Thanks Meter: 54

By kash20, Senior Member on 9th March 2018, 10:02 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
12th March 2018, 04:44 PM |#11  
Flag Manchester
Thanks Meter: 1,035

Donate to Me
More
Mine failed today. It told me to restart if the issue continued. I had to restart and it worked.
13th March 2018, 09:53 AM |#12  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 54

More
Update 13/03 - As per another similar thread, the issue has been identified as linking with Finger Sensor gestures being enable (Settings > Advanced Features > Finger Sensor Gestures) and Samsung will be issuing a fix this coming friday
The Following User Says Thank You to kash20 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kash20 Ad-Free
13th March 2018, 04:32 PM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hassan.ikh

I have the same issue on my new s9. Been onto Samsung support told me to wipe cache partition and monitor. No issues yet. But out of interest has anyone got apps installed that use fingerprint for authentication. My RBS app keeps crashing and uses fingerprint for login, maybe it's linked?

Update: wiping cache partition worked a treat. Issue has not reoccured. I have fingerprint unlock and gestures both on and working perfectly now. Suggest you guys give this a try as recommended from Samsung.
The Following User Says Thank You to hassan.ikh For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift hassan.ikh Ad-Free
13th March 2018, 04:39 PM |#14  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:

Update: wiping cache partition worked a treat. Issue has not reoccured. I have fingerprint unlock and gestures both on and working perfectly now. Suggest you guys give this a try as recommended from Samsung.

How can I wipe cache partition?
13th March 2018, 05:46 PM |#15  
Flag Manchester
Thanks Meter: 151

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintball12345

How can I wipe cache partition?

Does wiping the cache clear the memory or just clears the crap out

Sent from my SM-G965F using XDA Premium HD app
14th March 2018, 02:29 PM |#16  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:

I've done it, but got the same problem after few hours. Didn't work for me.
14th March 2018, 07:08 PM |#17  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Turn your phone off, hold the volume up, bixby and power keys for 10 secs. At the menu use the volume keys to navigate to wipe cache partition and power key to select. Once complete reboot your phone. I had gestures and scanner off when I done this. I have still not had a problem.

---------- Post added at 08:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:01 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by mancuk29

Wiping the cache partition will keep your data and settings intact.

---------- Post added at 08:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:03 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by mancuk29

Wiping the cache partition will keep your data and settings intact.

---------- Post added at 08:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:03 PM ----------

Quote:

Check for hardware fault first by dialling *#0*# test the fingerprint scanner and check you get a pass status. If it fails you have a faulty scanner. If wiping the cache partition didn't work not sure what else you can try except factory restore. I did not restore my apps from backup/cloud but installed my apps from fresh from app store. Sometimes apps can cause the problems.

---------- Post added at 08:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:07 PM ----------

Quote:

Check for hardware fault first by dialling *#0*# test the fingerprint scanner and check you get a pass status. If it fails you have a faulty scanner. If wiping the cache partition didn't work not sure what else you can try except factory restore. I did not restore my apps from backup/cloud but installed my apps from fresh from app store. Sometimes apps can cause the problems.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
error, fingerprint reader, fingerprint scanner, message

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)