FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Anyone heard of Visible (Verizon) Wireless?

211 posts
Thanks Meter: 19

By allchannels99, Senior Member on 15th July 2019, 04:13 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Are there are any other Visible users on here? Visible is owned and operated by Verizon (it's not a MVNO). They are offering unlimited unthrottled data/talk/text/hotspot for $40/month without contract. I switched about 10 days ago. Speedtests are as high as 103Mbps! Got the deal to get the S9 for $408-$200 MasterCard they'll send in 6 weeks to equal $208. Service is exceptional and the S9 is factory unlocked. WiFi calling and Visual Voicemail work too. If anyone is interested, you can input code wQ8bD at checkout to get your first bill for only $20.

16th July 2019, 10:29 PM |#2  
Flag Arlington
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Visible and VPN
Quote:
Originally Posted by allchannels99

Are there are any other Visible users on here?

I'm trying the service, but I find that Visible seems to prevent the use of a VPN. (I use Private Internet Access.) T-Mobile doesn't have a problem with VPN so I'm not sure why Verizon's Visible does.
16th July 2019, 10:57 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Atlanta, Georgia

Donate to Me
More
I'm using NordVPN with my S9 without issue. What VPN are you using?
16th July 2019, 11:57 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 254

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wpscully

I'm trying the service, but I find that Visible seems to prevent the use of a VPN. (I use Private Internet Access.) T-Mobile doesn't have a problem with VPN so I'm not sure why Verizon's Visible does.

I am looking to go with Visible, but need the VPN. I too have PIA. Are you using the PIA app or the OpenVPN app on your phone?
17th July 2019, 12:20 AM |#5  
Flag Arlington
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tool Belt

Are you using the PIA app or the OpenVPN app on your phone?

I have the PIA apk from the Google Play store. The Visible apk is the beta version, also from the Play store. I rebooted the phone after several package updates were delivered by Google this afternoon. And now PIA (updated 22 May) and Visible (updated 12 July) seem to be working together. So yeah, that's good news. Give Visible a try.

If you need a code mine is: wNmt8 (Full disclosure: Both you and I get a discount if you use that code. I don't have any relationship with Verizon, aside from just the cell service.)
18th July 2019, 03:30 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Atlanta, Georgia

Donate to Me
More
So I learned Visible is selling the ZTE R2 phone temporarily for ONLY $19 ($20.52 shipped) and I asked Customer Support if I could buy one for a backup phone since they don't offer insurance. The rep said if I create a new account and buy the phone but don't activate the SIM I won't ever be charged for service and I'll have a spare phone for $20 so that's what I did. It will be interesting to play with. If you would like to get your first bill for $20 my referral code is wQ8bD
31st July 2019, 03:27 PM |#7  

More
I am using it on an S9 and if you understand it ONLY works on Verizon and there is no roaming you will do fine.

As an aside, I am trying to change the SIM Pin and require it at boot as an additional way to secure the phone. Visible will not, or cannot provide the default SIM Pin. Anyone know what it is?
1st August 2019, 04:33 PM |#8  
I am going to give them a shot. I will be moving my GF from Meto. Metro is getting on my nerves. We cant swap the sim without them throwing a fit. Also, the store employes state we need to pay them 10 to swap the IMEI BS if you ask me. But Visible will let me turn in my OLD iPhone 5C to get credit for that free ZTE phone they are passing out. Looks like they will give you the phone no matter what. Will report back on how good the services are in Charlotte NC. I have Verizon should be a good comparison.
1st August 2019, 05:06 PM |#9  

More
Visible works well in Central and Northern WI with the exception of Marathon County which has no native Verizon towers.
1st August 2019, 07:49 PM |#10  
Flag Sioux Falls, SD
Thanks Meter: 378

More
it seems that its one of the myriad of the MVNOs out there.
5th August 2019, 04:57 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Visible pin might be 1212
I'm new here and on a phone, I could t find how to reply...

For the person who asked about the pin for the sim, try 1212, that's the account pin (found on reddit)

And I wanted to ask the person who was able to root this device, how he did it? I got the g960u1 from visible last Wednesday, and I've been trying to root it or at least get twrp, with no success... I would love any help in this matter, thanks in advance
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)