FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Pitaka's Thinnest Protective Case Made from Kevlar/Aramid for S9

446 posts
Thanks Meter: 57

By xzr3b0rnzx, Senior Member on 22nd April 2018, 09:14 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
i have got this case for s9+, they do have one for the s9 which is about 2 dollars less expensive, i believe you will get the similar experience as there's not much difference between the two variants.
the edges of case is perfectly cut to the metal sides which makes it feels really natural to hold
NOTE: this is not a carbon fibre case, its made of 100% kevlar/aramid. Carbon fibre as a case would have interference with signals.

link for product: https://www.ipitaka.com/products/mag...12084172128326
10% off code: FRIEND-3W74582 on checkout

Let the pictures do the talking
The Following User Says Thank You to xzr3b0rnzx For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xzr3b0rnzx Ad-Free

22nd April 2018, 11:07 AM |#2  
Flag tehran
Thanks Meter: 0

Donate to Me
More
I was very impressed by this post
I was very impressed by this post
22nd April 2018, 06:23 PM |#3  
Flag Canton Ohio
Thanks Meter: 44

More
I had one of these on my S8. I've already ordered one for my S9. If you use a magnetic mount, this case is awesome because is has very thin pieces of metal embedded in the back for the magnets to grip. You can't even tell they are there. I love this case although it is fairly expensive.
23rd April 2018, 03:56 AM |#4  
OP Senior Member

More
true, but magmount is excellent with the case, some third party mount works well too tbh but not as grippy..

they are working on a new qi wireless car mount for the s9/s9+, link for anyone interested, not available yet
https://www.ipitaka.com/collections/magmount-qi-pro
30th April 2018, 09:57 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member

More
Wow bump up for great offer from pitaka!

Guys please email kitty for the updated qi car mount
The Following User Says Thank You to xzr3b0rnzx For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xzr3b0rnzx Ad-Free
1st May 2018, 10:35 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Emailed! I'll give the mount a try, I have been through so many, and on my current mount and SUPCASE I had to cut the metal ring, so it didn't bulge the case out so much the button were not pressable.

The Following User Says Thank You to Revenghost For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Revenghost Ad-Free
4th May 2018, 05:54 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitty-PITAKA

Good news!
If you want to try our MagMount Qi Pro, now you only need to pay the shipping fee. Limited quantity for testing.
Please send me an email at kitty@ipitaka.com if you have some interests.

I'll take you up on this, have placed and order and sent you an email
5th May 2018, 08:49 AM |#8  
Flag Dublin
Thanks Meter: 220

Donate to Me
More
You should definitely try the Pitaka MagCase... its amazing!

Use this code for 10% Discount:
FRIEND-758F9JG

https://www.ipitaka.com
16th May 2018, 12:51 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 16

More
so I've been using this case for about a week on my s9. Definitely a very premium thin case. It adds a a bit of weight to the phone, but gives it a nice heft. Cutouts line up perfectly and the case doesn't interfere with the whitedome screen protector.

My only gripe is that the edges are a bit sharp, so when holding the phone in landscape the edges of the case dig into my fingers a bit. This is compared to the Elago Origin case I was using before, which covers more of the sides of the phone(goes all the way around the power/volume/bixby buttons).
But my main reason for switching to the pitaka was for the built in magnets so I can use a magnetic qi charger.
17th May 2018, 11:51 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Got it couple days ago. Very nicely made.

I can second the edges, they are sharp and rough. I guess it is byproduct of it being aramid, but if anything could be done to soften and darken them - it'd be great.
Button cutouts could be wider.

But overall very thin, tightly cut, snug - perfect for the job.

One weird thing was that pitaka advised me that their old mag mount wasn't going to work with new case. I get that magnets and metal inserts are not perfectly aligned, but it would still work fine. As it works with cheap no-name magnet mount. Even without the case S9 works with mag mounts (the problem is glass back which is too slippery, that's where Case works wonders).

But I'll wait for QI charger to see how it works together.
31st May 2018, 05:38 AM |#11  
OP Senior Member

More
do let us know if it works out well.. I personally don't intent to get the qi wireless car mount,
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)