FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Battery drain - device idle - any solution?

85 posts
Thanks Meter: 9

By GaMeFaNaTi3, Member on 13th March 2018, 11:39 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
https://image.ibb.co/fnQ5QH/Screensh...3_Settings.jpg

Hi all

Had my S9 for a few days now and noticed that I keep losing around 10% overnight while the phone is doing nothing.

I have AOD switched on (Like I used to on my S7 which was fine with battery) and have the phone on flight mode.

If you look at the green line on the far right of the graph is where it is draining at night (image attached above as a link since the image itself is huge to fit in here)

Any ideas what's causing this? Any logs or apps I can use to figure out why it's happening?

Thanks!

13th March 2018, 02:07 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Might be worth fully charging the phone (to reset the battery monitor). Then using it very briefly and leaving it overnight. Then see which apps are at the top of the battery drain list?

Mine definitely doesn't drain that bad. Here's a screenshot of mine overnight. I maybe had 5% max.

13th March 2018, 02:28 PM |#3  
Flag Manchester
Thanks Meter: 126

More
It should settle mine seems to have done first few days I could see the battery drain I have had the phone uncharged since 0630 this morning and with loads of use I'm on 53% the other day I was losing artery rapidly hopefully update on Friday will sort out any bugs

Sent from my SM-G965F using XDA Premium HD app

---------- Post added at 02:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:28 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben-fisher-bro

Might be worth fully charging the phone (to reset the battery monitor). Then using it very briefly and leaving it overnight. Then see which apps are at the top of the battery drain list?

Mine definitely doesn't drain that bad. Here's a screenshot of mine overnight. I maybe had 5% max.

How do you find that info I have no battery tab

13th March 2018, 03:25 PM |#4  
OP Member

More
Quote:

Ok I'll try that. I have a feeling it's something to do with flight mode since I don't see a drain like this during the day but only after I've switched it on. Weird...
13th March 2018, 04:30 PM |#5  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mancuk29

It should settle mine seems to have done first few days I could see the battery drain I have had the phone uncharged since 0630 this morning and with loads of use I'm on 53% the other day I was losing artery rapidly hopefully update on Friday will sort out any bugs

---------- Post added at 02:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:28 PM ----------

How do you find that info I have no battery tab

Swipe down on your home screen and where it says power saving. Long press it instead of press it.

Or in device management click battery.
14th March 2018, 11:02 AM |#6  
OP Member

More
Quote:

https://image.ibb.co/dbvacx/Screensh...1_Settings.jpg

Here's an updated graph. It's gotten worse! From 80% to 64% this time! Any suggestions anyone?
14th March 2018, 01:40 PM |#7  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaMeFaNaTi3

https://image.ibb.co/dbvacx/Screensh...1_Settings.jpg

Here's an updated graph. It's gotten worse! From 80% to 64% this time! Any suggestions anyone?

Try the same with Aeroplane mode off?

I dont use aeroplane mode and mine drained 4% in 8 hours last night.
14th March 2018, 01:57 PM |#8  
OP Member

More
Quote:

Quote:

Try the same with Aeroplane mode off?

I dont use aeroplane mode and mine drained 4% in 8 hours last night.

I'll try tonight with "do not disturb" rather than airplane mode. Seems like this is a common issue with the S8 too from googling. I'm guessing it's some sort of software problem. I've disabled location permissions with some apps and did a system update not long ago... tbc!
15th March 2018, 10:30 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I have also the same issue with my S9 using airplane mode and lost around 12% overnight...
I have AOD disabled during the night and have a S9 Exynos version.
15th March 2018, 12:59 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 32

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by okdreamy

I have also the same issue with my S9 using airplane mode and lost around 12% overnight...

this must be a bug with the modem or something. some german users are reporting this as well.
15th March 2018, 02:31 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by okdreamy

Same here, cell standby and AOD seemed to be biggest culprits.
Couldn`t get 3hrs of SOT in a 28h usage period.
A phone restart seems to have helped with the AOD drain, and disabling VoLTE with cell standby drain.
And i just got the update (SEE) so we`ll see how it goes from now on.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)