bad battery

Search This thread

saarxee

Nov 5, 2013
My battery drains too fast.. and I disable the features and not play games..
I have this only 2 years..
If I have 15%.. it was going down to 0% so fast..

maybe it was caused because of the new updates?

Reactions: dj.shauny.g

DaveG46

May 4, 2012
Try and use it until it turns off and then fully charge it while it's still off do that a few times and see if it gets any better. I spotted something online which suggested this and it helped mine a little

Try and use it until it turns off and then fully charge it while it's still off do that a few times and see if it gets any better. I spotted something online which suggested this and it helped mine a little
I'm having the same problem. I tried this but the battery life is still not great, like sometimes I charge my S9 twice a day.

DaveG46

May 4, 2012
I'm having the same problem. I tried this but the battery life is still not great, like sometimes I charge my S9 twice a day.
Yeah to be honest mines from April 2018 and I still have to charge it twice a day sometimes but if it goes off at 15% the full charge thing seemed to help. The accu battery app, said my battery around 80% guess there still alot of stuff running in the background not sure what phones expected battery life is but their only covered by 1 year warranty I believe which probably says alot and the s9 exynos is known to be worse than snapdragon chop for battery

dj.shauny.g

Mar 4, 2018
These new Samsung devices have the worst battery life around. Every single update it gets worse. This is Samsung forcing you to pay for a new device which will be exactly the same.

These new Samsung devices have the worst battery life around. Every single update it gets worse. This is Samsung forcing you to pay for a new device which will be exactly the same.
I don't think so, my friend's note 8 last a lot longer than my S9. Maybe it's an issue with the S9 itself because the S8 had longer battery life since the beginning.

dj.shauny.g

Mar 4, 2018
I don't think so, my friend's note 8 last a lot longer than my S9. Maybe it's an issue with the S9 itself because the S8 had longer battery life since the beginning.

So 2years and still no fix? Come on mate anybody can see what's going on here its no issue with s9. Battery life was amazing out the box, ever since its been terrible.

---------- Post added at 04:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:55 PM ----------

Could be worse could have an iPhone [emoji6][emoji23]

Haha i will be going iphone next time around, don't think i will ever purchase a samsung again after this experience. At least we can expect plenty of updates with iphone

So 2years and still no fix? Come on mate anybody can see what's going on here its no issue with s9. Battery life was amazing out the box, ever since its been terrible.

---------- Post added at 04:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:55 PM ----------

Haha i will be going iphone next time around, don't think i will ever purchase a samsung again after this experience. At least we can expect plenty of updates with iphone
If you're aware, Samsung flagships get 2 years of major updates, one year of monthly security updates and one year for quarterly security updates, which equals 4 years of updates, and if you add the first year before receiving the first major update, it's 5, similar to iPhones, and since iOS doesn't bring a lot of new things with their updates, it's basically the same thing.
I'm having so much fun using my S9 and I never got bored even after 2 years of use, and now I'm waiting for OneUI2.1 ? It's true that battery life isn't great but my friend's iPhone X is worse than my S9, so it's a normal thing after 2 years of use, at least for 2017/2018 flagships.

kyooohei08

Sep 24, 2016
Mabalacat

Come on mate, I also have my s9 from launch, do you seriously think that 3000 mAh is still at 100% capacity? Clue, it's not. After so many long charge cycles, I'd say it's only around 70-75%, equivalent to 2100-2250mAh. Atleast you still got a fast charger that comes with the phone. I'd rather not complain considering the screen is beautiful.

Reactions: jamil aboudaher

DaveG46

May 4, 2012
Come on mate, I also have my s9 from launch, do you seriously think that 3000 mAh is still at 100% capacity? Clue, it's not. After so many long charge cycles, I'd say it's only around 70-75%, equivalent to 2100-2250mAh. Atleast you still got a fast charger that comes with the phone. I'd rather not complain considering the screen is beautiful.
My battery about 80% according to the accu app about 28 months. Does have screen burn across the bottom of the screen though [emoji24] but I'm not giving up on it yet [emoji1787][emoji1787]

dj.shauny.g

Mar 4, 2018
This is totally a software failure.

I am a beta tester and when the first one came out for android 10 the battery life was like when i first had the phone. Lasted all day long. As they rolled out more and more beta updates it got worse again.

This had been one of the worst devices for battery life ever since they updated it.

hulhulsulsul

Jan 1, 2016
Hello everyone. I've just bought a brand new Galaxy S9 few days ago. My first impression is awesome. The device is lightning fast despite having 2-year-old hardware. I am totally amazed how Android evolved over the years. Coming from a Galaxy S7, I am more than satisfied with my new phone. However, battery life is becoming a concern for me, as I get more and more familiar with the device. The problem is, phone only lasts half day, at most. I can only get 2-2,5 hours of SOT which is unacceptable for me. I upgraded from my S7 primarily for better battery life. I use most of the smart features like AOD, High Accuracy Location, Edge Notifications, 2K resolution etc. and no power saving mode. Can someone explain how can I increase my battery life without sacrificing all these features?

DaveG46

May 4, 2012
Hello everyone. I've just bought a brand new Galaxy S9 few days ago. My first impression is awesome. The device is lightning fast despite having 2-year-old hardware. I am totally amazed how Android evolved over the years. Coming from a Galaxy S7, I am more than satisfied with my new phone. However, battery life is becoming a concern for me, as I get more and more familiar with the device. The problem is, phone only lasts half day, at most. I can only get 2-2,5 hours of SOT which is unacceptable for me. I upgraded from my S7 primarily for better battery life. I use most of the smart features like AOD, High Accuracy Location, Edge Notifications, 2K resolution etc. and no power saving mode. Can someone explain how can I increase my battery life without sacrificing all these features?
Was it new sealed?

dj.shauny.g

Mar 4, 2018
Its down to the software i am totally convinced.

Samsung needs to fix this urgently. It has been going on for at least 2 years and still no fix.

gerega

Jul 12, 2012
My s9+ drains super fast within minutes once it reaches ~25%. And the "best": if I connect the charger then, it wont charge the battery, but drains even faster to 0%!!! I need to restart the phone.
Tried a full wipe, but no changes!

Tomogitarist

Nov 9, 2014
S9 had terrible battery from from the launch. It's the only reason why I regret buying the phone. At least I adapted to terrible battery and learned how to use my phone less so it can survive full day of battery life.
2.5-3.5 screen on time with light tasks only and constant battery saving measures is terrible in my opinion.
Then I bought Galaxy Watch and crippled my battery even more when it connects via bluetooth, it drains so fast it became countdown timer

Last edited:
S9 had terrible from the launch. It's the only reason why I regret buying the phone. At least I adapted to terrible battery and learned how to use my phone less so it can survive full day of battery life.
2.5-3.5 screen on time with light tasks only and constant battery saving measures is terrible in my opinion.
Then I bought Galaxy Watch and crippled my battery even more when it connects via bluetooth, it drains so fast it became countdown timer
That's what I was trying to say.
When I first got my S9 I was getting only 4 hours of screen on time while my friend was able to get 6-7 hours on her S8 and she was using it for 1 year at the time. Also every tech website mentioned that the S9 was noticeably worse than the S8 when it comes to battery life.
I got used to it though and I'm keeping my S9 until it stops receiving updates at all.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

My s9+ drains super fast within minutes once it reaches ~25%. And the "best": if I connect the charger then, it wont charge the battery, but drains even faster to 0%!!! I need to restart the phone.
    Tried a full wipe, but no changes!