FORUMS

Need help with creating Boot Animations for Samsung

12 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By ilan0098, Junior Member on 8th March 2020, 05:50 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
So as you guys probably know , Samsung's OS is a bit different than other roms and and therefore I can't install the specific boot animation I want , because it requires QMG and the boot animation I want is a ZIP file , if anyone can help me to convert it from ZIP to QMG or just do that for me , it would be much appreciated , thanks in advance
8th March 2020, 01:01 PM |#2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag VT
Thanks Meter: 4,064

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilan0098

So as you guys probably know , Samsung's OS is a bit different than other roms and and therefore I can't install the specific boot animation I want , because it requires QMG and the boot animation I want is a ZIP file , if anyone can help me to convert it from ZIP to QMG or just do that for me , it would be much appreciated , thanks in advance

Google can be your friend on this one. You need to make them image by image in png format. Then use whatever Samsung uses it does. You can't just convert a zip to qmg.
If it was absolutely that simple every one would be making them. There are guides out there. But tedious work.
8th March 2020, 08:23 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I tried googling but this stuff is complicated for me and it could be cool if anyone would do that for me or atleast help me with that cuz I didnt really understand everything
25th March 2020, 12:31 AM |#4  
Flag Louisville
Thanks Meter: 182

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilan0098

I tried googling but this stuff is complicated for me and it could be cool if anyone would do that for me or atleast help me with that cuz I didnt really understand everything

I used to have a zip file that enables the use of boot animations in .zip format it's old coming from Lollipop era try searching the file name Lollipop Bootanimation Zip Enabler in Google you should be able to find old posts and links about it
If you decide to do this always remember to backup everything since you'll be flashing a zip file in twrp to enable the option to use bootanimation.zip
26th March 2020, 01:41 PM |#5  
Flag Matamoros
Thanks Meter: 883

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdinM30

I used to have a zip file that enables the use of boot animations in .zip format it's old coming from Lollipop era try searching the file name Lollipop Bootanimation Zip Enabler in Google you should be able to find old posts and links about it
If you decide to do this always remember to backup everything since you'll be flashing a zip file in twrp to enable the option to use bootanimation.zip

I've seen that, pretty outdated and I think has some issues on the Android versions not mentioned on that post. What I noticed is that all that zip does is replace the bin/bootanimation file. If my crazy noob logic tells me something, I'm thinking that it may be possible to get a bin/bootanimation file from AOSP and replace it on current Samsung firmware to try to bring back bootanimation.zip support. It prooooooooobably won't work but it's funny to think about
The Following User Says Thank You to ShaDisNX255 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ShaDisNX255 Ad-Free
26th March 2020, 09:24 PM |#6  
Flag Louisville
Thanks Meter: 182

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaDisNX255

I've seen that, pretty outdated and I think has some issues on the Android versions not mentioned on that post. What I noticed is that all that zip does is replace the bin/bootanimation file. If my crazy noob logic tells me something, I'm thinking that it may be possible to get a bin/bootanimation file from AOSP and replace it on current Samsung firmware to try to bring back bootanimation.zip support. It prooooooooobably won't work but it's funny to think about

Yes it does i found the file from my Note 4 backup lol but it's encrypted i opened it with notepad++ i bought the s9+ korean version i'll be rooting it later next week i'm going to mess around with it to see if the bootanimation zip enabler works on Pie
27th March 2020, 11:39 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 90

More
Hi,

I've been looking for a while now to flash custom boot animations. There are tutorials, but I don't dare start well. Unfortunately, not many, if any, custom bootanimations are in qmg format.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G965F met Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 11:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:36 PM ----------

I also searched behind a Magisk or Exposed module, which could fix this, but I don't think there is one.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G965F met Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)