FORUMS

S9+ 120fps Camera Mod? (request)

3 posts
Thanks Meter: 1

By MattL600, Junior Member on 4th May 2020, 01:36 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
The A50 has just recieved a 120fps camera mod.

There are numerous sources that confirm that the S9 is capable of this.
[Unfortunately as i am a lurker and do not have an account i cannot post links yet so you will have to search yourselves but the sources are numerous]

It is quite obvious that Samsung limited this feature, perhaps in order to segment their branding or because they felt that it was too unstable.

Does anyone know if there is an existing mod for this?
I have a 144hz monitor and would love to start capturing footage I can watch at a higher framerate.

Thanks
5th May 2020, 03:17 AM |#2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag VT
Thanks Meter: 4,150

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattL600

The A50 has just recieved a 120fps camera mod.

There are numerous sources that confirm that the S9 is capable of this.
[Unfortunately as i am a lurker and do not have an account i cannot post links yet so you will have to search yourselves but the sources are numerous]

It is quite obvious that Samsung limited this feature, perhaps in order to segment their branding or because they felt that it was too unstable.

Does anyone know if there is an existing mod for this?
I have a 144hz monitor and would love to start capturing footage I can watch at a higher framerate.

Thanks

Trying to figure this out. super slow mo runs at like 940 fps and slow mode like 240. My numbers might be a bit off. but it already its higher than 120
6th May 2020, 12:34 AM |#3  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMadScientist

Trying to figure this out. super slow mo runs at like 940 fps and slow mode like 240. My numbers might be a bit off. but it already its higher than 120

Awesome! Thanks for your work!
6th May 2020, 12:37 AM |#4  
Recognized Contributor
Flag VT

More
Quote:

Awesome! Thanks for your work!

Not mine Samsung's lol. Have you read the specs on the s9 camera?
The Following User Says Thank You to TheMadScientist For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift TheMadScientist Ad-Free
6th May 2020, 03:19 AM |#5  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMadScientist

Not mine Samsung's lol. Have you read the specs on the s9 camera?

Oh i thought you were a developer. The S9 can record at 240fps but the actual video is only exported in 60fps and plays at 60fps. I can tell by comparing actual 120fps video with slow mo video i recorded myself without exporting it.
The Following User Says Thank You to MattL600 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift MattL600 Ad-Free
6th May 2020, 01:36 PM |#6  
Recognized Contributor
Flag VT

More
Quote:

Oh i thought you were a developer. The S9 can record at 240fps but the actual video is only exported in 60fps and plays at 60fps. I can tell by comparing actual 120fps video with slow mo video i recorded myself without exporting it.

I see now. Lol. That's kinda weird. I'm sure it will come along soon enough mate.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)