Overall love

Search This thread

.Slane.

Nov 16, 2010
I really like my S9+ which costed 559€ mid November 2018. Switching from an old S4 very slow with the latest ROM (5.0.1).
I had some quirks at beginning (GPS witch doesn't work in Eco Mode when I'm running) but now it's OK (switch to normal mode when running)
The S9+ is fast, have a good battery, very nice screen, is not too big, have Led notifications, Jack, very fast USB-3 with very low bloatware (It's a no carrier version).
My "cons" are : I really prefer a flat screen, curved screen is .. "meuw" and fingerprint in back isn't useable when phone is placed on table.

Last edited:

RdT21

Jul 26, 2016
Puerto Princesa City
Overall I love my S9+. Was an LG fan before because of the G2 and the double tap. Had a G4 but was burned with the issue on the motherboard. Was able to claim a warranty but after a few months it also conked out. Bought a Huaweie P9 Plus then but had bacd experience with the camera opening unintentionally because of the overly sensitive touch and had a minor electric shock sometimes when holding it. Gave it to my son when the G2 failed on him. Got me an LG V20 but the battery is quite below average indeed and too bulky for me.

Like the fast and smooth operation of the S9+ so far. Best screen in a a phone compared with my LG's. Signal, calling, wi-fi, bluetooth all have no problems so far. Updates are faster vs the LG by a mile. The LED notification, AOD and Edge lightning are nice as well although the former two features are present with the LG as well. One UI is way better than LG's skin as well.

No issue with it except I wanted maybe a 4,00mah battery still hehe, I am a heavy data user so maybe that drains the battery readily especially in WQHD resolution so I usually use FHD+ resolution now. The fingerprint scanner could have been bigger as well but not really a problem.

tompika72

Oct 7, 2009
Vienna
Sooo... It´s gona be probably the most unpopular post, but... Anyway. I´ve been a huge Samsung fan, bought the Note 1,2,3,4 and loved them to pieces. As a tattoo artist i loved the S-pen, for quick sketches on the go, and also the exchangeable battery. And then Samsung started to produce the Note series with built-in batteries so i stopped using Samsung as i would never pay 800 euros for a phone with built-in battery. After my last Note4 died i bought a Honor 7x and later a Honor 8x. I´ve been blown away literally from the price/quality ratio of these budget chinese phones. Four weeks ago i got a brand new S9+ as a present (i literally didn´t know anything about this model apart from the specs i found on the net) got sort of excited to have a Samsung again so i gave away my 8x. It was a bad decision, a too early step. I´m using this piece of junk for 4 weeks now and I couldn´t be more disappointed. (Before someone would assume it´s fake, no it´s not a knock off, original Samsung device from Austria´s biggest provider.). Let´s start. It´s incredibly ugly, old school looking phone. Any of those 200-300 euro chinese phones from Xiaomi, Honor, Huawei put this crap to shame. If i compare it to my gf´s Huawei Mate 20 Pro, i have to laugh. It looks like it´s a 6 years old model. The on screen time compared to my Honor 8x is a joke. Pros and cons... Cons. Almost everything. Ugly, old school, thick, absolutely not what someone can expect from a relatively expensive phone. Pros. Hmmmm, difficult. Not a lot of bloatware, and the camera is slightly better than the 8x´s camera although mediocre. But that´s all. I already ordered my Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro, cannot wait to get rid of this overhyped, overpriced piece of sh.t.

RdT21

Jul 26, 2016
Puerto Princesa City
Sooo... It´s gona be probably the most unpopular post, but... Anyway. I´ve been a huge Samsung fan, bought the Note 1,2,3,4 and loved them to pieces. As a tattoo artist i loved the S-pen, for quick sketches on the go, and also the exchangeable battery. And then Samsung started to produce the Note series with built-in batteries so i stopped using Samsung as i would never pay 800 euros for a phone with built-in battery. After my last Note4 died i bought a Honor 7x and later a Honor 8x. I´ve been blown away literally from the price/quality ratio of these budget chinese phones. Four weeks ago i got a brand new S9+ as a present (i literally didn´t know anything about this model apart from the specs i found on the net) got sort of excited to have a Samsung again so i gave away my 8x. It was a bad decision, a too early step. I´m using this piece of junk for 4 weeks now and I couldn´t be more disappointed. (Before someone would assume it´s fake, no it´s not a knock off, original Samsung device from Austria´s biggest provider.). Let´s start. It´s incredibly ugly, old school looking phone. Any of those 200-300 euro chinese phones from Xiaomi, Honor, Huawei put this crap to shame. If i compare it to my gf´s Huawei Mate 20 Pro, i have to laugh. It looks like it´s a 6 years old model. The on screen time compared to my Honor 8x is a joke. Pros and cons... Cons. Almost everything. Ugly, old school, thick, absolutely not what someone can expect from a relatively expensive phone. Pros. Hmmmm, difficult. Not a lot of bloatware, and the camera is slightly better than the 8x´s camera although mediocre. But that´s all. I already ordered my Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro, cannot wait to get rid of this overhyped, overpriced piece of sh.t.
Hahaha. Looks like a troll.

