FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

WhiteStone Dome for the S9 is even better than the S8!

30 posts
Thanks Meter: 24

By zedexdriver98, Member on 13th March 2018, 05:42 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi guys!

Decided to take the plunge yet again and purchase a WhiteStone S9 screen protector seeing how I loved the S8 one so much (and because I seem to have no sense with my money).

So I went and preordered it from mobile fun and followed this YouTube video to install it and I think it came out great!

https://youtu.be/glOPokc6PeY

Just wanted to share this with you guys and see how you're finding yours. Are you guys getting WhiteStone Dome or have you found something better for the S9?

whitestone s9

whitestone s9 2
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to zedexdriver98 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift zedexdriver98 Ad-Free

13th March 2018, 10:42 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
I'm getting this sent. (hopefully soon). looking forward to my experiences.
14th March 2018, 01:33 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 211

More
expensive, I'm going to get a clear glass protector and use the same loca glue.
14th March 2018, 10:41 AM |#4  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 24

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by x111

expensive, I'm going to look top get clear glass protector and use the same loca glue.

Sounds like a mucher cheaper way of doing virtually the same thing. Will the loca glue need curing in the same way as the Whitestone do you reckon?

Love to hear how you get on anyway
14th March 2018, 09:38 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 49

More
Already installed my Whitestone as well. Had it for the S8+, Note 8, and now S9+. It seems every version, they improve the process. The Note 8 and S9+ both utilize the tipping over method. However, my Note 8 did not have a sticker to cover the speaker, or the pads on the side to clean up excess glue. The sticker for the speaker was nice, but I didn't bother with the liner pads on the side. As before, great product from Whitestone.
The Following User Says Thank You to EvoKnvl For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift EvoKnvl Ad-Free
15th March 2018, 02:08 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Hello,

I just installed the Whitestone Dome Glass on my S9 + and I’m happy.

Since the S7 edge I had to stop its protection in tempered glass because it did not stick and luck luck I broke my phone screen, I look everywhere on the internet and I saw the one that is expensive its real … 45 € (for me: France) except that 45 € on a phone has 959 € … I think it can do it, all his past and it fits perfectly sends really heavy!

To see in the long term ..
16th March 2018, 06:30 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Thank you!
Just put it on last night, and your video install helped a ton! So far I am loving it, perfect install, perfect glass
The Following User Says Thank You to Revenghost For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Revenghost Ad-Free
17th March 2018, 02:17 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 13

More
wow, i must be getting old and out of the loop for many years, has been many years since i used a screen protector.
watching that video, the process is cool for sure, wow. never seen such a thing. lol

thanks for sharing, might have to put it on my want list.
18th March 2018, 02:36 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
I don't know how true my reservations are, but I do have some regarding screen protectors using LOCA. When you remove the screen protector, the glass will come off easily (in most cases anyways) but the adhesive stays behind. The adhesive isn't something you can easily remove without some sort of solvent or manually scraping it. That's my only reservation on these kinds of screen protectors -- should I mess up the installation, or the glass cracks and requires removal -- the adhesive isn't going to come off easily.
28th March 2018, 06:42 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighMans

I don't know how true my reservations are, but I do have some regarding screen protectors using LOCA. When you remove the screen protector, the glass will come off easily (in most cases anyways) but the adhesive stays behind. The adhesive isn't something you can easily remove without some sort of solvent or manually scraping it. That's my only reservation on these kinds of screen protectors -- should I mess up the installation, or the glass cracks and requires removal -- the adhesive isn't going to come off easily.

mine came off perfectly clean on my S9 plus, i broke the whitestone and had to replace it. literally no residue left on phone, all loca stayed on tempered glass. big problem i see with whitestone is the warranty replacement process, they require old to be sent back before a replacement under warranty. for the price they need to allow you to request warranty and get new one on the way asap. the loca tempered glass seems to be the best option imho
29th March 2018, 04:11 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 18

More
I love how it looks like you don't even have a protector on until you look at the top by the earpiece! Super clean.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
samsung galaxy s9, screen protectors, whitestone

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)