FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Working GCam Port for Galaxy S9/S9+!

1,364 posts
Thanks Meter: 316

By xterminater07, Senior Member on 15th March 2018, 11:41 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
July 27, 2018:

After multiple MULTIPLE trial and error we finally got hdr+ enhanced to work! https://drive.google.com/open?id=1iW...OkA3KX6_y9Vx37 . Portrait mode is still wonky, live preview lags like crazy, and sometimes it takes a picture sometimes it does not and we are having very difficulty to figuring out why it's doing that. If anyone have an idea, please chime in. Enjoy, same config as previous version should work.

July 22, 2018:

Here is the apk for people to start enjoying shooting. I was going to hold out until more fixes but I rather let people enjoy taking photos accurately: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cVd...w?usp=drivesdk. Note: This is strictly for Snapdragon 845 S9/S9+ only. Please do not ask why it does not work on Exynos. If it does then you're golden.

Settings to use: Model - Pixel 2 XL. JPEG quality - 100%. Enable toggle for 2016 pixel zsl. Close app from memory and reopen it.

Bugs:
HDR+ enhanced do not work.
Front HDR+ shows perfect live preview but when you snap pic it force closed.
Portrait front does nothing.
Portrait rear live preview slower than molasses but it work.

If any dev wants to work on this, they are more than welcome to but give credits to defcomg and myself please. Without defcomg, none of this could happen!

HUGE UPDATE: A stable semi-working version of GCam has now work for the Snap 845 S9 and S9+!! Thanks to defcomg ofcourse, so please PLEASE donate to him for his countless hours. I will also accept donation as of now so I can purchase new devices to test versions of Gcam!

Link will be provided once bugs are sorted through.

Paypal: https://www.paypal.me/xterminater07
The Following 27 Users Say Thank You to xterminater07 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xterminater07 Ad-Free

16th March 2018, 02:26 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 93

More
Won't save images.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to scottricketts For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift scottricketts Ad-Free
16th March 2018, 03:51 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 1,800

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottricketts

Won't save images.

Same issue.. Snapdragon S9+
The Following User Says Thank You to lightninbug For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift lightninbug Ad-Free
16th March 2018, 04:40 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Mine kept crashing. Saying Camera has stopped. Cleared cache and all.
S9+ Exynos
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sukarnos For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Sukarnos Ad-Free
16th March 2018, 06:02 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member

More
It works fine for me on snap, but I cannot guarantee for exynos or even snap variants again. I am on unlocked snap version. I wil try a dif settings tomorrow.
16th March 2018, 02:03 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 27

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sukarnos

Mine kept crashing. Saying Camera has stopped. Cleared cache and all.
S9+ Exynos

Same here

I wish someone port it for s9+ exynos

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to abuleen For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift abuleen Ad-Free
16th March 2018, 05:17 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member

More
Sorry for the exynos users, but miniuser made it specifically for his exynos s7 edge though. Maybe the cpu is so different?
16th March 2018, 05:33 PM |#8  
Flag Boca Raton, FL
Thanks Meter: 310

More
Very buggy. Very little works and pictures don't get saved. Hopefully we'll get a working version soon
The Following User Says Thank You to le0.br4zuc4 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift le0.br4zuc4 Ad-Free
17th March 2018, 06:03 AM |#9  
OP Senior Member

More
I have updated the original post, this should work because I tested it multiple time on my unlocked Snapdragon version.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xterminater07 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xterminater07 Ad-Free
17th March 2018, 12:57 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 124

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xterminater07

I have updated the original post, this should work because I tested it multiple time on my unlocked Snapdragon version.

The current updated settings work nicely without any crash (s9+ tmobile) . But when I try to even make the smallest changes like turn off shutter sound it will crash the app every time, forcing me to clear data and cache.

Also, can we get an option to save to SD?
17th March 2018, 01:51 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 22

More
Working but blue tint for sure.

It's a start, thanks!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)