FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Screen on time

975 posts
Thanks Meter: 898

By XDA_RealLifeReview, RealLifeReview Dude on 26th February 2018, 06:30 PM | Average Rating:
Post Reply Email Thread
It's amazing how much we actually use our phones in a given day, especially when we watch "videos"! Rate this thread to express how many hours of screen-on time you can get on the Samsung Galaxy S9+ before depleting the battery.

Then, drop a comment if you have anything to add!

10th March 2018, 06:22 AM |#2  
Flag Stockholm
Thanks Meter: 16

More
I go my phone on thursday the 8th and I'm currently I'm getting about 3-4h of SOT.
I would say I'm a pretty heavy user, a lot of Podcasts, Spotify and Youtube (I've installed the Vanced version of Youtube).
I'm also not running the phone on 2k but 1080p settings. I have yet to enable batterysaving mode but I might try having it on medium where it limits CPU power to 70% and decreases background tasks.
Over night when its not plugged in i'm loosing about 1.4% per hour, during the day when I'm using it about 10-11% per hour.
Not really that impressed by it to be honest.
Although I'm coming from a Mi MAX that was designed for batterylife and that I modded to be as efficent as possible.

The phone is not rooted but I've just installed SABS, BK Disabler so I'll be disabling some bloat (I don't use SHealth, GearVR etc) and I'll see if it Improves when the phone stablizes over the coming days.

---------- Post added at 07:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:14 AM ----------

I'm getting about 3-4h of SOT with an unrooted Galaxy S9+. No power saving modes enabled and a lot of use such as Podcasts, Youtube, Spotify and such.
The Following User Says Thank You to remb For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift remb Ad-Free
13th March 2018, 06:37 PM |#3  
Flag Prague
Thanks Meter: 22

More
I am a heavy user. Today is my first full day with the phone. I restored the apps from Samsung cloud, and the messages from other phone using dongle. Yesterday I managed to fully charge the phone after restoring and configuration and it seemed fine as I achieved around 4hours sot and plugged the phone with remaining 20% battery. Today the battery went dead in below 3hours of sot and it was before 17:00, phone was unplugged around 8:00. This is not bad. This is shocking. I will maybe factory reset and restore everything from cloud, if the battery life won't improve, I will be giving the phone back..I have 6,5h of SOT on Pixel 2 XL which is satysfying. I was hoping to get around 5, but 2.5 is unacceptable.
14th March 2018, 06:03 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 731

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by boober78

I was hoping to get around 5, but 2.5 is unacceptable.

Samsung is always like that at the beginning. Leave it to do it's thing and then check in a couple of days.
14th March 2018, 06:07 PM |#5  
Flag Prague

More
That's not my first Samsung, and I've never experienced that big battery consumption
14th March 2018, 06:17 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Started of on my first charges with around 7hr sot, ended with the last two on around 3-4hrs, super confusing. I feel like the phone is draining so much in the background, so if i dont use it i wont get good enough SOT.

s9+ btw. Heavy user, snapchat/reddit gifs etc.
14th March 2018, 07:57 PM |#7  
Flag Ottawa
Thanks Meter: 217

More
Are you guys using the exynos or snapdragon version of this phone?

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
14th March 2018, 09:37 PM |#8  
Flag Prague

More
Exynos in my case. 7% batt with 3,5h SOT. That's a huge disappointment
The Following User Says Thank You to boober78 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift boober78 Ad-Free
14th March 2018, 11:17 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
23% with 5hr 18min screen time, 10hrs since charge. Also 3hrs of apple music and 1 hr YouTube over cellular.

I'm really happy with that.
15th March 2018, 08:51 AM |#11  
Flag Tehran
Thanks Meter: 708

More
No complains here. The battery life is not outstanding but it is definitely acceptable.

When i turned on the device it had like 50-ish % juice and it managed to hold for like 6hours. Obviously not 6 h of SoT but just was using it on and off, installing apps, moving data, playing some media, etc...

Now its my first cycle since fully charged and i'm sitting at 50% with 4 hours of SoT. I did not do any gaming tho.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)