S9 plus inferior to Honor 8X?! wtf. Camera mediocre? Double wtf!

Mate 20pro is prolly better but the rest of what you mentioned? Yeah right.

Sent from my Samsung using Tapatalk

tompika72

Oct 7, 2009
Vienna

Not a troll. I finally got rid of this brick. What a shame on Samsung to produce a phone like the S9+ for that ridiculous amount... I have my Redmi Note 8 pro, i paid a funny 199 euros for it, and it is actually a better phone in almost every sense. Looks better, the camera is better, the SOT is double (if not more) of the S9+, the UI is better... Well, Samsung has an S-Amoled screen which is supposed to be better (and i guess it is) than the IPS screen of the Note 8 pro, but i don´t really care about it, as the Note´s screen is bigger which is important for me and still great.

Reactions: Mr. JAVI

RdT21

Jul 26, 2016
Puerto Princesa City
Not a troll. I finally got rid of this brick. What a shame on Samsung to produce a phone like the S9+ for that ridiculous amount... I have my Redmi Note 8 pro, i paid a funny 199 euros for it, and it is actually a better phone in almost every sense. Looks better, the camera is better, the SOT is double (if not more) of the S9+, the UI is better... Well, Samsung has an S-Amoled screen which is supposed to be better (and i guess it is) than the IPS screen of the Note 8 pro, but i don´t really care about it, as the Note´s screen is bigger which is important for me and still great.
2019 phone vs 2018. Why not compare s10plus vs your redmi note 8 pro. Ir better yet Note 10 plus vs Note 8 afterall that is what redmi note 8 pro wants to target.

Redmi Note 8 pro better camera? What is its dxomark rating? What does expert say? Oh yeah. Not that great.
https://m.gsmarena.com/xiaomi_redmi_note_8_pro-review-1997p5.php

If you really think your phone is better then that is okay. But no need to bash. That's just too negative.

Calling one of the widely recognized best phone of 2018 **** is indeed trolling.

ddjr

May 24, 2015
Third day I've had mine and I notice a crack on the back glass just above the camera. I am hyper-careful with this phone, are they particularly "brittle"?

Jogg3r

Feb 13, 2015
Huawei P30 Pro
Third day I've had mine and I notice a crack on the back glass just above the camera. I am hyper-careful with this phone, are they particularly "brittle"?

Dropped mine hundred times. Not a single Crack or scratch on my S9+. The phone is pretty solid I guess. But I'm using it with a case. Samsung standing protective cover. Give it a try. This case is super functional with good grip!

And back to topic. Yes I love this phone. Especially the look without notch or punch hole. For me still one of the prettiest phones out there. I upgraded to Q from Oreo few days ago and not it's like having a new phone due to features like camera night mode, dark mode,... Easily one more year ?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Yes, yes, it's possible to love a phone. Heck, you sleep next to it, don't you? Rate this thread to indicate your love for the Samsung Galaxy S9+, all things considered. A higher rating indicates that the Samsung Galaxy S9+ is an incredible phone that you enjoy tremendously. You love it. :eek:

Then, drop a comment if you have anything to add!
    Also, I forgot to mention that I ordered my S9+ from clove on Feb 28th. The phones shipped March 6th, but clove did not get the coral Blue variant, so they ended up shipping my package on Mar 16th, only to get delayed by FedEx due to severe weather conditions as well as the exploding parcel in USA, with me finally getting my hands on it on March 22nd, and that is with me heading to the FedEx location and pickup myself. So yeah, due to this series of delays, I was getting too anticipated to get that parcel that I literally couldn't do anything properly for the past 2 weeks.
    Anyways, I hope fellow ppl who still haven't received their packages to have better luck than what I have had. ;)