WhiteStone Dome for the S9 is even better than the S8!

Search This thread

zedexdriver98

Aug 15, 2017
Hi guys!

Decided to take the plunge yet again and purchase a WhiteStone S9 screen protector seeing how I loved the S8 one so much (and because I seem to have no sense with my money).

So I went and preordered it from mobile fun and followed this YouTube video to install it and I think it came out great!

https://youtu.be/glOPokc6PeY

Just wanted to share this with you guys and see how you're finding yours. Are you guys getting WhiteStone Dome or have you found something better for the S9? :)

g4AIl5I.jpg

OpkmBKR.jpg

x111

Jul 3, 2009
expensive, I'm going to get a clear glass protector and use the same loca glue.

Last edited:

EvoKnvl

Jan 24, 2011
Already installed my Whitestone as well. Had it for the S8+, Note 8, and now S9+. It seems every version, they improve the process. The Note 8 and S9+ both utilize the tipping over method. However, my Note 8 did not have a sticker to cover the speaker, or the pads on the side to clean up excess glue. The sticker for the speaker was nice, but I didn't bother with the liner pads on the side. As before, great product from Whitestone.

Reactions: sd_N

NicoTeix

Apr 3, 2014
Hello,

I just installed the Whitestone Dome Glass on my S9 + and I’m happy.

Since the S7 edge I had to stop its protection in tempered glass because it did not stick and luck luck I broke my phone screen, I look everywhere on the internet and I saw the one that is expensive its real … 45 € (for me: France) except that 45 € on a phone has 959 € … I think it can do it, all his past and it fits perfectly sends really heavy!

To see in the long term ..

Revenghost

Feb 20, 2013
Thank you!

Just put it on last night, and your video install helped a ton! So far I am loving it, perfect install, perfect glass

Reactions: sd_N

JS_racer

Oct 29, 2011
wow, i must be getting old and out of the loop for many years, has been many years since i used a screen protector.
watching that video, the process is cool for sure, wow. never seen such a thing. lol

thanks for sharing, might have to put it on my want list.

HighMans

Mar 20, 2010
I don't know how true my reservations are, but I do have some regarding screen protectors using LOCA. When you remove the screen protector, the glass will come off easily (in most cases anyways) but the adhesive stays behind. The adhesive isn't something you can easily remove without some sort of solvent or manually scraping it. That's my only reservation on these kinds of screen protectors -- should I mess up the installation, or the glass cracks and requires removal -- the adhesive isn't going to come off easily.

nhoj_yelbom

Nov 1, 2007
I don't know how true my reservations are, but I do have some regarding screen protectors using LOCA. When you remove the screen protector, the glass will come off easily (in most cases anyways) but the adhesive stays behind. The adhesive isn't something you can easily remove without some sort of solvent or manually scraping it. That's my only reservation on these kinds of screen protectors -- should I mess up the installation, or the glass cracks and requires removal -- the adhesive isn't going to come off easily.

mine came off perfectly clean on my S9 plus, i broke the whitestone and had to replace it. literally no residue left on phone, all loca stayed on tempered glass. big problem i see with whitestone is the warranty replacement process, they require old to be sent back before a replacement under warranty. for the price they need to allow you to request warranty and get new one on the way asap. the loca tempered glass seems to be the best option imho

Deathman20

Sep 10, 2010
Wisconsin
I love how it looks like you don't even have a protector on until you look at the top by the earpiece! Super clean.
Yes it's very clean on the install and yeah you only really see it on the top. Looking right at it you don't notice it but if you tilt the phone a little you'll notice it on the top.

My install went great on two phones. Even screwed up the second one doing it and cleaned it all up and did it again... flawless.

My only concern is the bottom of the protector seems to sit a little low on the phone could of moved up slightly or shortened the glass just by a fraction to give a little more space between the glass and cases.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Jonnyboy12

Mar 15, 2018
Hi Anyone,

Installation is both time consuming, easy, and difficult. Approx. time 15 minutes. It's easy to install. The challenge was getting the table balance & removing every piece dust possible. Other then that, it's worth the $45. The price is the thing I hate about it.

tvsndr

Mar 10, 2018
It feels slightly thicker. Nothing bad. Could be slightly wider and taller, bezel gap bothers me. But that allows different case styles. I use Clear View case, so it makes the whole package pretty fat already.
Little glue marks at the edges with dust. But nothing bothering. Also, after installing the glass, there seems to be a crack from bottom center, towards on/off button. Don't know if i screwed something up or it is production failure.

Haohmaru

Dec 27, 2010
mine cracked somehow, never dropped it. waiting to hear from their support, having to mail them the broken one before they send me a replacement is really ****ty service imo

Deathman20

Sep 10, 2010
Wisconsin
mine cracked somehow, never dropped it. waiting to hear from their support, having to mail them the broken one before they send me a replacement is really ****ty service imo
Yeah that does suck. Though it's a good fit and stays put on the screen which is the main reason I went with them. Maybe I'm due time the will be more competitors that work with these types of screens with proper adhesion.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

nhoj_yelbom

Nov 1, 2007

yes terrible, im going to make sure people know that. i have had 20+ people asking about mine and only one actually bought due to the price and warranty ordeal. hopefully the rep posting here sees this

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi guys!

Decided to take the plunge yet again and purchase a WhiteStone S9 screen protector seeing how I loved the S8 one so much (and because I seem to have no sense with my money).

So I went and preordered it from mobile fun and followed this YouTube video to install it and I think it came out great!

https://youtu.be/glOPokc6PeY

Just wanted to share this with you guys and see how you're finding yours. Are you guys getting WhiteStone Dome or have you found something better for the S9? :)

g4AIl5I.jpg

OpkmBKR.jpg
    Already installed my Whitestone as well. Had it for the S8+, Note 8, and now S9+. It seems every version, they improve the process. The Note 8 and S9+ both utilize the tipping over method. However, my Note 8 did not have a sticker to cover the speaker, or the pads on the side to clean up excess glue. The sticker for the speaker was nice, but I didn't bother with the liner pads on the side. As before, great product from Whitestone.
    Thank you!

Just put it on last night, and your video install helped a ton! So far I am loving it, perfect install, perfect glass
    They need to provide a screen and glue only purchase. I don't want two sets of accessories to install a screen protector for the two S9's in my household.

EDIT: Thanks wmharley!
    they do.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07B9LSXR4/ref=twister_B079Y7CBX7?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Its the $34.99 one.,
    "REPLACEMENT SET ONLY: This product is only for current Dome Glass users. Without prior purchase of the full kit, this REPLACEMENT CANNOT BE INSTALLED."

---------- Post added at 10:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:02 AM ----------

case compatibility
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11upU3Lh5bIZl3rPAoN23gCxBDU6MwkNZyEzY01HLUeE/edit#gid=0