FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Working GCam Port for Galaxy S9/S9+!

1,277 posts
Thanks Meter: 213

By xterminater07, Senior Member on 15th March 2018, 11:41 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
the latest version of toylan: https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/a....4.1-test4.apk. seems to work without major tinting at all.

It will force close if you don't do the following steps: click and hold on the icon to let the "3d" menu comes up and chose take a selfie, the app will run. Then go to the settings, set to pixel 2 xl for the model, and the hdr+ set to auto, jpeg quality to 100% and hdr+ to super high. Close from memory, force stop it, and then clear cache. Run the app again and it will work fine It is a tad dull, and indoor it looks warmer, and outdoor slighter blue than stock. But images are much more saturated in color.

Alright, this OP has been updated to include FINALLY a working version of Gcam for the Snapdragon variant of the S9 Plus! https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/a...n_v2.8_Exy.apk. Thank you so much for Idan, and his incredible work. All gcam prior to this suffers horribly on white balance until now. I have been testing rigorously with IDan and providing logs. The only thing to change in this version is set your exposure to X8 or X4 depending on your preference, change hdr+ processing to Pixel 2017, front camera to Pixel 2 XL. Front portrait some times work but it lags badly, and also front hdr+ normal camera sometimes crashes as well. This is not a stable version but it is the best version and it's amazing compared to stock now.

Hopefully soon IDan can get the portrait right
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to xterminater07 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xterminater07 Ad-Free

16th March 2018, 02:26 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 92

More
Won't save images.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to scottricketts For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift scottricketts Ad-Free
16th March 2018, 03:51 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 1,798

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottricketts

Won't save images.

Same issue.. Snapdragon S9+
The Following User Says Thank You to lightninbug For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift lightninbug Ad-Free
16th March 2018, 04:40 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Mine kept crashing. Saying Camera has stopped. Cleared cache and all.
S9+ Exynos
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sukarnos For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Sukarnos Ad-Free
16th March 2018, 06:02 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member

More
It works fine for me on snap, but I cannot guarantee for exynos or even snap variants again. I am on unlocked snap version. I wil try a dif settings tomorrow.
16th March 2018, 02:03 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 27

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sukarnos

Mine kept crashing. Saying Camera has stopped. Cleared cache and all.
S9+ Exynos

Same here

I wish someone port it for s9+ exynos

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to abuleen For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift abuleen Ad-Free
16th March 2018, 05:17 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member

More
Sorry for the exynos users, but miniuser made it specifically for his exynos s7 edge though. Maybe the cpu is so different?
16th March 2018, 05:33 PM |#8  
Flag Boca Raton, FL
Thanks Meter: 310

More
Very buggy. Very little works and pictures don't get saved. Hopefully we'll get a working version soon
The Following User Says Thank You to le0.br4zuc4 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift le0.br4zuc4 Ad-Free
17th March 2018, 06:03 AM |#9  
OP Senior Member

More
I have updated the original post, this should work because I tested it multiple time on my unlocked Snapdragon version.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xterminater07 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xterminater07 Ad-Free
17th March 2018, 12:57 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 124

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xterminater07

I have updated the original post, this should work because I tested it multiple time on my unlocked Snapdragon version.

The current updated settings work nicely without any crash (s9+ tmobile) . But when I try to even make the smallest changes like turn off shutter sound it will crash the app every time, forcing me to clear data and cache.

Also, can we get an option to save to SD?
17th March 2018, 01:51 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 22

More
Working but blue tint for sure.

It's a start, thanks!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)