FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Galaxy S9 Screen Protector Options

54 posts
Thanks Meter: 7

By natsinicky, Member on 16th February 2018, 07:34 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi everyone, wanted to start to get some people’s opinions on screen protector options for the S9. As I understand it, the options are as follows:
1) TPU Wet Application
2) TPU Dry Application,
3) Dot Matrix Glass
4) 3D Curved Full Adhesive Glass
I know that the 3D Curved one would be the best option – Zagg’s protectors are usually great, but expensive. Hopefully we can find a quality option before the phones ship. If anyone has any information, or good experience with a particular company, please leave a comment! I’ll try to update this OP as often as I can, after we’re able to confirm which protectors are good or bad.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to natsinicky For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift natsinicky Ad-Free

17th February 2018, 07:46 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
I would be waiting for the device to come out and for some reviews to be published before I decide. I would love if there were a good 3D curved screen protector
21st February 2018, 12:13 AM |#3  
Flag Chandler
Thanks Meter: 40

More
PhantomSkinz Screen Protection for Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9+
Hi All,

PhantomSkinz will be releasing screen protection (TPU Wet Application) and full body skinz for the S9 and S9+ models. We would like to offer some free samples to members of this forum in exchange for reviews and any feedback you might have. We would expect to begin shipping the skinz on the official US release date, if not sooner.

If you have 500+ post count and live in the USA (cheaper, quicker shipping for us), send us a DM and we will consider you for a free review unit or two

Here's hoping that the phone will be a great successor to the S8 and that the camera will be as good as leaks are suggesting!

Guru
The Following User Says Thank You to PhantomSkinz Guru For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift PhantomSkinz Guru Ad-Free
26th February 2018, 02:34 AM |#4  
Flag Seoul
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Option 5) 3D Curved Full Adhesive Glass(w/o colored rims)
I'm working for Whitestone Dome glass, member of SMAPP(Samsung Mobile Accessory Partner Program) in screen protector.

I think the above question is very professional and good guide to choose best one for S9!!! I think Option 4 is the best in performance without any doubts. One suggestion is, it would be better if adding one more option ; "5) 3D Curved Full Adhesive Glass(without colored rim)", because most of current products in option 4 are with "colored rim", having some restrictions in performance. They partly block the viewing area, especially side menu bar in case of Galaxy series such as S8, Note8 and S9. (you can even see two lines, annoying your vision if you watch it from the side).

Whitestone Dome Glass is full adhesion of course, but doesn't have any colored rim, thanks to LOCA patent technology(applying liquid adhesive, curing it with UV light), totally different from current "Taping" method of the others. There're already many discussions about us in forums for S8 and Note8. Preorder for Dome glass of S9 in online stores already started together with S9 unpack. We do run review program. Most welcome your participation and you can contact us in our homepage. Hoping that the above information should be helpful... Thanks
27th February 2018, 07:17 AM |#5  
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitestonedome

Hello
There is the only product that meets your condition.
You could have heard about WhitestoneDomeGlass screen protector !
WhitestoneDomeGlass for Galaxy S9 is full touch with full adhesive through the edge without any gaps or bubble by LOCA technology.
It is now available for pre-order at Amazon and during this time we are offering 10%discount on it !! Don't miss out on discount promotion
Please click below to see Unbox Therapy review on our Dome Glass
https://youtu.be/xsarQ8O58YM

Where can I buy this with shipping to Australia?
27th February 2018, 10:00 AM |#6  
Flag lyon
Thanks Meter: 97

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitestonedome

Hello
There is the only product that meets your condition.
You could have heard about WhitestoneDomeGlass screen protector !
WhitestoneDomeGlass for Galaxy S9 is full touch with full adhesive through the edge without any gaps or bubble by LOCA technology.
It is now available for pre-order at Amazon and during this time we are offering 10%discount on it !! Don't miss out on discount promotion
Please click below to see Unbox Therapy review on our Dome Glass
https://youtu.be/xsarQ8O58YM

hi, i live in france and i preorder my samsung galaxy s9+ and i would like to test or buy your product. no deliver to france in amazon. do you think they have a solution. thanks
27th February 2018, 04:30 PM |#7  
Flag Milwaukee
Thanks Meter: 167

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by javychoi

I'm working for Whitestone Dome glass, member of SMAPP(Samsung Mobile Accessory Partner Program) in screen protector.

I think the above question is very professional and good guide to choose best one for S9!!! I think Option 4 is the best in performance without any doubts. One suggestion is, it would be better if adding one more option ; "5) 3D Curved Full Adhesive Glass(without colored rim)", because most of current products in option 4 are with "colored rim", having some restrictions in performance. They partly block the viewing area, especially side menu bar in case of Galaxy series such as S8, Note8 and S9. (you can even see two lines, annoying your vision if you watch it from the side).

