FORUMS

Outdoor visibility (max brightness)

810 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,934

By XDA_RealLifeReview, RealLifeReview Dude on 26th February 2018, 07:30 PM | Average Rating:
Post Reply Email Thread
Rate this thread to express how well you can see the Samsung Galaxy S9+'s display outdoors. In case you've been playing Minecraft for 18 months straight, you might not known how to get outside anymore. Well, find the door and walk through it. A higher rating indicates that it has very high maximum brightness and thus fantastic outdoor visibility in direct sunlight.

Then, drop a comment if you have anything to add!
The Following User Says Thank You to XDA_RealLifeReview For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift XDA_RealLifeReview Ad-Free
10th March 2018, 11:58 AM |#2  
Flag Stockholm
Thanks Meter: 19

More
Really bright and vivid screen. Super shiny though so at times it can be hard to see the screen because of the reflections.
21st May 2018, 03:53 PM |#3  
Flag Hong Kong
Thanks Meter: 48

More
No viewing issues till date as the screen does crank up very high outdoors.
21st May 2018, 07:13 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 59

More
Outdoor visibility is great especially with Samsung their contrast that changes when it notices your in a bright lit area
28th August 2019, 09:35 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
These days i'm on the beach and the max brightness kicks in for ~2min from standby then it returns to normal brightness and i struggle to see on the screen. Thats in direct sunlight. I dont know why and how to enable to max when in sunlight.its very disappointing. Its from the heat? I use auto brightness and max brightness kicks in for a couple of min but then it dims and i cant use it . When i adjust the bar it says optimised for sun visibility. But it clearly isnt. All this in normal use.browsing ,some photos,whatsapp...
So for me its disapointing. This is when i need the max brightness most and it let me down
3rd November 2019, 05:55 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Been using the phone for over a year now in a Tropical Country and even in direct sunlight I have absolutely no issues with the brightness. The phone automatically cranks the display upto it's full potential when it senses a bright environment. Really can't expect it to be any better.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)