FORUMS

S9+ Move Apps To SD Card Doesn't Reduce File Size?

5 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By NR500r, Junior Member on 15th February 2020, 09:32 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I moved Call of Duty Mobile and PUBG Mobile to the SD card through the application settings and they both completed successfully. Altogether, both of these apps take up 4GB of space total. How ever, when I check the storage on my phone, the SD card only has 700MB of used space and the interal storage hasn't changed size either. I looked through my SD card and can't find any Call of Duty Mobile or PUBG Mobile folders in the SD card either. Did I mess up somewhere?
18th February 2020, 02:52 PM |#2  
Flag new delhi
Thanks Meter: 110

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by NR500r

I moved Call of Duty Mobile and PUBG Mobile to the SD card through the application settings and they both completed successfully. Altogether, both of these apps take up 4GB of space total. How ever, when I check the storage on my phone, the SD card only has 700MB of used space and the interal storage hasn't changed size either. I looked through my SD card and can't find any Call of Duty Mobile or PUBG Mobile folders in the SD card either. Did I mess up somewhere?

I think only the application installed is moved to SD card. Not it's game file. You could find the game file in the android/obb folder
19th February 2020, 07:36 AM |#3  
Flag clearwater
Thanks Meter: 65

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by NR500r

How much storage do you need? How many apps do you have?

I'm just curious cause I personally never had a storage issue even when phones were 8gb. I know not everyone is like that but anyway, the phone storage will always be the fastest option. It's why it's designed to stay on your phone vs sd card
20th March 2020, 03:26 PM |#4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I upgraded to a 512GB S10 Plus so I'm good now. I previously only had 64GB on the S9+ but I film a lot of videos for YouTube, that's why space was such a concern and the S9+ doesn't let you record 4ak 60FPS video to the SD Card. Yeah, I could move the videos separately but I didn't have much space on my S9+ to begin with so I didn't have much time to film on the S9+ 4K 60FPS settings before I ran out of space.
Quote:
Originally Posted by creep138

How much storage do you need? How many apps do you have?

I'm just curious cause I personally never had a storage issue even when phones were 8gb. I know not everyone is like that but anyway, the phone storage will always be the fastest option. It's why it's designed to stay on your phone vs sd card

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)