Whitestone Dome Glass is full adhesion of course, but doesn't have any colored rim, thanks to LOCA patent technology(applying liquid adhesive, curing it with UV light), totally different from current "Taping" method of the others. There're already many discussions about us in forums for S8 and Note8. Preorder for Dome glass of S9 in online stores already started together with S9 unpack. We do run review program. Most welcome your participation and you can contact us in our homepage. Hoping that the above information should be helpful... Thanks

ZAGG has also released a full coverage, full adhesive glass screen protector (Zagg Elite) that works great for the S8 Plus and Note 8 and are also now selling it for the S9 and S9 Plus. I have used it on my Note 8 and am very pleased with the results. I also found a full glass glass adhesive from EYEO2 on amazon - they offer a package that includes 2 glass screen protectos for about 26 bucks (or 13 per screen protector) and it also works exceptionally well. no "ghosting" aroudn the edges, full screen coverage, full adhesive. The nice thing about EYEO2 and the ZAGG Elite Glass screen protectors - No liquid that can get all over your phone during installation and no UV Light for installation. Both offer replacement warrenties too.

I know many users rave about the Whitestone Screen Protectors and I am glad it worked for them - personally, I tried it once and installation was a mess. I must have done something wrong, but I ended up with liquid all over my phone that I ended up having to clean up...after that fiasco, the glass I had tried to install wouldn't stick - and I ended up with a bunch of crap under the glass - I ended up throwing the screen protector away. 50 bucks down the drain.
27th February 2018, 08:07 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 3

Donate to Me
More
Talking
Here are also some affordable cases and covers for Samsung Galaxy S9 I was reading about. Some of these are okay for normal day to day use. I am currently using S8 with clear view cover but thinking of upgrading to S9 after some time. Hopefully I get some good cover option by then.

https://www.thenerdmag.com/best-sams...ectors-covers/

P.S: I don't personally like covers on S8. They just makes phone look dull.
28th February 2018, 02:57 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Option 3: Otao Glass Screen Protector for S9 [installation tray]

Otao has released full coverage screen protector for S9 and it belongs option 3, it is a 3D curved tempered glass with installation tray. With installation tray, you can image how easy and fast to apply it on your phone. There is also one option for S9 from Otao, not full coverage but 3D curved one. which makes it compatible with almost cases. Both price are affordble and reasonable. Everybody can try.
28th February 2018, 03:24 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
The White Stone Dome Glass is expensive $50 and if you don't install it correctly you get two chances but if you mess it up you have to file a warranty claim, send the old one back at your expense $5 and pay $15 for the replacement then wait 4-6 weeks to receive the new one. Been there done that so after 4 attempts it went in the trash along with $70. Mine continued to have fine looking crystals in the glue just as it was about to seal. If your's does that do NOT use the UV light or you'll never get it installed
I also tried the Otao which is NOT full adhesion and mine kept falling off when I would sit it down or take it out of my pocket but they're cheap and you can buy 5 for the price of 1 White Stone dome glass
The Following User Says Thank You to Throwinrocks For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Throwinrocks Ad-Free
28th February 2018, 03:42 AM |#11  
Flag Seoul
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Whitestone Dome Glass and other screen protectors
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geekser

ZAGG has also released a full coverage, full adhesive glass screen protector (Zagg Elite) that works great for the S8 Plus and Note 8 and are also now selling it for the S9 and S9 Plus. I have used it on my Note 8 and am very pleased with the results. I also found a full glass glass adhesive from EYEO2 on amazon - they offer a package that includes 2 glass screen protectos for about 26 bucks (or 13 per screen protector) and it also works exceptionally well. no "ghosting" aroudn the edges, full screen coverage, full adhesive. The nice thing about EYEO2 and the ZAGG Elite Glass screen protectors - No liquid that can get all over your phone during installation and no UV Light for installation. Both offer replacement warrenties too.

I know many users rave about the Whitestone Screen Protectors and I am glad it worked for them - personally, I tried it once and installation was a mess. I must have done something wrong, but I ended up with liquid all over my phone that I ended up having to clean up...after that fiasco, the glass I had tried to install wouldn't stick - and I ended up with a bunch of crap under the glass - I ended up throwing the screen protector away. 50 bucks down the drain.

-------------------------------------------------------------
First of all, I'm sorry for your unhappy experience with our product. I'd like to ask you to try CS cantact in homepage or warranty replacement program, if you don't mind it. Or you can sign up for our review program for S9.

Thanks to your information, I looked up those products you mentioned and found out they're different variations in category 4, still having colored rims around. I don't want to be rude with other brands, so let me put it this way. If it is full adhesion, why do they still need to apply colored rim on the edge? What does it serve? And Why did we have to develop LOCA(Liquid Optically Clear Adhesive) technology, even supplying UV curng machine together? Because there must be significant variance in curvature of glass(which is natural when they use heat to vend glass), it goes to cover glass of device. Of course, screen protector as well. Current "OCA Taping" technology cannot cope with this physical limitation, even though they mignt meet your expectation to curtain digree.

We first do focus on performance as a screen protector for curved mobile device, which are eventually premium products and future main stream. So far we're only one product in cat. 5(3D Curved Full Adhesive Glass w/o colored rims). By the way, regarding "liquid overflow" thing, we put liquid 5% more than average of variance. We made decision some overflow is better than not fully covering the surface, while the liquid doesn't do any harm to device. It's bothering, but paying off.

I was trying to make simple opinion, but actually it's not that simple to those who are very concerned about protecting device. We're sharing the related information in our own media such as homepage, twitter, facebook, youtube and etc. You can easily find out reviews and recommendations of customers on online space. Now we do have many fans fortunately. Why don't you listen their voice? Thanks
The Following User Says Thank You to javychoi For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift javychoi Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
screen protectors

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)